General my first trex 450 sport build

yak1646

HI everybody.I just finished building my first heli.Everything went well except for one thing.The rods conecting the servos to the swash plate are not exactly vertical.I dont see how i can get them straight.Is this okay?If not how can i fix it.I added a photo.I think.Its myfirst time using this site.20160729_175310.jpg
20160729_175310.jpg

20160729_175310.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That looks like a great helicopter. Now we just need some video of it in the air.

KLA

First of all, welcome to RCHELP. Looks like you did a good job on your first build. Like Rodney said you can get a longer linkage ball set but to be honest, I really wouldn't worry about it. Unless you are gonna be smacking it around like a 3D Pro it really won't hurt if the links are not exactly vertical. As long as the rest if your set up is good, you should be ok. If you need any help with final set up, feel free to ask any questions you might have or Tony has a few videos on this site that can help you with the set up. But, overall you did a great job. Waitin for a flight video, now.

yak1646

Im using a ar7200bx.i was setting it up today.but there is one problem the rudder only moves a little to the right or left even though i set up the endpoints.also when any position i move swashplate with the right control stick it moves slowly to that position and then slowly goes back ALMOST LIKE IT BINDING.and if i move it left it binds.what is the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
The swash is completely normal. It's supposed to move back to center slowly when on the ground.

As for the tail, go into your gyro menu on your Tx, set it to channel 5 and add some gain. Right now I'm guessing you are showing "A" on the menu after it initializes.

yak1646

Thank you so much for the quick reply

- - - Updated - - -

Also my antirotation gear wobbles when i spool it up.Do i have to change it?if i spin it with my hands i can see it going up and down

- - - Updated - - -

@tony. Someone told me my rods connecting the servos to the swashplate dont have to be straight.is it okay if there not?you said they should be straight in one of your videos .

Tony

Staff member
Actually, in all of my videos I say they should be straight. The straighter you can get them, the better the geometry will be. But you can vary 5-10º if you have to and you will still get good results.

KLA

That was me that said they don't need to be exactly straight. I didn't mean they can be at a 45° angle, but they don't have to be exactly straight either. Of course you want them as strait as possible, but sometimes it is hard to get them perfect. As long as the rest of your set up is good you will be ok if the links aren't exactly perfectly straight. Just get them as straight as possible and you'll be ok.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read Tony's post and like he said, the straighter they are the better off you will be. But they can be off a little bit. But, like I said before, sometimes it's hard to get them perfect. Get as close as you can and it will be ok.

yak1646

You said in one of your vids to calibrate your pitch guage to your heli.How do i do That?Iv'e never used a pitch guage before.

yak1646

Which way do i put on the main props?In other words does the sharp side or dull side go forward when there spinning?

yak1646

Im using a 460mx dominator motor.If im not mistaken ill need a 6s lipo.Any idea were i can get one for a good price?A tleast 2000 mah.

trainrider06

Im using a 460mx dominator motor.If im not mistaken ill need a 6s lipo.Any idea were i can get one for a good price?A tleast 2000 mah.

The packs I have for my 6s 450 Dominator I don't believe will fit under a 450 canopy. I have the Pulse 1250's 45c if you go to a 6s 2200 battery that'll be huge on that heli.

yak1646

Maybe not But I could mount it under the helicopter.Theres plenty of space for atleast a 2200 mAh 6s,I think.i don't want to have to bring it to a hover and then have to recharge the battery.No fun...

trainrider06

This is the 3s 2200 mah on the left, on my 450 Pro this battery is about all I can fit under the stock canopy.
The one on the right is my 6s 1250mah battery that powers my 6s Dominator that fits inside the frame of the heli not where the 450 pro does on top. This 6s 1250 (by the way powers my Dominator nicely) would not fit under the canopy of a 450 pro. It's too thick.
Another issue you may have is the motor mount bolts not lining up, as well that motor possibly being either too wide or long.
But I think there have been some that have got it to work. So not saying it can't be done.
The 6s 1250 would handle all your power needs I would think, but that's just me. You do what you want.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Maybe not But I could mount it under the helicopter.Theres plenty of space for atleast a 2200 mAh 6s,I think.i don't want to have to bring it to a hover and then have to recharge the battery.No fun...

If you can try buying a couple of batteries. That way you can still fly while charging batteries.

Top Bottom