RCH Bipe Beta 1 Now Available For Testing!!!

Tony

Staff member
Okay everyone, this has been a long awaited plane, and it's here. We are still working on it, but I have it where people can test it and give responses.

A little background. This plane was designed by Derek. He drew out the plans on some foamboard and took some pictures of them. I then took those pictures and created the plans that you will see when you click on the link. I will let Derek do some more explaining on the plane and setup, but this will get you all to the point of testing it if you so wish. And I hope you do.

The plans are still in the beta stage, and they are no where complete. I have marked some servo locations on the plans, but that is about it. There is no CoG location, but according to Derek, it's just shy of 50% chord on the top wing. Or right in the middle of the upper wing support coming off the fuse.

So here are the plans. Post up suggestions as you find them. We are all ears. And most importantly, we are VERY HAPPY to have another plane for you guys to fly!

View attachment rchbipebeta1.pdf

Here is a list of electronics used on Derek's Bipe

1100kv brushless motor
Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
30amp ESC (because the motor was rated at 18amps)
TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller (US Warehouse)
4 - 9 gram servos work very well
HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo (US Warehouse)
3S 1300mah lipo (a 1000mah lipo was tested but the 1300mah lipo helped with cg)
Turnigy 1300mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack (US Warehouse)

A Spektrum AR400 4-channel receiver and a "Y" Servo Harness was also used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

When I was assembling the plane, I did notice that the angle of the elevator halves is less than what I have on mine. This prevents the rudder from moving side to side as much. Easy fix though, if you want more rudder movement, just trim the elevator halves a bit until you get the range of movement that you want.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, the angle of the elevator where the rudder sits is at 25º each, giving you an overall rudder throw of 50º. If you want the full 90º of throw, then just trim the elevator to match.

Derek

Thanks guys! It really is an awesome flyer and it looks good in the air!

here are a couple of pictures:

IMG_20140520_225911_317.jpgIMG_20140520_225924_158.jpg

If you want pictures of something specific, please feel free to ask. I'll gladly post the pictures.

IMG_20140520_225911_317.jpg

IMG_20140520_225924_158.jpg

Derek

Based on my setup, on my plane, the cg is actually at 50% wing chord...with my 3S 1350mah lipo.

Yes, 50% wing chord is very odd, but the plane did fly and it flew very well. This is another reason why this plane is still being listed as "beta" because we need other people to build this plane....fly it....and report back their experiences so that we can make the plane better.

I hope you took the time to see my maiden flight video.

bsuvansh

my plane is almost ready and im installing my electronics right now, saw your video,and i thought, i have to make this one, really amazing flight and plane!! thanks

Derek

Thank you, bsuvansh! I'm glad you took an interest in this plane. I hope you share some pictures and video of your plane when you are done. Good luck!!!

Derek

The plane looks good buddy! Nice job! Please keep posting pictures of your progress and video of the flight. After your maiden flight, share your thoughts with us.

:thumbsup:

Derek

Yeah...the rudder is fantastic! That's definitely something that I want to change....that and the elevator.

Top Bottom