600 Kyosho Nexus 30 S-type-S

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yup, the price is good but, blades are bout $60, Servos bout $250, Engine $200, then a Governor, and a voltage regulator. after all is said and done it would be round $500.00 more dollars to et it RTF.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Notes for Tommy:

Cost of an Align 600N RTF = $1166.90 (new Free shipping) Kit KX0160NPLA, Add DS620 x 1, O.S. .50 SX-H x 1, Align Muffler kit x 1
Cost Of TT Titan X50 RTF = $1,217.75 (new includes shipping) Kit TTR4856-K11-GP, Futaba S9254 x 2, Futaba S9252 x 3, Remote Glow Adapter x 1, Starter Shaft x 1, Aling Voltage Reg x 1. Align Govenor x 1.

As you can see the price difference is about the same.
I know the quality of align and parts availability

After reading through the manual on the X50 and checking for parts availability it looks to be a tie in quality and craftsmanship. With the exception of the X50's looks are more enticing.

Rebuild the Nexus 30 - about $80.00 , Hmmm

Last edited:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Gab, yep both have the same exact engine..

Tony, Sleeve???

Breeze, I do to like the Align stuff. My Pocket starts choking every time I think of either one... lol.

When its all said and done, I'm thinking about just fabricating everything I need to get the Nexus back up. I can get a whole air frame less the tail boom for bout $85. I also measured the tail boom and it is 20mm by 600mm. The HK600 boom is 21.5 x 623.5 so I think I could make one work with a little cutting and grinding ( thanks to dremel).

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, they have ABC motors (Aluminum, Brass, Chrome) and ABN (Aluminum, Brass, Nickel). The sleeve that the piston rides in (the bore I guess you could call it, is what the difference is. Nickel is a lot softer than chrome, but chrome costs more. Now, there is another process with a metal that I can't remember. But, it's even more expensive than the chrome.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Hmmm.. I think the O.S. .32 sleeve was plain ole hardened steel. It didn't look aluminum or other. The color reminded me of a grade 5 bolt.

Tony

Staff member
I ment to add this to the last post, but forgot lol. The Aluminum is the case material that the block is made out of. The Brass is the main metal of the sleeve, and the last letter is what it's coated with. Give me a link to the motor you have, or the one that you ordered.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It looks cool. Except for the updated frame and the canopy, it looks like mine. Mine came with th yellow canopy. Plus I have the blue works.

Tony

Staff member
interesting, even on tower hobbies website, it doesn't say what the sleeve is coated with.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It looks ok. Lots of plastic parts though. Witch is fine till you crash. You see the black blade holders plastic. It dosen't have the same frame has mine. My is electric though. It may be 2 generations old I'm guessing.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It looks like a 2 bearing setup though the real old one had 3 bearings on the main shaft. Newer ones have 2 main bearings.

Top Bottom