600 Kyosho Nexus 30 S-type-S

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Well, I got my main gear today and got it installed. I'm turning this baby into a Align machine. Last night I put a set of the Align composite blade grips on the Nexus along with a RCE-B6X so I could run a 7.4 LiPo battery for the electrics. It really made a difference in the servo speed. I also put a DS620 on the rudder. Now I've got to wait on the new tail rotor and a few other odds and ends before I can put it in the air again.

Oh Yeah Tony, How did you break in your engines. Did you just run a tank or two of gas through them at idle or half throttle or what?

Tony

Staff member
I would run them as rich as I could and try to keep them at 100 or just a hair higher. Don't go above idle. And I ran 6-8 tanks this way. Then, I would lean it out a couple hours and run it slowly for a couple tanks, then lean it out some more and run it again. Keep doing this until you reach operating temp. It is overkill, but on my normal engines, they would run forever. My race engines were a different story though lol. I would port and polish them, knife edge the rod, and cut the crank for windage. Made for a very fast engine that would only last a night of racing in most cases. Hope this helps.

hi tommy i have got a nexus 30 bought it 2 weeks ago. have had some good flying with it my pitch was set at +8/ -8 mid stick was +1 adjusted fuel mix till at the bottom of engine was warm so i could hold my finger on it after flight

Top Bottom