450 Lee's Warp 360

Lee

Here is the second flight.
Matthias, you'll see at the end the head is very free. And as far as quite, I wouldn't say it sounds any quieter to me. I think my tail belt may be a touch on the tight side, giving me the slight humming noise. I have loosened it now and we'll see tomorrow. Weather looks great all week :D

Last edited by a moderator:

stokke

That's awesome Lee! That thing does not sound like a 450 at all - don't look like it handles like a 450 either!

Westy

LEGEND
whats that funny noise when it first spools up? .... nice flights by the way !

Watched you test your your ID 1 and 2 modes in the first vid! .... it sits nice and true!

Tony

Staff member
I'm guessing that noise is the issue with the magnets that they addressed with the new can for the motor. No harm, just sounds like crap. Lee has a thread on what they are talking about somewhere in there.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah ... you might be right, so the problem is still an issue then. I did read up on the new can and smaller and different shaped magnets so remove the resonance. Surely they would have tested some prior to leaving the factory. Seems another case of quality control gone wrong :)

Lee

Thanks Guys, I'll be heading out again in a couple of hours to fly it again.
The motor was designed to work with a specific range of ESCs YGE and Kontronic. So the timing for other ESCs is slightly out on Spool up. But as you heard after 1/4 throttle its becomes as smooth as silk. There was no quality control issue, but as many people have raised concerns on it, Compass decided to design a more universal Can to work better with more ESCs.
None of the other "issues" have shown in my heli. No CoG problem, no Belt flying off. Quality control is not the problem here. This is guys in the field relaying there wants and needs to Compass, and they are responding with upgrades to improve not fix the heli. And all for Free.
I have had 8 flights on it now and i can say this is a fantastic bird.

Lee

Boys you gotta get one of these :D You'll never fly another 450 in your life. It feels like flying my 600. Super smooth, responsive, very big in the air. My tail vibes have gone after loosening the belt.
Flew 4 batteries then flew my 600 and didn't even bat an eyelid to the difference in size. Very similar feel.
6S batteries come down cool. Although they may be damaged already, as my charger has gone crazy and is now over charging on the 6S balance port. :(
If you are in the market for a new 450 Class heli, Get this, you won't regret it.

Westy

LEGEND
Awesome .... I would get one ... but just broke the bank with my DFC FBL upgrage and charger upgrade.

Lee

I got a call from the shop i bought the charger from. They told me to send it back. Lucky i have my old trustworthy Acucell 50W from Hobby King. It will only take 1,000,000hrs to charge my 6S batteries LOL :D

Westy

LEGEND
Lol ...... I know exactly what you mean .... I am stuck with my 50w unit also. I sold my 150w 7 amp turnigy and am waiting on the Mega 400 and a 36amp 17v PSU to give it the grunt it needs.

so ... what was the total spend on the Warp? and the time to assemble and setup?

Lee

If i had the tail servo at the time i started building, and didn't take all the pictures for this thread, I would have had it built and set up in one day. The ikon took me 30mins to set up. Most of that was reading. The actual settings took 5 mins.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I got a call from the shop i bought the charger from. They told me to send it back. Lucky i have my old trustworthy Acucell 50W from Hobby King. It will only take 1,000,000hrs to charge my 6S batteries LOL :D

That's what I am gonna use to charge my 5000 mah 6s too lol :(

And add to that triton EQ which isn't any faster lol

Still researchin for a cheap gruntful charging station rig.. Anything I see isn't under 200 bucks give or take (something whic will do internal resistance measurement too) and I just don't have that lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Did i say how good this heli is already??? I can't get the grin off my face :D Another 4 flights today.

Westy

LEGEND
That's what I am gonna use to charge my 5000 mah 6s too lol :(

And add to that triton EQ which isn't any faster lol

Still researchin for a cheap gruntful charging station rig.. Anything I see isn't under 200 bucks give or take (something whic will do internal resistance measurement too) and I just don't have that lol

I am pretty sure the MEga 400 does internal Resistance checks...... and is 400Watts ..... 20 amp charge rate! $66 bucks!

- - - Updated - - -

Did i say how good this heli is already??? I can't get the grin off my face :D Another 4 flights today.

nice!!!! I am heading off in 20 mins to do some flying myself .... it has been eating at me to go and fly ... so off I tottle! LOL

Lee, SO when you say $800 all up ..... does that include the IKON gift price added in?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am pretty sure the MEga 400 does internal Resistance checks...... and is 400Watts ..... 20 amp charge rate! $66 bucks!

What supply will I use with it ? That'll be an extra purchase lol

Any 15v plus good supply isn't under 100 bucks lol :D

Stupid electrics... :D

stokke

Haha. I just sold my 50W charger - maybe that was a mistake LOL

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahha

I found a 500W full setp for 150 plus shipping ...

Dps-600pb are amazing peeee supplies and cheap... eBay 20 bucks for a 1000W setup!!

I m researching lol

Top Bottom