RCH Bipe Beta 1 Now Available For Testing!!!

Timerider

Have a flight report but don't have any video yet. Started out way too tail heavy. Corrected most of that with sub trim, but not all of it. I initially increased the size of the rudder a little bit, so I think I will trim some of it back closer to original plans. Also my servos are mounted 12" from the nose instead of 11" like Derek's. Pushrods are carbon fiber with wire ca'd to the ends. Gonna change that to .043 wire with ziptie guides to see if that helps. Got some good hovers and torque rolls out of it though! After a couple of less than stellar landings in a bean field and a big pile of weeds, the motor mount has loosened up. I used two pieces of 1/16 ply laminated together, and once they were glued to airframe, I backed them with some 6mm depron. Need to come up with a beefier support somehow. This should also help with the tail weight issue.
My flying buddy took a pull with it and liked it a lot. I haven't told him that I am building him one too. Gotta let that be a surprise! With what I have learned from this one, I will incorporate into his. He flies mostly nitro slabs, and is a lot better pilot than I am.
Overall, we both agree that this is a pretty good flying plane!

Derek

I'm happy to hear that you and your buddy are enjoying the plane. Very cool! I'd also like to suggest that you simply start your own thread either strictly for your biplane stories or for all of your flight stories. There is no harm in keeping your posts here but if you had your own, it would be easier to search out your stories.

Good luck buddy and I hope you keep having fun with the plane. I have repaired my original biplane and I'm going to fly it again today. Video to come.

Ayumut

First Low-Wing Tail Drager

After mastering the Apprentice, what would be a good first low-wing tail-drager? A good flying sport plane with no bad habits. In the 35-45" wingspan area. Thanks.

track.gif

Tony

Staff member
There are a few that you can do. Something like the P-51 is a great plane. If you want to try a mid wing, you can try the RCH Edge 540 that you can download in the store for free.

Top Bottom