RCH Bipe Beta 1 Now Available For Testing!!!

Derek

I love the plane stand, Gerald! Awesome!

I had a rough day, the other day, and unfortunately I took out my frustrations toward Tony and the forum. That was completely my fault. I have full intentions of keeping the fun in this hobby, this forum, and my communications with the forum staff and members.

I like the different rudder style. It's the same way on the RCH Edge 540 Profile Plane. Not sure why I didn't do that on the Bipe.

Anyway, your bipe is looking great, Gerald! I hope you have some good luck with it. I love how mine flies. I'm sure that bsuvansh is just a few mod's away from getting his leveled out and flying well.

Take care guys!!!

Tony

Staff member
Derek's bi-plane, how about The "DB-1" !

Haha, I actually like that name lmao.

that's okay, i didnt took that as a -ve attitude of yours, if i was in your place then even i have said the same... so it doesnt really matter, and thanks a lot for considering my inputs!!
im so excited about the new official changes in the plane!
so the new plans will be posted in this thread, right!!

If it's not posted in this thread, it will have a thread of it's own titled "Beta 2". But more than likely it will just be put into the first post of the thread.

So far the build is going well, The only changes I made was to the elevator, kept the thickness in the middle of it, I may still add a popsicle stick there, and on the rudder I did the horizontial cut near the top of it, I like that look! I completly cut the rudder off the fuse, I think that made it easier to glue the vertical fuse portion to the horizontial but that is just personal preferance in my building style. Now for the electronics!

On a side note, I have been reading this thread and it looks like things are getting a little, how do I put this, "Excited" Passionate", Lets keep this fun! I appricate all Tony does! BIG TY for the forum and the work to bring the plane to us! Derek, YOU DA MAN!:hdbng: with this bird and I until I see diffrent I would keep the plane as is! The beauty of this plane is if a guy doesnt like the size of a componet, cut it of and build a diffrent one! Hey it would not be that hard to design optional rudders and elevators with out a new plane design, just put them on a different pdf and call it the sport version or something like that! No matter what Derek has to get the props for the plane! And Tony, man if you another bipe get it on here! when you can! I am always looking for a new bird to build cuz I keep crashing all my other ones!:lol:

As I stated, I'm not the kind of person that just does something, then sits back and waits for the "water to boil" so to speak. It will drive me insane! I like to see action and I like to take charge. What I have to do here is sit back and wait for Derek to inform me of the changes that he wants done to the plane, then I will see about making the changes. At this time, quite honestly, I have NO IDEA what to do to the plane lmao. I have a PDF of the larger tail, but not sure I like it.

And yes, I have been thinking about doing an Ultimate Bipe just for RCH. something simple and to the point, but a plane that is a WICKED 3D MONSTER!!! I'm talking insane throws, fast as lightning rolls and pitches, and just an overall awesome 3D plane. I have ALWAYS LOVED the Ultimate Bipe and have wanted to get one on here for years. Just never sat down and did what I did on Dereks plane. And to be perfectly honest, I don't want to do it now because it could look like I'm trying to take the shine away from this plane. And I don't want to do that.

i like the stand, nice work!!

That is a very simple and bitchin' stand!!! I like that.

I love the plane stand, Gerald! Awesome!

I had a rough day, the other day, and unfortunately I took out my frustrations toward Tony and the forum. That was completely my fault. I have full intentions of keeping the fun in this hobby, this forum, and my communications with the forum staff and members.

I like the different rudder style. It's the same way on the RCH Edge 540 Profile Plane. Not sure why I didn't do that on the Bipe.

Anyway, your bipe is looking great, Gerald! I hope you have some good luck with it. I love how mine flies. I'm sure that bsuvansh is just a few mod's away from getting his leveled out and flying well.

Take care guys!!!

As I stated before, no worries. You think they created microsoft without butting heads? It's all good.

you too!! i just cat wait, and guess what its summer vacations so no time limit!!

Vacation? I have no idea of this word in which you speak...

Gerald

Holy crap you guys really like that stand! I just free hand cut that out of some left over Elmers board scraps, did not even freaking measure anything! I was just puzzled how to hold the plane while working on it and thought I need a stand!

Tony

Staff member
Most of us just lay it on the table lmao. End up folding up a wing or something hahahaha.

Derek

Yep...I built my plane by just laying it down on the work table. That stnd is an awesome idea!!! No doubt!!!

Tony...when you have time, would you make the changes to the tail section of the "Bipe"? Probably an inch longer and an inch taller....and make the rudder like the Edge 540, for sure.

Derek

WHOA!!! That is quite a bit bigger and it looks awesome! For sure! That's great!! I might have to go ahead and build it...or least get the foamboard pieces cut out and covered in packing tape.

Thanks man!!!

Tony

Staff member
Do this, print out page 10, I think that is the page that the rudder is on, and hold it up to your rudder and see. You can also cut out the rudder ONLY and use your current tail, and just tape it on to see how you like it. No, it will NOT have the Edge style to it, but you will get an idea of how it works.

bsuvansh

Vacation? I have no idea of this word in which you speak...

A vacation or holiday is a specific trip or journey, usually for the purpose of recreation or tourism. People often take a vacation during specific holiday observances, or for specific festivals or celebrations. Vacations are often spent with friends or family.

Gerald

Ok some more pictures and it is ready to maiden!

View attachment 11885
View attachment 11886
View attachment 11887
View attachment 11888
View attachment 11889
View attachment 11890
View attachment 11891
View attachment 11892
View attachment 11893
View attachment 11894
View attachment 11895

I have flow it and it is cool, maybe over my flight skill level. Had to turn it way down to 45/ 40 on my D/R but I did fly 2 battery's thru it. I have video but need to edit it, had a static camera mount so not the best video but you get to see it in the air! Will post as soon as possible, BUT my first grand son was born on Saturday so I'm preoccupied. :)

View attachment 11896

Derek

That's really a fantastic job on the plane, Gerald! Very well done!!! I'm still loving that foam board stand, lol.

I'm curious...what electronics and stuff did you go with? motor, esc, servos, prop size.

...and that's a great looking grandson!!!

Gerald

I meant to post that!
The motor is a RC timer 2212 1400 KV. I started with a 8x6 prop but dropped it down to a 8x4 slow fly, plenty of power!
I am using a HK red brick 30 Amp esc.
I am using 4 HK white servos they weigh about 10 grams vs. the 9 gram blue boxes but I am having better luck with them, arms fit better and they center properly every time.
I used .047 wire for aileron controls with laser cut control horns from FT. and .055 for the elevator and rudder. I used 3/4" control horns as wire guides. The green horns on the front wing are floss picks cut and drilled to make horns.
The all up weight 17.1 oz. with a 1000 MAH 3s and 18.4 oz. with a 1550 MAH 3s battery.
I added bbq skewers to the bottom of the fuse to protect it more on landings.
I hot glue sealed all edges and colored it black with a permanent marker.
I think I might be tail heavy yet and I got to learn how to incorporate rudder but I screw up my throttle when I try! I cant get my throttle gimbal to stay tight enough on the ORX radio. Might just get a new radio, 2 friends of mine just bought turnigy 9x units and I like the feel of them.
I like the plane and the only area of a raised eye brow is where the fuse drops down from the canopy and curves up to the tail. I think it gets thin there but I don't really see it being a weak point.
The plane is just gorges and I had it at our church to fly Sunday night after church and I lost a 1/2 hour of flight just from every body wanting to see it and asking questions about it.
She is a beauty, I am calling it the DB-1 in my radio for now until some body gives it an official name!

Derek

That all sounds real good, Gerald! I'm very happy that you are liking the plane. I also think it's great that your church members had interest in it. it's defintely an "eye catcher" when I'm out flying mine. I get passer-by's stopping and asking questions.

Keep flying and keep having fun!

I think the name "DB1" could be quite suitable.

In regard to the transmitter issues you are having...many of my Youtube buddies are using the 9xr with great success.

bsuvansh

congratulations!! i love the way u did with the control rod for the rudder, ill definitely use this in my other profile planes, superb job!!

murankar

Staff member
The 9x or 9xr Are good for park fliers and such. If you don't mind learning a lot of radio stuff go with the 9xr. It has a huge learning curve and the templates help simplify the programming.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

That was a great flight video, Gerald! I'm glad you are liking the plane as much as you do.

Top Bottom