450 Lee's Warp 360

Tony

Staff member
I can't wait to see you beating the hell out of this in the air bro. I never in my live would have thought that anyone on here would be going Align, let alone Warp, Protos and all of the other high end kits. It's exciting times here at RCH!

Lee

I got this from my lovely wife for Christmas.
oscthumb.php

So everything is in the mail. Coming from the UK, HK and Ireland. Its a multi national hell for sure.

Derek

That's an awesome looking heli, Lee!!! I can't wait to see some pics and video when you get it. Love that canopy!!!

xokia

I got this from my lovely wife for Christmas.
oscthumb.php

So everything is in the mail. Coming from the UK, HK and Ireland. Its a multi national hell for sure.
I'm interested in how this works out for you. I am really interested in how well the bail out works. Please keep us updated.

Westy

LEGEND
Have they sorted the Motor Vibe Issue I have been hearing about at spool up and wind down ?

Seen a few you tube vids and threads on HF about that issue. could be a bearing issue

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My friend here has one and he told me its the belt and the tensioner hitting the frame right before the boom block. He showed me where he sanded it down and vibes were GONE! :)

Lee

As with any new model, there were teething issues. But unlike other manufacturers that just bring out a V2 model and you need to buy the parts, Compass are on it big time reading all the forums and any issues are sorted for free and details sent straight to the factory to change any problems arising.
Mine is from the second batch, were most of the initial issues have been dealt with. The motor issue i'll have to wait to find out if its fixed. There will be a piece by piece build thread. I'm taking tonnes of photos.
So far i have built the head. Only one problem was, they gave me 4 short screws instead of two short and two long for the blade grips. No problem luckily i had some spares lying around.

Westy

LEGEND
Man I am gutted /.... I got nuthin to build! :(

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...... The vids I saw had only a motor and pinion..... nothing else connected.

Lee

Ok so the build begins.
First a quick look at whats in the box.

100_2950.jpg

Not sure if i'm gonna use these servos for cyclic or not yet. If anybody feels like upgrading there 450, i may sell these and get the ones i really wanted.

100_2951.jpg

Whos this guy?

100_2952.jpg

Theres no choosing which canopy you get, but lucky for me, I got the one i wanted.

100_2954.jpg

The side frames

100_2955.jpg

The tail boom. Its very thin which is worrying people as to its durability.

100_2957.jpg

100_2958.jpg

Nice carbon blades, but i'm gonna have to add some white to make them stand out in flight.

100_2960.jpg

The rest of the bits come in a separate box.

100_2961.jpg

The motor. I'll be interested in whether they have fixed the vibration on spool up. Doesn't seem to effect performance.

100_2962.jpg

Manual comes on a nice little USB stick

100_2963.jpg

Parts bags are numbered in steps of assembly.

100_2965.jpg

Ok on to the build

Lee

First and fore most, with any build, clean the screws. They are covered in oil when new. This doesn't go well with thread lock. I use cleaning alcohol, and soak them for a few minutes before drying them on a paper towel. look at the oil on the towel.

100_2966.jpg

100_2968.jpg

100_2969.jpg

I put a drop of Threadlock on a plate and dip the screws in as i need them.

100_2970.jpg

You don't need to drown the screws in TL. Just the first three threads is fine, and will make them easier to remove when disassembling after a crash.

100_2971.jpg

Blade grips are carbon plates.

100_2967.jpg

100_2972.jpg

The main grips were already assembled and greased. You can see the grease oozing out inside the bearing.

100_2975.jpg

Sweet little Swash plate.

100_2977.jpg

100_2980.jpg

Control arms are preassembled. People were splitting the links in assembly, so it now done at the factory.

100_2981.jpg

The head assembly. No play in mine so i guess thats another thing fixed since the first batch.

100_2982.jpg

100_2983.jpg

The finished head. Notice the long blade grip screws. The screws were missing in the kit, but i had these and will cut then down.

100_2985.jpg

On to the tail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom