General my first trex 450 sport build

trainrider06

HEy guys is 20 volts enough for the 1800 kv dominator to run with goood headspeed

- - - Updated - - -

I joined a 3s plus a 2s to make a 5s outputting 20 volts

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me i would say its enough

your more than likely gonna pig out the heli with the extra battery's to where you don't get anything of what your trying to get as far as power goes.

KLA

Plus, it really wouldn't be 20v anyway, right? A 3S battery is 11.1v, a 2S battery is 7.4v, so if you put the 2 together, 11.1 + 7.4 = 18.5v, right? Or am I just goofy and totally wrong?

Tony

Staff member
Only if you are looking at nominal voltage. If you are looking at peak voltage then you are looking at 21 volts for a 5s.

Tony

Staff member
It's weird when talking about lipo's. Some will talk nominal and some will talk max charge. Confused the hell out of me when I first got back into the hobby. I was used to 1.2v NiMh or NiCd cells lmao. And 1.2 is all we referred to them as.

Tony

Staff member
Way too much pitch. Set it to a max of 13 if you want to smack it around, but I suggest 11-12.

Tony

Staff member
You will go into the menu pictured below and you will lower (or raise if you are in the negative) the PIT setting.

dx8-swash.jpg

dx8-swash.jpg

yak1646

hey tony. I need some help setting up the head on my 450 sport dfc.I am setting up the ar7200bx using your vid but is the head the same thing???

yak1646

yeah it took me so long to get 0 degrees pitch at nuetral.I finally got it,and i was so happy.I had exactly 15 degrees + and - pitch but I setup the pitch geometry and fixed that.(All most ready to fly!!!0)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Glad you got it figured out yak1646. Good luck on your first flight, go have some fun and don't forget... :poidh: video would be better :tongue:

yak1646

Hi tony.I was setting up my ar7200bx and when i was adjusting the cyclic swahplate limit(menu L).It was binding when there was a blue light and it only stopped when I adjusted it(making the light red). Can you suggest a way to remove this bind without messing up
everything else.(adjusting servo arms is a headache.)I already got exactly 0 degrees and a level swash Plate on mid stick. I have completed all the other settings(A to N excluding L).

Top Bottom