450 Lee's Warp 360

murankar

Staff member
I thought you would like to know that they have 3rd party parts available. I am still limited by to kbdd lynx innovations and a couple others. The down side are the limited number of parts I can use. Your warp now has almost the entire air frame, oh-well I guess I will have to just wait.

Lee

Got some more parcels today.

The YEP 45A ESC and Program board. A lot of good reports about this ESC. Its a copy of the very expensive YGE only, with the V1 software.

100_3004.jpg

My 6S 1300mah batteries. All perfectly balance voltage.

100_3005.jpg

The new IKON FBL unit with self levelling and inbuilt GOV.

100_3006.jpg

100_3007.jpg

I was i bit dubious about the white goo in the corners of the unit. But looking at the gallery photos on there website, that unit has the same stuff. I think its to open up the servo ports a little. I have sent them an email to find out the answer.

100_3008.jpg

Only the tail servo to arrive now.

Lee

Ok Lets get on with it. I have jumped parts of the build due to waiting for the tail servo to arrive.

I take a piece of sandpaper to the edges of the frame. This helps stop wires from getting damaged.
100_3014.jpg

Attached the canopy posts
100_3015.jpg

The battery tray. I pre-threaded the screw holes before mounting it to the frame. Being plastic I put a dab of CA glue on the thread.
100_3018.jpg

Elevator servo attached.
100_3016.jpg

The Belt tensioner is fixed without Threadlock at this stage, because it will need to be moved later.
100_3019.jpg

100_3020.jpg

Mounting the mainshaft bearing block. Make sure to have the flanged side of the bearing facing up on the top block and down on the bottom. Ask me how i know this DOH!!!
100_3023.jpg

100_3024.jpg

Make sure the bottom block has the servo screw hole facing forward. Again, ask me how i know this Double DOH!!!!
100_3025.jpg

When pushing screws through the frame pieces, I prefer to put the Threadlock in the screw holes rather than on the screws. This stops the TL from being wiped off onto the frame as you put the screw though.
100_3027.jpg

100_3028.jpg

Aileron Servos mounted
100_3029.jpg

Frame support and top tray done. Now for the motor.
100_3030.jpg

Motor secured into the bearing for the pinion on the belt tensioner.
100_3031.jpg

100_3032.jpg

Ok thats the left side finished.
100_3036.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The frames is complete. I must say this is a super easy build. So few parts and all more like a 500 than a 450. I can see this will be quick and easy to fix after a crash.
100_3037.jpg

Putting together the canopy mount, just as easy as everything else.
100_3038.jpg

100_3039.jpg

The canopy mount is fixed into the frame using the landing gear mounts. Don't secure them until you insert the landing gear.
100_3040.jpg

Shes got legs
100_3041.jpg

And a tail
100_3042.jpg

Ok this was the only fiddly bit of the whole build, putting the belts on the main/auto gear. But really it wasn't that hard.
100_3045.jpg

No stripped gears with this hell.
100_3046.jpg

I then installed the head. Fixed the jesus bolt through the main shaft and secured the collar.
100_3043.jpg

100_3044.jpg

Attached the canopy mounting plate to the canopy. The predrilled holes in my canopy were done by someone with a few to many vodkas in them
100_3047.jpg

100_3048.jpg

Ok, thats as far as i can go until the postman arrives with my Tail servo.

Last edited:

Lee

Its a dual belt drive. So the pinion doesn't drive the gear directly. It drives through a belt and the tail has its own belt.

Westy

LEGEND
That is "TOTALLY WICKED"

This is going to be a smooth, Quiet heli with plenty of Grunt!!!!!!

Those Blade Grip spindles and CF blade grip plates are a nice simple yet elegant idea too ..... light weight and super strong!!!!

So what is the total cost for this heli for servos, Heli Kit, IKON and Batteries? - if you dont mind me asking of course. - Totally your prerogative

Tony

Staff member
I just can't wait to see this puppy in the air. It's going to be one of the quietest birds out there. Makes me want one.

stokke

Seems every part is made as small as possible. Lee - you should post the weight of this thing with battery when you're finished.

Derek

Something that cracks me up about this heli is the size of the motor compared to the frame. The motor on my 500 sits very nicely inside and is nearly invisible. This motor on the Warp is like "POW!!!....Here I am!!!"

A YouTube friend of mine has this Warp 360. He finished the build on New Years Day and maidened it. It has a very unique sound to it...just awesome!!! Really looking forward to seeing yours done, Lee!!!

Lee

Seems every part is made as small as possible. Lee - you should post the weight of this thing with battery when you're finished.

Its actually quite chunky. Remember it a 450 size hell but with 500 size parts, which i think is the highlight of this heli. I will get a photo comparison up.

Lee

Hoorah my DS525 tail servo and DSMX Sat arrived today.
100_3059.JPG

I managed to get some bits done today and tomorrow i will get on with the Electronics.

I removed one side to put the tail servo in. Looking at the simplicity of this heli, and how easy it is to get at everything, I can see crash repairs being a simple job.
100_3071.JPG

The DS525 installed into the right side larger tail servo mounting position. The left side is for micro tail servos.
100_3069.JPG

100_3070.JPG

And the frame back together
100_3068.JPG

Went a bit overboard on the Threadlock
100_3067.JPG

Ok, I had a dilemma with the servo ball screws. The manual calls for M2 x 8. These are not long enough to accommodate the carbon supports.
100_3061.JPG

100_3063.JPG

100_3062.JPG

These are all the screws left from the bags in the kit. The ones in the foreground are the only ones the the heads fit flush inside the ball links, but they are only 6mm.
100_3072.JPG

So i went without the carbon plates and the head sticking out of the ball links.
100_3074.JPG

So tomorrow I will continue with the electronics set up.

Top Bottom