I Quit Smoking!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
hahahahaha. I do really want to get a good VV/VW mod so that I can up the wattage on something like a 1ohm build. I already use twisted 28ga for the surface area to get the flavor and it helps a lot. I tried doing a twisted 26, and it just wasn't the same. I think it was running at about .16ohm which is lower than I want to hit all the time. I think my builds right now are hitting around .3ohm and I'm loving it. Using about two batteries a day.

I have looked at the Provari, might need to look a little harder. Or, just get another mec lmao. Love my mec's.

RandyDSok

Wait for it on the VV/VW...

As I mentioned, the Provari P3 isn't out yet but it will kick butt from the sound of it... ( look at PBusardo's preview vid about it )

Currently... The actual DNA's don't go down but to about .7 ohms ( with typical variation like any electronics... some lower but not all ). The Chinese clones are making claims of lower but in real life they are over rating them ( er.. or is it under rating, whatever ). And currently the biggy for me... is they start at too much power for standard over the counter retail atomizers to work where they are designed to work... Their low end right now is at 7w or 4v... that needs to be down to something like 4-5w and 3-3.4v for their bottom numbers. Of course their top numbers are pretty good... but their highest ratings are not always achievable with their current amp limits they actually have.

If you do get something relatively soon before those issues are addressed... don't spend too much just yet and use your mech mod for the heavy hitting for now.

Tony

Staff member
My Mec's are what I have with me at all times. I gave my Vamo V5 to the wife and put the Tobh on top of it. She is really liking that one. But she is also hitting a smaller VV (iPower I think) with a Kangar Pro V3 with a V2 coil in it. She likes that one as well.

I have no plans or means to get a VV mod any time soon. But I have been looking. But, they can't be any bigger than the Vamo and they have to be round. Just not a fan of the box mods.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, we need to knock the dust off the planes and go flying sometime. I know, neither one of us really have the time, but dammit, I want to fly!!! I'm sitting here looking at my Fliton Edge 540 and I'm about to pull the trigger on some servos, motor and ESC to get it up in the air. That would give me a few planes to fly. I think my Extra is in flying condition and I know my Edge 540 50" is in flying condition. Now the batteries for the 50" might be another story lmao.

RandyDSok

KSD has released two Vamo style high wattage devices, one 20w and one 30w. Clouper is due to release once called the T5. The only technical issue I have with them is like I mentioned the output power can't be dialed back enough... With the retail coils/atomizers you'll be stuck using at least a 2.5Ω-3.0Ω coil or you risk popping the coils left and right not to mention burning the e-juice. We need to be able to pick up any commonly sold coil and just use it without relying on a custom made coil... They do support lower Ω, claiming down to 0.5Ω... but they would need more surface area than the commercial coils provide to spread the heat out so would need hand made ones using larger gauge wire in order that the coil not pop and the e-juice not taste burnt.

Planes....

Yeah... I suspect my batteries will need either mouth to mouth or a seven gun salute with burial. Before I can even consider flying again, I need my work to pick up and provide more than just "ends barely meeting" income.... not to mention the spare time.

Man, I thought this forum was about quitting smoking? Congratulations, Tony...way to go!
Seven months and 4 days for me, thanks to Green Smoke! I smoked for 34 years and this is the only thing that's worked for me! My blood pressure is back to normal, so I don't have to take the HBP medication anymore per my doc! Wow, that didn't take long either...

You guys are certified heli and plane nuts, so it doesn't take long for y'all to get off the topic! lmao

To all the quitters...Keep up the good work!

Tony

Staff member
If you'll notice, this thread is in the off topic section of the forum. See, we don't jack everything lol.

Tony

Staff member
I am glad those fake analog's helped you. They never did anything for me. I need more flavor than that.

RandyDSok

I've got a little bit of good price news RE the Infinite Magma RDA clone and some info on another RDA clone I've recently heard good things about...

First... both of these are available at 101vape.com which also carries and has good prices on many RDA's/RBA's, Mods and other items... So low prices without the wait you'd see from vendors like FT

They are now carrying the Infinite Magma RDA clone for @ $25 with 3 color combo options ... see Magma Atomizer Clone by Infinite - 101 Vape

I picked another up at that price and as much as I like it, I couldn't pass it up.

TIP for the Magma... place a 20-22mm o-ring just below the top cap's threads on the body to help limit the condensation from leaking. It also serves to hold the air control ring so it doesn't spin easily when the cap is removed.

