700 New project! Align 700N DFC

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well it's pretty much official. I just spoke to my friend Richard Sabin. He is a member if the align pilot team. My maiden flight will be the weekend of June 2. I wish that it would be next weekend but, he is going over to Taiwan in a few days to take Alan Szabo's place there. We're going to have a small fun fly on the second at out flying field. So we are going to do the final setup and fire her up then. I hope all goes well! Lol he is a heck of a pilot!

stokke

Sucks you have to wait so long, but sounds like you've got some experienced help on maiden day! Good luck Sam :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
sam why you waiting so long!!! :) Its a heli.. fire it up and rev the engine and see how it does.. tuning .. i can understand needing help. I do too sometimes.. :) but just to start it up and letting the engine rev isnt gona kill it.. Man I wana hear that thing ROAR!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I here you GABA. Rich is going to take her up and give her a work out! Should be cool! I may fire her up myself but I still don't know why the throttle throttles up so slow and shuts down fast. He said to check that I have a liner throttle curve so I'm going to go grab my tx and check.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
This one for TONY!! Nice job on the decals! I'm not sure if I'm gong to keep the AMA # yet. I should have had you make new one in wight! lol. They don't match! Here they are:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks sweet!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee

Looks awesome Sam.
Do you have to have the number on there? Doesn't look right to me. I'd take it off.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, white was the right choice on that canopy. they look great. The AMA number though, not so much.

Lee, AMA rules state that the AMA # needs to be somewhere on the aircraft if not on a piece of paper. If it ever takes off under it's own power and you can find it (ahem, Gaba...), then if someone finds it, they can call the AMA and get a name. Or, if it hits their house, car, or them, then they have the AMA number to file a claim. However, most dont' put it on their aircraft.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Btw Sam, last night I set up my first nitro bird on ikon. The jr vibe 50

And saw that the servo for throttle was going up
And down perfectly fine (and fast) with the throttle stick

But... When I clicked on governor on... It started creeping going up like you said and went down fast... It's the soft start feature it's great actually... If it wasn't there the heli would try to come up to speed too fast, and tail should whip and or cause a tip over .

So that's normal just FYI. Remember to use that governor menu throttle slider to calibrate your throttle servo's 0 and 100 percent throttle position on the carb

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Btw Sam, last night I set up my first nitro bird on ikon. The jr vibe 50

And saw that the servo for throttle was going up
And down perfectly fine (and fast) with the throttle stick

But... When I clicked on governor on... It started creeping going up like you said and went down fast... It's the soft start feature it's great actually... If it wasn't there the heli would try to come up to speed too fast, and tail should whip and or cause a tip over .

So that's normal just FYI. Remember to use that governor menu throttle slider to calibrate your throttle servo's 0 and 100 percent throttle position on the carb

I thought t had to do something with the gov! Lol. So your talking about the gov menue in the ikon. Not the tx, right?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I thought t had to do something with the gov! Lol. So your talking about the gov menue in the ikon. Not the tx, right?

Yep.. In there you have +- buttons for calibrating your throttle servo end points. Never touch the Tx travel adj menu for anything

Top Bottom