General Setting Pitch On Flybarless

murankar

Staff member
If you have a pitch gauge you can level the swash with that. Ill see if I can dig up a how to video.

Tony

Staff member
For me, the learning process is most of the fun. Just start with the servos and work your way up. Stay in Menu G for almost all of it.

murankar

Staff member
This is video 6 so you may need to go back a couple videos to get the pre set up.

This is how I set my helis up using the rc Logger 2 pitch gauge set. Because I do not have that particular gauge I leave the blades in the heli. Now I will say that you will need to take precautions to stay safe. I should not have to explain that, but you should do what ever you feel comfortable doing. Unplug or disengage the motor.

This is the only method I use so it can be done. The first few times will be rough for sure but do able. I also have a set of crashed blades that I chopped down just for this process.

bigone5500

Here are my steps if I understand this.

1. Power on Tx and then Rx.
2. Wait for the gyro to initialize and then go into menu G.
3. With status light off, adjust servo horns to 90 deg.

Exit the setup in the gyro and then adjust the linkages as needed.

Is this right?

Tony

Staff member
Yes sir, that is almost exactly right. Only thing missing (and only for clarification) is the push and hold the setup button until A stops flashing and goes solid (which I don't think yours does) to enter setup mode.

Not sure what you mean by "exit setup". You should do this with a fully charged battery and your helicopter and Tx will remain on the entire time you are setting it up.

murankar

Staff member
Yes . Before you install the servos you will go to step g to get the servo to center. Put the arm on as close to 90 as possible. Install servo.

Assemble links and make sure you are as close to the factory spec for length, this goes for all links to include grip links. That completes the mechanical set up.

Now to level the swash you will adjust each servo as needed so the blade reads 0.0# (preferably 0 but you never know you may not get a true zero) at step G. Once you level the swash the servos may not be a true 90 degrees to the link, while it might be close.

No matter what method you choose just stay consistent. Don't jump back and forth, it will only confuse you more.

bigone5500

I plan on leveling the swash with the zip tie method. That is cheapest for me at this point. I'm slowly understanding what needs to be done and in what order. Slowly understanding how everything affects the blades. I will work with this until I get it right. I will take me a while but I will eventually get it. It may not be absolutely right but I hope to be able to fly it in the end...or do I mean crash it?

Tony

Staff member
The swash will be step 2 (or step 5 depending on how you look at it) in the setup. Do the servo arms first and get them 90 to the links. Then, level the swash, then set 0 pitch at mid stick. From there you will set your positive and negative pitch (yes negative, even though you don't do 3d, do negative) and get them as close as you possibly can to each other. From there, it's time for a test flight.

murankar

Staff member
You don't need a soko tool to do that method. You can use your pitch gauge and follow the process. I don't have a soko and that's the process I use.

bigone5500

Wait! I could BUILD a Soko! Aluminum with a metal plate imbedded to attach the magnetic gauge to! Genuis!

murankar

Staff member
Now for that aluminum magnet invention. Lol

Dang, missed the metal plate part. But yes same thing. The soko fits all helis from 360 to 800

Tony

Staff member
The only issue is your pitch gauge has to be perfectly perpendicular to the main shaft. I will stick with my zip tie, you guys do it however you are talking about.

murankar

Staff member
My way is not right or wrong. Its just another method.

If you think about it thats what a swash leveling tool does too. It sets the swash 90 degrees to the main shaft. Technically so does the zip tie method.

Last edited:

bigone5500

I like zip ties too. I have a package of swash levelers in my desk. They are nice as they fit many helis fro 120 up to 700 size. Easy to use but there is no pdf instruction manual...

Top Bottom