450 MSH Protos Mini

murankar

Staff member
Today I decided to attempt to tach my head. The only stuff I had to secure the heli to the table with was some 550 cord (para cord). I know this stuff has a high break point and the force of the heli wont even come close to breaking this stuff. I did a piece across the front and rear of the skids, but i ran it through the center.

Now I ran the throttle to half way waited a few seconds for the head speed to ramp up, then I ran the stick to 75%. I have my phone with the app that Lee informed of running right under the front of the heli. The most scary part of this is the fact that the 550 cord has some stretch to it and even though I pulled as tight I could the heli still lifted off the table about 4 to 6 inches.

I stopped the app as soon as I could and ran it through 2 batteries while holding 75% throttle for about 15 to 20 seconds each. In the end I have an average around 3700 rpm. I think I could set the governor at around 75% and call it a day.

Right now I am HOPING to fly for real today or tomorrow. I have been working on my autos for that last 4 hours today on the sim. They are getting easier on a Synergy N9, I think I might try and move down to a 450 and see how that goes.

BOKI

muranakar; Hope you have a good flight ! The Synergy 9 is a really a fast helicopter! I tried auto's on it & I was pretty good it putting it in the ground! Watched the Curtis young blood auto's video & he made it look real easy! The BEST & SAFE FLYING!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Got some video of the stand but that's not what this is about.

While on the stand I thought I would tach the head speed. I started my tach app (thanks lee) and set it on the ground under the rotor blades. Started the motor and spooled it up to 50% then flipped to id1 then to id2.

Once the head speed stabilized I started doing some orientation training. A few times the helicopter lifted and I quickly lowered it. I started to feel more relaxed during nose in and left side in.

Now for the point of this post. After my lvc kicked in (which is set higher than 3.7 v) I flipped t hold and shut down the helicopter.

I checked my phone for the head speed and I got some pretty high numbers. My highest reading was at 3987 rpm at about 55 to 60% stick. I think I might need to govern it down.

murankar

Staff member
Did not realize my blades were not tracking till today. I was trying to set the governor and noticed some vibes so I checked for for it. I was two turns out of whack and now its dialed in.

My governor I think I have to reset. I am aiming for 90% throttle. I know the heli can handle full power the problem is I can't yet.

Over the last few flights I had increasing tail wag. I figured I would tear apart the model and check the main shaft. Still rolling true. Since my blades are tracking I am sure that is fine and my tail shaft is not wobbling. Nothing indicating issues at this point.

To night I looked over the tail and noticed that a tail blade was loose. By the time I fixed that the sun was down and had 3 batteries to charge.

My orientation training is going good. My nose in is starting to smooth out along with side in. I should be ready for the real deal shortly.

Top Bottom