600 Kyosho Nexus 30 S-type-S

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I got the connecting rod back in and the motor put back together. Didn't have time to do any videos tonight so may be I can get one tomorrow. The wooden blades are way out of balance. I've got to come up with a way to balance them up and see if I can get the wobble out of the heli. I know it's the blades cause it is pretty smooth with out the blades. I'll probably end up buying a new motor too cause I can't find parts for the O.S. .32 engine. The only thing I can find close is the .37 engine and at least it is still in production. Cheapest I can find is bout $154.00.

I broke the ring too so I know it wont last long. It's not going to be very quick either, while I had it running servo response was slow. I also read that I can put a 7.4 volt LiPo battery and it will speed them up a little and not burn anything.

So, we shall see. :worked_till_5am:

Tony

Staff member
One thing to remember on the bigger helis is that you have to tighten your blades down a lot more than the smaller helis. My 600 was almost locked down solid just to keep it from off trackign on spoolup. Get you a digital gram scale and check the weight. The wood blades are usually pretty good about being close from what I have heard.

And if that was mine, I would opt to get new servos, and because the motor is no longer in production, I would opt for a new motor as well. Or, you can try to get the specs for that rod, piston and sleeve and see if another will work. The case will stay good forever unless you taco the heli lol. I have seen them break before. Worth a shot to save some cash though.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yep, another money pit... :lmao: I've already made a list.
#1 - O.S. .37 Heli Engine (hopefully some of the parts will be interchangeable with the .32)
#2 - New 7.4 Lipo Receiver Battery
#3 - New CF Main Blades
#4 - New Landing Skids (Should be here today) (Got um, already mounted)
#5 - Switch to DSM from FM.

Last edited:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Sounds good Tommy. I would have thought there would be more smoke. what kind of fuel are you running, and what is the oil content? Looks like the blades are out of track just a hair, but not much. Cant' wait to see this puppy in the air.

Tony

Staff member
30% nitro? holy crap. And that is great on the oil count, the synthetic is why it's not smoking much. throw that sucker in the air man lol

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
If it isn't one thing it's another, eh? Great fun, lol! Looks great though Tommy.You must have had that thing totally bolted down to your work bench, lol! Cannot wait to see it in the air.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Ok, I got new glow plugs today and tried to put it in the air. Well I got it off the ground but that is about it. I couldn't get enough head speed to make it sing. I'm up loading a video now so it should be done in about 10 minutes. If anyone has any ideas let me know, I tried leaning it out and running it rich and it didn't seem to do much good.

New engine is looking closer.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yep, another money pit... :lmao: I've already made a list.
#1 - O.S. .37 Heli Engine (Ordered and on it's way) (hopefully some of the parts will be interchangeable with the .32)
#2 - New 7.4 Lipo Receiver Battery (Ordered and On it's way)
#3 - New CF Main Blades
#4 - New Landing Skids (Should be here today) (Got um, already mounted)
#5 - Switch to DSM from FM.

I have ordered some of the stuff I want.

Tony

Staff member
If that was my engine, I would pull the motor out of the heli, pull the carb off of it, and clean the crap out of it. Then, I would reset the needles. If I remember right, two turns out from all the way in. It sounds like it may be wanting a little more fuel.

Actually, check to make sure the motor is going wide open. I'm not much into nitro heli's, so I'm not sure how they regulate the throttle. I'm sure there has to be a setting on the idle up, but I'm not sure how to set it up. but, you need to get it to full throttle at mid stick, or 0 pitch, and it needs to hold there. I would also up the pitch to at least 10* up and down. If not a little more.

It has to be a carb issue though. Be it not opening all the way, or having a line clogged, or junk in the needle. Remember that the carb needs to be cleaner than a contact lens you put in your eye. And check everything. If we can get this motor running, then you won't have to buy the new one. Just remember, there are only 4 moving parts in that engine. Crank, Rod, Piston, and Wrist Pin. Let me know what you find.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I'm on it. I'm going to go clean it right now. I have some lacquer thinner, if that don't clean it nothing except triclorithane would do it and I don't think you can get it any more.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you know this, but don't get that on any plastic or rubber parts of the carb. I always used carb cleaner on mine. Just blew it out, scrubbed it with a brush, then blew it out again. Also, let me know how much oil there was in the crank case. Well, it would be fuel, but mostly oil.

Top Bottom