450 MSH Protos Mini

stokke

Got the tail tube, tail servo and belt pulled through the tube. I then proceeded to pack up this morning then it came, crash bang boom. Lower frame and fly bar have been sent to sick call for dead man profiles and medically discharged. I will be posting pics and the video is DOA. I could not get the video to post process the way I wanted. So now its just a mid way video blog.

I couldn't make any sense of this last post. Did you crash it during maiden? Do you have a blog? What? Where can I see the video?

BOKI

Hi murankar ; That is a real nice helicopter you are building! Thanks for putting all pictures on the site! BOKI 6:31PM ILLINOIS TIME THURSDAY THE BEST! Hope everything goes good in your build! :lol: :twothumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
Thank you. This has been quite the build. I will be doing a video blog on this after its built. I will be saving the setup for later.

Just in case anyone is wondering my swash links are not hooked up yet. I am waiting until I check the swash for level.

murankar

Staff member
The flybar was a casualty today when I tripped over the dog. I guess my grip on the heli wasnt as good as I though. Our new dog has not learned how to move when I come through. It was like a game of chicken and I guess I lost.

I am on a role, my second kit and my second heli that I broke before finishing it.

callsign4223

Staff member
That sucks. When I moved into the new house a month ago I didn't have a place for my planes yet and they were just sitting on the floor in my office. I was terrified that a dog or kid was gonna fall on them and rip a wing off. Got them hung in the closet now and sleeping much better at night.

Lee

Be careful with that baseball bat. You read what happened to Gaba. lol Looks great though. Look forward to seeing it in the air.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Actually its a roll of paper. It what the kids use to draw a color. It can do just as much damage. Lol.

BOKI

HI Muranakr; You put in a lot of time on that ! It looks great! Would love to see it fly BOKI 2:00AM FRIDAY ILLINOIS TIME ! :lol: :twothumbsup: THE BEST!

Last edited:

stokke

In pic 8, the tail servo is showing. It looks all scratched up - did something happen to it?

murankar

Staff member
all electrics have been transplanted. I think the scratches might be just the design on the servo body. I have been working on the setup and I have not seen a scratch.

My EXI had a bad encounter with the house, after that the wife asked me to see how much it would cost to repair. Upon further review most of the parts were out of stock. Then she gave me the ok to order this kit.

murankar

Staff member
Well I found what I think I was looking for. I was on msh-direct.com and found a replacement motor shaft for the stock motor. From what I have read the stock is a rebranded scorpion hkII-22 series motor. If that is indeed the case then I should be able to fit that shaft in my motor and then affix the msh pinions to that shaft. Will see if the wife let's me spend the needed cash for this purchase along with the other need damaged parts due to my carelessness. Looking at $40 maybe. Will see when its all said and done.

I also managed to get my setup mostly competed enough to get it in the air. I went and checked the pitch for ailerons and not sure how to go about adjusting it. I had the mains in line with the tail and nose. Still not sure if this is needed on a fly bar head.

Once I get this ready for the air I then can setup the gyro. It takes my hover flight for the gyro to calibrate itself. I guess I could set the travel limits of the tail but then it would sit again until the mods are made.

murankar

Staff member
Well I think I just found my new supplier for my protos. This guy got back in touch with me in about 15 minutes on my questions. I may be working out a deal on a new "stock" 3s 2580kv motor. I am not sure what he is going to charge at the moment, from what I gather he had upgraded a few protos mini kits to a 4s setup which leaves him with extra 3s motors that really are not for individual resale. So I hope this works out for me.

Top Bottom