450 MSH Protos Mini

Tony

Staff member
Love computer issues lmao. Something good / Something bad. I'm telling you, it's the way of life...

murankar

Staff member
Yeah, Ubuntu for the first time in 6 years had a major issue with me. So I went to reboot and bam, not OS to load so to speak. I figured my raid 0 got hosed so I decided to destroy the old raids and rebuilt the raid. Now Ubuntu does not want to load the boot loader to the raid. Which is odd because not 3 weeks ago It did just fine. Now it time to see if windows will load on this raid. trying to see if I am having a hardware issue.

murankar

Staff member
nope dont think it's that. I thing the hdd might be going not sure. I can get into the raid card to set the raid up with out issues.

murankar

Staff member
Well today is the day, It arrived and let me tell ya "AWESOME". Video is to come, batteries dead for everything (camera, tx and heli) but all is charging as we speak.

Tony

Staff member
Well, that was posted 5 hours ago, I'm sure it's charged now. So... Where is the video? :chuckles:

murankar

Staff member
Nope just finished step B. I wanted to start step C but it is late and I need to be up in 4 hours. I just hope my lighting was not to bad from what I saw in the screen I think it might be to dark. I hope I can correct it enough in the video editor.

murankar

Staff member
Here is my progress so far. I will be doing a recap at the end. I M so tired and screwed for tomorrow. It was worth it.

ForumRunner_20121128_000855.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000929.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000918.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000939.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000855.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000918.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000929.png

ForumRunner_20121128_000939.png

murankar

Staff member
Thank you Lee, Gaba and "Tiny". It kinda feels like an TRex 450 pro. At least the main blocks anyways.

So far the build has been straight forward. There are some things you need to pay attention to. The first being the frame sides, the left side has two extra holes in it. The second is the screw lengths. There are three lengths; the shorter ones are used the most and are used in the non-elongated holes; the middle size are used in the elongated holes along with the supplied washers and the tail support ends; the longest are used in the landing skids.

After the frames were assembled I test fit the ESC under the battery (suggested location) and its a no go for me. In the video I point out my new location.

I also figured out the pinion deal while I was test fitting the main gear. It appears that the main gear does not have the one way bearing. The one way is located in the pinion, because of this I will have to use an msh pinions. So I will need to get a smaller pinion or set up the governor. I still need to check the motor shaft size. I have yet to get that far.

I hope tonight I can work on bag c and possibly bag d which is the head. I will also check the swash with a leveler prior to the assembly.

have fun and rc. To be continued!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
The head is built. To late for pics. I will explain it tomorrow, let's just say the linkages are a pain to put together. Broke one just trying, they gave me extra.

BOKI

Hi coolgasbi; This is BOKI I was just reading your answer to munakar & I can't believe how good you really are! You sure know your stuff on these helicopters! & Thanks for all your help on my Trex450 rebuild! BOKI :lol: :twothumbsup: Also murankar you are really good yourself! Thanks for your help also!:thankyou:

murankar

Staff member
Got the tail tube, tail servo and belt pulled through the tube. I then proceeded to pack up this morning then it came, crash bang boom. Lower frame and fly bar have been sent to sick call for dead man profiles and medically discharged. I will be posting pics and the video is DOA. I could not get the video to post process the way I wanted. So now its just a mid way video blog.

Top Bottom