General my first trex 450 sport build

KLA

Hey, we're all here for the same reason, to help others and each other. Everyone just chill a bit.

yak1646

Are you sure tony,I know you are a pro, But my esc says 6s lipo in the corner,and it has a 7a BEC peak.it wont work with a 460 mx 1800 and a 6s lipo battery? Ill give you a pictalon35-product-pix2-large.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can disregard this reply. I posted it before i looked at the your other replies.I know my esc is 6s capable.I guess even pros make mistakes.Thanks for all the help.I Will keep asking if you for more help if needed.:thankyou:

talon35-product-pix2-large.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Im using a 460mx dominator motor.If im not mistaken ill need a 6s lipo.Any idea were i can get one for a good price?A tleast 2000 mah.

Youll be lucky to get anything over 1800 mah 6S under the canopy. You'll want something in the 1300-1800 mah for a 450 class (325mm blades) heli. I was confused by the lower mah in a pack as the cell count got higher. What I found out is the watt hours are changing as you go up in cell count. A 3S 2200 mah pack will have an X amount of watt hours, a 6S 2200 will have a shload more watt hours. No two batteries are created equal as you will see. Just becasue you go with a bigger pack

Pulse Ultra 4S 1800 35C pack [ 198 grams with battery tray for X3 : 26.64 watt hours ]
Pulse Ultra 3S 2250 35C pack [ 210 grams with battery tray for X3 : 24.975 watt hours ]
Gens Ace 3S 2200 25C pack [ 204 grams with battery tray for X3 : 24.42 watt hours ]

6S 1300 mah pack will net around 28.86 watt hours of flight time.
6S 1800 mah pack will net around 39.96 watt hours of flight time.
6S 2200 mah pack will net around 48.84 watt hours of flight time.

Remember you wont be using the whole battery when flying. You will use only 80% of the capacity so you wonat have the full watt hours. Just something to remember. In the end if you go 6S 2200 mah yes that pack will be heavier than a 3S 2200 mah pack. If you watt hour for watt hour then you find that going bigger doesnt always mean hevier. Size the pack for your kit first then buy it also measure your usable sapce and see what will fit physically.

I have seen 450 Pros on 6s but never a 450 Sport.
calculator provided at: Convert mAh to Watt hours

If your looking for longer flight times look at a few things. Firstly go with the pulse 3S 2250 35c packs. Get your head speed down by lowering the motor pinion. Keep your flying very basic. No flips rolls or loops; stick with figure 8s, circuits or maybe a few stall turns. This will net you around 6-7 minutes of flight time. Not sure what the optimal head speed is for your kit but I would venture to think something in the 2700-3000 rpm at the head would do the trick.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure tony,I know you are a pro, But my esc says 6s lipo in the corner,and it has a 7a BEC peak.it wont work with a 460 mx 1800 and a 6s lipo battery? Ill give you a pic

- - - Updated - - -

You can disregard this reply. I posted it before i looked at the your other replies.I know my esc is 6s capable.I guess even pros make mistakes.Thanks for all the help.I Will keep asking if you for more help if needed.:thankyou:

Yea, I thought we were talking about the Align 35a ESC for the 450's which are 3s only ESC's. Completely missed that a castle was being used.

yak1646

I wired up my 450 sport,im not really sure if ive done it right.could you tell me some guidelines i could follow.

Smoggie

The manual is about as good a guideline as there is. 'How to wire up a heli' is a hard thing to describe in words.. sorry.

Maybe if you posted some close up photos we might be able to spot any obvious problems.. Does it actually work?

Best option of all is to find a club or experienced flyer to give it a check over for you.

Last edited:

KLA

First, I would check your main shaft. It's unlikely that the main shaft would bend way at the bottom like that, plus the main drive gear didn't seem to move like the autorotation gear does, but still gotta rule out the shaft. Second, check the one way bearing and bearing hub that screws into the main gear. Most likely either the one way bearing or bearing hub is bent or both are bent, or the screws are stripped or loose. Also check that the autorotation gear didn't somehow get warped. How did the problem start? Was it a crash or what happened?

Last edited:

yak1646

Well I had a few minor crashes(meaning harsh landings were props get mangles with flybar) I then needed to change the main gear.After I changed it I noticed the problem.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there yak1646. I had an auto rotation gear wrap like that, came from the factory. Instead of going through the bull of return, Don't laugh but I took a blow dryer to it. I got most of the of the wiggle out of it. The main gears are easier. This will work til you get a new one ordered.

yak1646

I only needed to change the maingear so I used the same antirotation gear.i just unscrewed the one way bearing and put it on the new maingear..

Tony

Staff member
just about all of them wobble like that. boiling water will also work to bring it into the shape you want, but a heat gun (or hair dryer, I don't own one, I have no hair lmao) will work as well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
just about all of them wobble like that. boiling water will also work to bring it into the shape you want, but a heat gun (or hair dryer, I don't own one, I have no hair lmao) will work as well.

I don't have no hair either :bellyroll:

KLA

What kind of gears are you guys using that they are coming from the factory like that? I have 2 450's and have been thru many gear sets and I swear to God I have never had a warped gear like that. But, I also don't buy Align gears. That's why I was looking for a different problem. But I also suggested to check that the gear wasn't warped, even though I have never had it happen, I know that it is possible.

Anyways Yak, I hope you found the problem. Let us all know what you find out after you check everything. And as always, if you need any other help just ask.

yak1646

I eventually found the prob.The maingear was warped.I changed that and most of the wobble is gone(it only wobble a bit,which I assume is okay?). Another thing when I spool the heli a little bit,and look at the round thing at the top(the highest point on the heli) it wobbles .same way when I look from the front of the heli at the tracks while spooling it wobbles a bit left and right.Is this normal or not??? will it stop when I spool it up all the way?? Sorry for asking so many questions.just want everything to be perfect when I fly

KLA

That little round button at the top shouldn't move or wobble. I would still check to see if the main shaft is bent. With the gears wobbling and the button on top wobbling it seems like you have a bent main shaft.

yak1646

(Meant Main shaft) i took out my main shaft and put it on a drill and spun it.I can see it is bent .Is this a good way to tell if it is bent?

Top Bottom