600 Kyosho Nexus 30 S-type-S

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I have decided to put the new nitro on hold and just fix the Nexus. How ever I will be putting pennies back for a future purchase and I'll do it right.

So, tonight I put the Nexus on the bench and tore it apart. I found that one blade grip is gone, tail rotor box is gone, main gear is stripped, rotor shaft assembly is gone, lost one linkage rod, tail servo is gone, tail boom is gone.
Gone means damaged beyond salvage.

So I bought the following, New Nexus blade grip set - $15.97, Nexus Tail Rotor Assembly - $49.61, Nexus Main Gear $38.68, Nexus Rotor Shaft Assembly - $32.29, Nexus Linkage Rod Set - $19.99, Align DS620 Tail Servo - $49.00, Align 600 Dampers - 7.87, HK600gt tail boom x 2 - $4.46, HK600gt carbon fiber tail support rods - $4.33, HK600gt flybar rod x 2 - $1.78, HK600 Ball Bearing set 8.9x13.9x4.9.

Cost me $225.00 + change. I know I could have bought a whole new heli off of ebay for that. Oh well, to late now.

So here's my plan. I'm going to move the tail servo to the tail boom and use tail boom clamps. I'm gonna fabricate a tail boom from the HK600 tail boom. I'm going to stiffen up the head with either the bearings or the Align dampers or both.

I like to have not found a main gear. I had to order one from the UK along with the other Nexus parts, man they convert Lbs to $$ and I think it cheats. I guess I'm going to have to make a plaster mold out of the new one so I can pour my own out of epoxy or something when I strip out this one. Or find some one with a plastic molding machine and get them to inject mold me a few out of neoprene or nylon or something strong. The Torque Tube rod/shaft is made out of really stiff wire (I need to measure the length), I'd like to make one out of hollow carbon fiber but I'll have to come up with a way to put ends on it. Both ends are similar to a align shaft. So, That is it for now, I have to wait for the post man.

If any of you have any ideas please let me know.

Tony

Staff member
The carbon rod for the tail linkage is a great idea. I have thought abotu doing this on my own helicopters. It not only doesn't flex, but makes for a more stable tail. What you need to do, is get a carbon rod that you can slip the ball ends over. You may have to drill them out, but once you do that, just superglue them on, and you are golden.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, okay. I thought you were talking about the linkage rod. You could always use aluminum rod as long as there is a support bearing in the center of the tail to support it. Just an idea.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Well.. I will as soon as the mail man delivers me something. I having to paly the waiting game. By the way I found a Raptor 30 V2 with everything but the Receiver and ubec for $250.00 with spare parts.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'll have to look when I get home fri. But I thought my 600 TT rod was made out of carbon. Hmmmm Yhere is a bearing in the middle of the rod too!

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Ho Hummmm... bits an pieces trickling in.. got the control rods and a set of dampers for a Trex 600. The dampers wont work .. to small.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I hate waiting for the postman. Now I gotta wait til tuesday.. Oh, well I cleaned her up and did a double take. I bought a whole nother one without blades and electronics. so now I'll have some crash parts or build up one and sell it. Thinkin about selling a few of my others also, need cash for the 600n .. :banana: Also, got too many radios. Thinking bout selling the T9X.

Last edited:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Your heli could be a witch broom thingi... Lol wonder of that what they do.. Ride on b(r)ooms of helis... :lol:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Photo Update

Ok here are the updated Photos.

View attachment 978View attachment 979View attachment 980View attachment 981View attachment 982

Yeah, Breeze I do think it will work. I still have to wait on other parts though. Mainly a Main gear and a main shaft.
Speaking of, can you measure the length of your 600's main shaft? I'm pretty sure the diameter is 8mm. I'm looking for a replacement Main Shaft cause the Nexus parts are scarce. The Main shafts diameter is 8mm so if I can find one that i can water cut sown to size it would be nice.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Still like a few other things before I can crank it up. You didn't read all of the previous post.
I found some 8mm X 3 foot drill rod for $16.00. I have to figure out how to drill two 3mm holes in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom