450 project Gaui X3 begins

murankar

Staff member
Me too. They were cheaper than everyone else also. I didn't even see where they were located. Again thank you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
So far the Gaui is rebuilt minus the servo horns. Once they get here I will be out flying.

I now have 4 brand new batteries that just need to be charged. Blades are balanced and cog set. My only questionable repair is the skids. Will see how well they work.

Going to be nervous putting this bird in the air. I hope it all goes smooth.

murankar

Staff member
I just hope the gyro wasn't damaged.

Thank you.

SIM time again. Working on tic tics, backwards flight, autos (Gaui X7) and piro flips (half rotation per half flip) .

murankar

Staff member
The servo horns shipped yesterday, finally. Should have by Friday or Saturday.

murankar

Staff member
I ordered them last wednesday or thursday. It took a week for them to process and ship the order, unacceptable. Hey I got the horns thats all that matters.

Savoxusa respkned to my last email and said that I had to clear my cookies to see their inventories correctly. They told me that they had the same horns in stock but because of my browser I could not see them in stock, unacceptable. I should not have to mess with my browser setting just to see you inventory. Who ever thought that it was cool to prograam a cookie for such use is an ........ clown and should have been fired. Looks like if I want to keep these servos running I will need to trust the distributors instead of the USA warehouse.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Man, that sounds like a run around! Excuses for bad customer service....I'm not a programmer or internet wizard but it seems to me that with technology today it should be easy for an online store to have real time inventory reflected on their web site. Like you said, at least you got the horns!

murankar

Staff member
Good news with a twist. The horns came in yesturday was not expecting them till monday due to info put out from USPS.

The story behind USPS is "What were you thinking." My order originated in MCKINNEY, TX (Northest of Dallas) then went to Austin Texas (which is an hour south of me) and finally came to Killeen TX for final delivery. Why did USPS add that extra milage to the package when Killeen should have a huge sort facility due to Ft Hood and surrounding areas (Copperas cove, harker heights).

In the end I got what I needed and now I need to install the last bit of parts and get over my fear of another disaster. I think I will head to a field where impact will be a bit softer on kit.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
YAY!!! :boldblue:

Ugh! I hear ya man! USPS doesn't have it together. Their tracking system is less than favorable too! I have tracked packages and online the USPS site said it was picked up and at the sort facility, meanwhile, I had the package in my hand!

murankar

Staff member
Finally got back to getting the Gaui back together. Got the pitch reset for the new horns and linkage ends. Went through basically the entire setup again just to make sure everything is done. I have 1 nagging issue. I did a test spool up in the dinning room, I know not safe, just to test and make sure everything was going to hold together. As the head speed picked up I noticed a Nose right drift while in head hold mode.

I want to get airborne but right now I need to correct this drift in the tail. Any suggestions, ZYS-S gyro with ER9X TX.

Top Bottom