450 MSH Protos Mini

BOKI

Hi Murankar; It sounds like you hit the jackpot with the new"stock" 3s 2580kv motors! I usually try & see what I can find & sell on the Ottawa Radio Trader Station to cover some of the costs of RC parts! But I have charged some also & keep digging in the house to find more to sell! Your helicopter seems to be really nice! Bet it will really move out once you get it all setup! ThankYou for your comments & THE BEST BOKIE 4:33PM ILLINOIS TIME!:lol: :twothumbsup:Have to go to My Wife's Christmas party tonight she works at a bank! Talk to you again later!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
yeah, the retailer quoted $30 for the motor. He cant resell them since they came in a kit the he re-kited.

BOKI

Hi murankar; I guess $ 30 is not to bad ! I found out since I have to drive so far to Hobby Shops then half of them don't stock parts I need! So its cheaper to Shop On Line or about the same with the price of GAS! Sounds like you will be in the AIR Flying Pretty Soon! GREAT!!! Safe Flying BOKI 5:29 PM ILLINOIS TIME SATURDAY! HAVE FUN! :lol: :twothumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
I am amazed at the site Protos RC Helicopters. This guy is dedicated to his site and ensuring his customers are taken care of. I sent him an email about 1.5 hours ago to let him know that I was going to order the flybar, motor shaft and motor so that he can add the motor to my order. Not 20 minutes after that he sent me back an email saying that he will look for my invoice so he could add the motor. next thing I know I get 2 emails stating that my order is in processing. At this rate the order will be in the mail in the am.

BOKI

Hi Murankar, I just got up & turned on the computer! The guy sounds like he knows his customers are very important! His good service will make you come back if you need something else& that's great! Glad to see you are having some good luck! BOKI 2:54 AM ILLINOIS Monday THE BEST :lol: :twothumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
The seller informed me that he is dedicated to this brand. His goal is to spreed the word about it. He really trusts the brand name.

murankar

Staff member
I will have everything I need (i hope) on Thursday and possibly maiden that evening, or on the weekend. Anyone want to join me?

- - - Updated - - -

what size heli comes with a 6mm main shaft besides the Protos Mini?

BOKI

Hi murankar; Sounds like your ready to go flying! How warm is it where you are now! We had 70 degrees Monday, 62 degrees Tuesday, & low tonight upper 20 degrees high Wednesday 40 degrees ! Getting colder here now! If there is no wind though I might try flying! How cold can you fly in will it affect batteries much! ? Good Luck on Your Maiden Flight ! Hope everything goes Well! BOKI Tuesday 8:48 PM ILLINOIS TIME THE BEST SAFE FLYING :lol: :twothumbsup:

heli-maniac

glad to see you got every thing
i would say 500 heli on the main shaft i have not seen any other 450s that do but not really looking for it
i should have my new 130x on Thursday got my 550 all back together today and the 450 is ready also for the weekend if its nice out

murankar

Staff member
right now 61, we hit something like 78 today. It is hotter than normal for this time of year. Mid to upper 70s for the weekend along with partly cloudy.

murankar

Staff member
Well folks the day has come, I think I will be doing a maiden tomorrow. I just a quick half stick spool-up to check tail direction and things look good. Holy cow this thing is quiet.

Tony

Staff member
URI, when you have a quality product, it's amazing at just how quiet they are. The Align 450 was very quiet compared to the EXI's or HK's, even with Align main gears. However, the RCH Heli is NOT going to be quiet hehe.

GET VIDEO OF THE MAIDEN!!!

Or I will ban you

:admin: :chuckles: :nutkick: :poke: :werd:

murankar

Staff member
Well video is shot and getting ready for post process. I am very disappointed right now, I have a tail wag AGAIN, GOSH WHY ME WAG AGAIN. I have to see if the Align gyro tape is doing it's thing. I think I might have to add that metal plate. Very hart broken at this point I hope I can figure it out.

murankar

Staff member
I think i may have fixed the gyro. the gyro tape that align makes is a little thin, so i added 2 more pieces of 3M foam tape that came with my GA250. Did not get it in the air but I did get it light on the skids and I saw now wag. Then I went to the driveway and spooled up again and same thing no wag. So I guess tomorrow I need to get it in the air and see if I have any issues and start bumping the gain up from 52 and see where it all begins.

Once the kids are in bed I will work on the video.

murankar

Staff member
Yes, yes, yes followed by a big army hooooaaaahhhhh!

Well the extra gyro tape allowed me to kick the gain up to 57. Tail appeared to be holding, need to do more trimming or swash leveling to get this thing rock solid.

I might have to adjust my dual rates and expo. I am using the same settings from the exi and this one is still responsive, really responsive. Trying to hold a stable hover is not happening right now due to setup. However I am having a blast knowing I have a high quality kit that looks awesome.

Need to order some kbdd tail blades and some other bright pieces for it. An all black air frame is tough to see period.

Still feeling the willies when I fly it. Once I get enough flights on it my sensitivity will lessen.

Top Bottom