General my first trex 450 sport build

trainrider06

No i have 2 helicopters.one is a trex 450 pro this one needs a 3s for the 3500 kv.and the other heli is a trex 450 sport.this one needs a 6s for the 1800 kv .the one with with the bent shaft was the pro.these batteries that i posted are for the pro.sometimes i ask questions about my pro and sometimes my sport.I know i need a 6s for my dominator 1800 kv.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just explaining to trainrider.
Ah ok, gotcha! So you have a 450L? Aside from the sport? If so this is the one I use for the 450L....
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

trainrider06

I'll give ya some advise, take it or leave it, your heli's.
I'd stay with the 450 size batteries esc's and motors on your heli's. Your gonna end up either getting a
bunch of parts you can't use, or 2 heli's you can't fly because you've bought all these parts trying to muscle em up.
If you want a more powerful heli buy a Dominator or X3, Chase 360 KDS, or Goblin 380 or something like that.
By the time you peice part rig up this or that you'll have been able to buy a good used one somewhere. One of the reasons the heli's like the Dominators came along was because guys were doing what your doing but the 450 frame can only take so much stuff, and then your searching for canopies and hanging everything off the sides or bottom of it. You'll run into weight and balance issues then. If you just like tinkering more than flying em that's fine too, because you won't be flying much, your heli's will always be torn apart for the next big upgrade to it.
Whatever you do though, we're here to help!
Just trying to help is all, because I've seen a few guys that get into the hobby and get caught up in fiddling a lot with em then get frustrated because they are never flying em.

trainrider06

Just trying to steer the guy in the right direction, and keep someone in the hobby. It's frustrating enough fixin and learning to fly em. I like his enthusiasm though!

KLA

Agree with Rodney 100%. I have learned a lot from Rodney. He really knows what he is talking about and you would be very wise to take his advice. Like he said, your enthusiasm is great but you should fix them the way it is supposed to be done.

Rodney, if I remember right, his one heli has a Dominator 1800kv motor in it. That's what he us referring to when he says Dominator.

yak1646

I really want to get my helis in the air but i dont have any batteries for either of my helis.my trex 450 pro is RTF but still dont have a 3s.AS for my sport thats the one im souping up.i just need to setup the AR7200BX , get a battery ,And it will BE RTF. Im just selling my losi ten scte(500$) then ill buy a good BAttery for both my helis.(MAYBE pulse cuz I want a battery thet will last).

PS. I used to have a 3s but it leaked and i had to throw it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill post a video of them WHen i got them in the air. Im sure all of you will let out a long sigh,AND say FINALLY.

Smoggie

FWIW I've found that how long your batteries last is usually more to do with how you treat them than the brand. Don't get suckered in to believing that paying more automatically makes the battery better.

trainrider06

That's a great point Steve. These Pulse batteries I have I bought all of em used, except for 1 of the 2 1350's I got for my 450L. They are the only ones I've found that fit correctly and are nice and powerful. The rest of my batteries are a mix of Turnigy, Thunder Power, and Gens Ace. All of my batteries I have always are kept on storage till I plan to use them within a day or so. And I've watched and checked them and set my timers so that when my timer on my radio ticks off I am 9 times outta 10 at around 3.80's per cell. You'll get some bad ones here and there no matter the brand, but taking care of em helps a lot!

yak1646

HEY guys.Hows everybody doing.been a while since i posted .im doing fine.i wondering if someone could estimate the flight time with a 3s lipo 25c ,a 3500kv motor and 40amp esc. (casual flying/hovering)I'm not sure how to calculate it.i dont want to crash by running out of juice:()

KLA

Steve wold probably be the one to give you the most accurate number, but I would imagine it would be somewhere in the range of 3:45-4 minutes

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey yak1646, with my 450 DFC running 3S 2200 30C, 3500Kv/10T and flying a little more aggressive then casual flying, I'm getting 6:00 mins. flight time. My battery when done flying is reading 14% @ 11.3 volts. Hope that can help you out some.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey yak1646, with my 450 DFC running 3S 2200 30C, 3500Kv/10T and flying a little more aggressive then casual flying, I'm getting 6:00 mins. flight time. My battery when done flying is reading 14% @ 11.3 volts. Hope that can help you out some.

Tony will have the best answer.

trainrider06

YOu generally don't want to run your packs down too much past 3.80 per cell, surely no lower than 3.70 per cell, that will vary with flying style, pinion size and such. Ivan is staying well within the range there, and as well so because he knows he'd be buying new packs more often running them really low. He is running a 10 tooth giving him a good head speed for that fancy flying he does :)drools::biggrin1::drool::poke::cool1::yourock:), and not turning the motor like a buzz saw with a higher head speed....smart management by the way! One of the reasons you don't want to run packs down too low is you could brown out your heli, or simply be buying a lot more packs than you need to which gets pretty expensive!
So that said depending on head speed Pinion size you should get anywhere between 5-6 mins safely with just doing hovering.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
YOu generally don't want to run your packs down too much past 3.80 per cell, surely no lower than 3.70 per cell, that will vary with flying style, pinion size and such. Ivan is staying well within the range there, and as well so because he knows he'd be buying new packs more often running them really low. He is running a 10 tooth giving him a good head speed for that fancy flying he does :)drools::biggrin1::drool::poke::cool1::yourock:), and not turning the motor like a buzz saw with a higher head speed....smart management by the way! One of the reasons you don't want to run packs down too low is you could brown out your heli, or simply be buying a lot more packs than you need to which gets pretty expensive!
So that said depending on head speed Pinion size you should get anywhere between 5-6 mins safely with just doing hovering.

I guess I should bump my tooth on the motor pinion to 11T maybe 12T. I am cutting it close on the cell count 3.7/3.75 :duh: Thanks Rodney

trainrider06

I guess I should bump my tooth on the motor pinion to 11T maybe 12T. I am cutting it close on the cell count 3.7/3.75 :duh: Thanks Rodney

i'd say your good where ya are man, wouldn't change anything. Unless you really wanna go to smack town with it, going to an 11 or 12 is gonna give ya more head speed and useage....I think?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
i'd say your good where ya are man, wouldn't change anything. Unless you really wanna go to smack town with it, going to an 11 or 12 is gonna give ya more head speed and useage....I think?

Yeah, your right Rodney. Leave well enough alone.

yak1646

I think i have a prob on my trex 450 pro.i just changed the main shaft.when i spool it up a bit it wobbles alot.(would probably fall over if i didnt have my hands on the gear)then when i go faster it stops.its not my shaft cuz i just changed it.is this supposed to happen when you spool it up a little bit??

KLA

Is there any up and down movement of the shaft? Grab the head and see if you can pull up on it. If it moves up and down, then that would probably be your problem. It should not move at all. If it does move, then either the main shaft is in upside down or if there is a collar on the shaft then the collar might be upside down. If that is all ok, check to see if your main blades too tight.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your blades are straight as well. I know Keith said check how tight they are (and they shouldn't be too tight, but tight enough to hold them when you hold the helicopter sideways and fall with a slight jerk).

One thing to remember (after setting your blades correctly) is all helicopters have a resonant vibration, even full size helicopters. But it should stop by the time you hit about mid stick.

Top Bottom