600 Kyosho Nexus 30 S-type-S

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
That may have done it. i did get some little flakes out of it. Yeah, I decided not to use lacqurethinner. I used paint thinner (kerosene) to clean, and cabrerator cleaner to rinse. There was only one Oring around the manifold and I was careful not to melt it. I started it up with 2 turns on the needle and backed it off a half. The manual says 1 and a 1/2. It's dark now and 10 pm I'm sure my neighbors would love me more if I got it out and tried to get it off the ground. I couldn't give it full throttle on my bench but I'll check the pitch, I know the throttle is opening wide open cause I checked it. I haven't even got to the throttle curve and pitch curve yet, pretty sure it would be close to the same as a electric. I did set up a throttle hold though (just in case). Oh yeah, I got the tracking right on the money too. One more thing, it don't have a govner and the throttle is controlled by a servo.

So, I wont know until tomorrow if it worked or not.

Thanks Tony. U da best!!!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Don't say that yet lol. It may still need some work. But man do I miss working on them.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yeeee Hawwww!!! I hovered a whole tank of fuel. I think I've got the engine tweaked out as best it is gonna get. It's like flying a rock. The gyro is a gy401 but I believe a gp280 would do better. I'm gonna take a look at the pitch and throttle curves and see what I can do with the tail response.

Wow, just the engine running by it's self gets me pumped up.. whew my hands were sweating...

Any ways, I ordered the OS .37 and I ordered a replacement ring for the engine that is on it. So, it looks like nitro has got me at least until I tear something up..lol.

Tony

Staff member
haha, glad that you got it running. If you have a temp gun, this is a perfect time to use it. I always ran my motors between 200*F-220*F. But, that was in cars, not sure what aircraft are supposed to be at.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
First and foremost, this did not hurt. I put a new ring in today and man it made a difference. The compression was good and the idle was awesome. So I fired it up and was hovering along and **BANG** things flew everywhere. Needless to say the Nexus 30 bit the dust. I'll post pictures later after it gets dark. Best I can tell one of the main blade grips came apart and I think you can get the picture from there. Can't get parts for these things and I knew that in advance. I did get to see what nitro and a .30 class heli would feel like.

So now I've got to save me pennies to get another .30 class helicopter. I need help from you guys.

What .30 class Helicopter would you buy if You were going to buy one.

Here is my specs..
#1 - It has to be Nitro./Glow Engine
#2 - it has to be .30 class.
#3 - it can't need any more than 7 channels.
#4 - Parts has to be plentiful and preferably not to expensive.
#5 - A kit without the engine.

So, there you go let me know what you find and recommend..................

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Dayum, and I thought my crashes were bad. When you do it, YOU DO IT RIGHT :lmao:

Man, the thing exploded, no blade strike or nothing. I was just hovering just purdy as you please a next thing I seen was a blade flying off into the blue yonder... lol.

Tony

Staff member
I will bet one of those plastic grips was weak. Plastic gets weaker as it heats up and cools off, but you know that.

I was looking on Tower for those, and both of them look to have plastic everything. If you are set on getting one, I would get the Thunder Tiger myself. But if I was actually going to do it, I would do a .60 size lol. And it would be Align.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Kinda shot my self in the foot on any thing other than the 30 cause I have two 30 class engines now. O.S. .32 and a O.S. .37 still in the box. I would like to stay in the Align industry but I don't think the engines will work.

Tony

Staff member
If I was going to go that big, I would go align honestly. But with that said, that heli does look good lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
A trex 600 is 800 to 1000 depending on witch one you get. Unless you get a striped down version and run your own electronics.

Top Bottom