450 project Gaui X3 begins

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Beautiful Build...looks really good!!!! You're fast! You'll do your maiden well before I do mine.....I just got the frame together last night.

murankar

Staff member
This kit from what I can tell has a lower parts count over my protos. 2 it's a 450, these things can be done in one long day for the build part. I still have some tweaking to do on the build then finish the tail.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
If anything I'll get SIM time this weekend. I have a few things to finish. Things like setup. I also have to solve my servo arm deal. I need to find my extras fir my savox.

murankar

Staff member
I am at a stand still. The build is done video shot.

I problem right now is I need new servo leads fir the cyclics. I have 3 brand new cheapo servos that have decent leads on them. So it looks like it's time to shorten my leads also.

murankar

Staff member
I got the three cyclic servos rewired and installed. Next I will need to rest the arms with new holes for the ball links.

Another challenge I have will be to get the castle safety plug working. I have it installed and plugged in but it is not working like it should.

My radio is almost ready for flight. Throttle hold needs programmed, thought it was already but I guess not. D/R and expo need set.

Esc and bec are ready to go. That was not hard. My castle link and safety key came yesterday so that made setup a lot easier.

Lastly the final set up will be done in a little while. I would like to find my other servo arms but I think I will be stuck with the old ones for now. I will let you all know how that goes once I get to that point.

murankar

Staff member
Kbdd, the same ones I had on my mini. They were the cheapest that was in stock. I wanted to try the rjx blades but they were out of stock.

murankar

Staff member
Kbdd, the same ones I had on my mini. They were the cheapest that was in stock. I wanted to try the rjx blades but they were out of stock.

murankar

Staff member
This weekend was just one issue after another.

After the cyclics were done the tail servo went out due to wires breaking. Got that fixed. Then the elevator servo started acting up. Made a video of it got it back together and things were fine. Tested the servos and discovered they needed lubed up. Still have the tail to lube.

During all of this the esc won't arm. I think this might be a controller issue.

Gold news I found my servo arms that will allow me to get the 13.5mm spacing needed fir the ball links.

As it stands the Gaui is about ready for setup. I am nor sure how long that will take.

Plus I still have video to edit, kids to play with and a wife who has nit really seen me since the build started. So it may be back shelved till next weekend, will see.

I also got the case organized then I destroyed it again. I also still have to build the spare booms.

So much to do and so little time.

murankar

Staff member
Gotta start all over. The audio track kept un-syncing with the video. The audo would be behind the video. So maybe this weekend.

murankar

Staff member
Video 2 is rendering now. Almost half way done with that part. Then it's upload time. Might be the rest of the night. I hope to start the rendering of part three tonight.

murankar

Staff member
The video of the main frames is uplaoding now. I will pre post the link in the blog. As of this posting the video has 118 minutes till being ready.

Top Bottom