450 project Gaui X3 begins

murankar

Staff member
Here is the goodness, this is all I am allowed to do till Feb 25. I will be starting a blog on this, so to follow progress I will be editing a single blog entry to keep everything together. I will have video and some stills as the build progresses. I hope the wife lets me build sooner.

ForumRunner_20140218_201930.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20140218_201930.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

I would be pulling what little hair I have left out, if I had it in front of me and cant touch!!!!!!!

I was supposed to have my 500 in May for my birthday but could not wait,

murankar

Staff member
I am going to make an attempt to start something tonight. I don't know what but I will attempt.

Slobberdog

Explain to the misses that you would like to fly the new bird for your birthday, so to do that you have to build it this week.......

murankar

Staff member
That's how I got the initial approval just so I could build it. Then the music changed when I got it. I am going to try to start tonight.

Slobberdog

Did she get fed up with all the

Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?
Can I Have it?

LOL!!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
I think Derek sealed the deal on Facebook. Thank you btw for that.

murankar

Staff member
Ok I am still making decisions on how to run my bec. I know that having a separate connector is ideal for safety but I have a safety kill switch in route for the esc. When the key is in no motor, key is out you have motor.

So with that said I made an attempt to solder the ec3 onto the esc with the bec attached. That did not fair so well since the esc wire is just about the same size as the bullet well. So my next option is to cut back some insulation on the esc and attach it a bit lower than the ec3.

To help support the joint after shrink tube I was thinking about doing a small zip tie and secure the wired pair together.

As for the build order i think I will do the entire build first place the electrics then worry about the details of soldering and cable running.

As for the batteries being shifted to the inside well that is working and not at the same time. My gensace have a snug fit in the frame which makes it difficult to strap in, actually impossible. So I have to rely on friction and Velcro on the tray and battery. I do however like the battery tray the way it is.

I think I might be able to get both the rx and gyro on the tail case. Not sure yet if that will be the final place though. I will need to have the case open in the event of damage to the boom. At the very least the rx can sit in the back of the heli on the lower frame.

Need to return to my work at work This is just some of my thoughts right now.

P.S.
Some of this text will be in the blog at the end.

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, just make a new blog post when you want to update it. No need to update the current blog. Must better to keep track of everything.

Top Bottom