RCH Bipe Beta 1 Now Available For Testing!!!

Tony

Staff member
I see you went with the Ultimate style elevator as well. Very nice. Gives more authority to the tail.

Gerald

Plans down loaded, check. Enough DTFB on hand, check. Starting build in 5 min, check! Thanks Tony and Derek! I will take pictures along the way!

Tony

Staff member
Great Deal Gerald. I know you were really wanting these plans and I hate that it took so long to get them done. But, they are here and the only way from here is up. Literally hahahaha.

bsuvansh

few things i want to point out, the bottom plate of the fuse is not equal to the side profile of the plane, you will have to trim it out. in my case i had to use sticks to combine the elevator, the elevator should have some space between the hinge. the elevator and rudder are not scaled, the rudder isnt even crossing the top wing which decreases the rudder authority on this plane, not sure about this ill check myself. other then that everything is superb!!
great job!!
i am not a expert so please correct me where i am wrong
interesting built

Derek

Ha ha ha, that's awesome! Very good work! I like how you mounted the battery. I like how you did the linkages for the upper and lower ailerons. Very cool! Good luck with your maiden flight!!!

Tony

Staff member
Dude, those are exactly the feedback that we need! I never even looked at the plans to see if the rudder was big enough. And the elevator control, yes, there needs to be more meat there. I think I have already fixed the issue with the fuse pieces being the same. But if you can point out what you are talking about with a picture, it would help better explain it.

I will be sitting down this weekend and making some changes to the plans. Just spent the last hour and a half replying to emails. So I'm hoping I have more time this weekend lol. This will be a sweet plane when it's all done. I have had other members (all 178 emails that were replied to me lol) give some great information as well.

Keep the feedback coming. That is what will make a great airplane.

bsuvansh

this plane is really sweet!! its hard to get a picture now when the step which i am talking about is done, i usually match the elevator and the rudder hinge line first and then see that, are both (side profile and the bottom profile) from the front part meeting up together or not if not i just trim it till its flush...

- - - Updated - - -

in this case the motor mount on the side profile was a bit extra,

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you are talking about the hinge line! I see what you are saying now. I have thought about making that change, and with the Edge style rudder (with teh top being solid), I will move the hinge forward a bit to match the elevator. How was the clearance on the elevator where it passes though the rudder? Does it need more space? I really need to build this plane lol. But, working on the Edge 540 videos now, then the RCH Trainer V3, then the Bipe after that. It will get done. Just takes time.

bsuvansh

this is going to be awesome, it does not need any more space, maybe its just me because the foamboard available here is thick about 8mm, so i dont think that it would be a problem for you guys...

bsuvansh

uploading the flight video on youtube!!

- - - Updated - - -

it was so fun flying this plane!! we were like laughing all the time when it raised up and started hovering!! thats why i gave music in the backgroud!! hehehe!!! i didnt recorded each and every flight of the plane. it was massive fun! i crashed it 3 times, broked the middle wing sturt and one of those side one, but repaired in the field itself just by using some packing tape and it was ready again, the motor mount didnt even moved, in the last crash i broke my 10*7 SF prop and guess what happened?? the motor mount was still in place, rock solid!!

i used a 2826, 980kv motor with 20amp esc and 2s 25c 1500mah, i know its a very light setup for this plane and the plane was pitching up all the time because it was very tail heavy..battery esc and the receiver were placed right behind the motor mount. i like this plane but i could not feel the rudder at all, it has to be big enough, higher then the top wing. and increase in the wing area, width wise!

heres the video

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

That's odd, to me, that you couldn't feel the rudder. I can turn "flat circles" with mine. Nonetheless, I'm very happy that you like the plane.

Gerald... no, I did not spar the wings. After adding the carbon fiber cross bracing, I didn't feel that the plane needed it. I didn't even think that there would be as much interest in this plane, so I did a few things on my plane that aren't a part of the plans.

And just so there is clarification, I did use an 11" bamboo skewer to join the two elevator halves.

Tony

Staff member
Where was your CoG in that video? That thing was wicked tail heavy. Great for 3D, but could be the reason you couldn't feel the rudder much.

You say "increase the wing area, width wise". Do you mean add to the wing chord? Right now, it's at 6" on the chord and we have thought about going to 8. Or are you talking about adding to the wing length, which right now is 30"?

I will work on a new design for the rudder. I dont' think being over the top wing will do much. On a 3D plane, you want everything in the prop wash. I think the rudder may just need more surface area. Again, I will be working on it.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a new set of plans with the new rudder. I made it not only taller but also longer as well. This should give much more authority. I also put the Edge style on it, so again, it should have more authority. Let me know what you think.

View attachment RCH Bipe beta 2.pdf

Derek

I just watched your flight video, bsuvansh. It flew!!! As Tony said, wicked tail heavy. I'm wondering...I saw in your pictures that you have the elevator and rudder servos very near the tail. I'm thinking if you move those two servos closer to the wings, this might help with that tail heaviness. I have my elevator and rudder servos 11" back from the nose.

I'm still a bit uncertain that the rudder needs more surface area. The rudder on my plane works very well. it's very responsive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on another note, I can't believe that 129 members have read this thread. WOW!!!

Derek

Tony, can we get a link to the beta 2 plans in the first post of this thread? I think it would be easier for people to find instead of them going through the thread to post #37.

Slobberdog

Derek the plane looks wicked and that's why so many are looking at this thread,

I am tempted to do it myself, if I could fly a plank I probably would have done it quicker, .

Top Bottom