450 Lee's Warp 360

stokke

The puddle tip - I'm loving it - using it ;) Great detail pics Lee, continue the good job!

Westy

LEGEND
I Love hte Pilot ... although he needs to get on the NASA space weight loss program first LOL

Lee

The tail shaft pinion was preassembled. Another change from the original models that people had issue with.

100_2986.jpg

100_2987.jpg

I love the way they have a washer over the link to stop it from coming off.

100_2988.jpg

The second oops in the kits was the washers being two different IDs. No probs, had another.

100_2990.jpg

Tail hub assembly and blades. Plastic part are not very asthetically pleasing, but if they do the job, thats fine by me.

100_2991.jpg

100_2992.jpg

Pitch slider again, now pre assembled.

100_2993.jpg

Tail is all done.

100_2994.jpg

100_2995.jpg

Thats it for tonight. I'm off to bed.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
hell your almost done with the kit it looks like. Not much at all, kind of shocked that there are that many issues with the kit; I know it's new and all but come on really.

Tony

Staff member
Am I losing my mind or is there something similar to this posted on the forum somewhere? Namely the box and the way things are packed with the silver at the top, and the main blade grips... I know I have seen that before... Maybe it was a video I watched about this heli looking to see how it was... Man, that was a wicked case of Déjà vu ...

Lee

hell your almost done with the kit it looks like. Not much at all, kind of shocked that there are that many issues with the kit; I know it's new and all but come on really.
Matthias, The only issues i had was one washer and two screws were the wrong size. All other issues were with the first batch of kits. It show how good the company is that almost all issues were sorted very quickly, and people were given parts super quick if they had an issue. You have to remember, this is a otally new heli. No parts have been taken from other models. The Align trex 450 didn't just spring up problem free.Its had something like 9 models to perfect it. I think this is going to be a new standard for 450 size helis. The parts count is very low. Its such a simply designed model compared to a Trex. Crashing won't be such a pain to repair. I will start on the frame today but then we'll have to wait for my Electrics to arrive.

Westy

LEGEND
Speaking of low pats count ... how about the simple elegance of the Goblin!!! now that is a piece of engineering beauty.

Lee

Ok not much done today as i have to wait for the tail servo to arrive.

Mounting the two aileron servos.

100_2996.jpg

The belt tensioning system.

100_2998.jpg

Nice looking Main gear. I had to put this together, but its not hard.

100_2999.jpg

Mounting the motor.

100_3000.jpg

The kit comes with a fancy little centring device to gethe motor exactly in the middle of the mount.

100_3001.jpg

100_3002.jpg

100_3003.jpg

Thats it for tonight and the next couple of day as i'm off to my wife's mothers house for the Spanish Christmas :D

Last edited:

Lee

0261MGs I dont know how they are yet. I also have some 0253's that i had on the tails of some 450s. They were very good. Still have one but the other got smashed by a blade in a crash. I really want the MKS 92A+ but they were just out of my price range. If i sell these Savox, i may buy them now.

murankar

Staff member
I have the 1257 on the tail with my jr gyro and It is solid for my flying. My servos are all comparable to the align servos in spec.

Top Bottom