Now for info about another RDA clone called the Mephisto Atomizer... They don't list a manufacturer on this clone but so far the report I've seen on it... the quality is good and the person reporting it ( that I trust ) was impressed. It also has single/dual coil / air flow support. Really large 3mm holes for your coil's wires. Flat head screws to tighten down with. The drip tip hole has a delrin insulator to help keep your tip cool. It also has a domed cap to help with flavor. The person mentioned that the flavor is on par with his Atomic RDA which he claims has the best flavor he's tried ( I don't recall if he has a Magma yet or not ).

The price at 101Vapes for the Mephisto is about $15 available in 3 color combo's, which is hard to beat ... see Mephisto Atomizer Clone - 101 Vape

Tony, I can't stress how much I enjoy my Magma and I'd still highly recommend it to anyone... but after reading the glowing report on the Mephisto, the huge 3mm wire holes ( great for twisted wire coils ) and the cost... it may also be one to consider. I have one on my order already that I just placed today.

Helibaby1527.... If that cheapy stick PV works for you, great... But if you are looking for better, closer to real flavor... get back with Tony or myself... In fact, earlier today I just saw and eGo form factor VW battery that handles 5-10w output and is made by Joye ( a leader in the industry with good quality products ) that I'd recommend to anyone just starting out.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the Mephisto is a great RDA, I almost purchased that one when I got my Zenith. But, with the slotted holes, not round for the wires, and the allen heads, the Zenith won out. I have that on my Stingray and it's my hardest hitting setup. But I still wanted to try the Mephisto though. And for that price, it's hard to pass up.

As for the Magma, I think I would use that one on my Nemisis, so I would be boring and just go with the stainless version. It just wouldn't look right on my Pegasus, but if the paint was not coming off my stingray, the copper would look bitchin' on there. But, I'm fixing to strip and polish that one. Either way, that is a descent price on that guy.

Let me get my bank account up and I will have a few new mods and RDA's sitting around here. There is one, I think it's called the T1 which is a hybrid between an RTA and an RDA. It has a tank, but you have to unscrew it, let in some air bubbles, then screw it back down to drip it. But having 3-6ml just sitting there and no mess driving down the road, it would be worth it. Will be looking into this one as well. From what I hear, the flavor is not that great, but it's good enough. About on par with something like the igo-w.

RandyDSok

I do like the look of the brass and copper stuff... but I don't want to have to always polish up... not to mention that two different metals can corrode due to electrolysis

I've got a Lotus that was given to me that's both brass and stainless... it's not a favorite as far as vaping goes but even with as little as I've used it... it's likes to tarnish up.

Both of my Magma's are all stainless and the Mephisto is stainless with a black AC ring. The upside... is I do like the look of all stainless anyways :D

Tony

Staff member
I don't polish my copper that much. My Pegasus and copper tobh are tarnished to hell lol. Lookin nasty. Just found a brass Nemesis on 101 for $17. Thought about getting it to add soem accent to the nemesis.

RandyDSok

I got another Infinite Magma RDA and a Tobeco Mephisto RDA in today...

When I got home... I put a single coil/wick into each of them and filled the Mephisto up with some MVJ Drew Estate 7th Ave ( already had a Magma going with the same juice )... I'm not even close to as impressed with it as I am with the Magma. To me, the flavor is just not there or as saturated as I taste with the Magma... I probably need to recoil just in case, but it looks as if it heats up identically so I don't think it's from hot spots or lack of wicking etc.

The difference in the build materials alone is probably where I'd start. The Magma is milled out of stainless on both the base and cap.. the Mephisto is a thin walled tube on the cap and the base pretty basic ( although a large capacity ). I do like the posts and the threads on the Mephisto as well as the delrin insert for the drip tip, so those are pluses. The o-ring to hold the cap on is a 1/2 size too large making it hard to get on.. this resulted in my making a mess. I looked at my stock and couldn't find one the size I think it would need to address that. Aligning the air hole on the Magma is a no brainer... you have to pay attention with the Mephisto of course a slightly thinner o-ring would help with those issues.

The Mephisto... is going into early retirement for me.

Tony

Staff member
Almost made it 5 months. With the recent events, screw it, I'm going back to smoking. Thread closed.

Edit: No, I didn't actually smoke one. I wanted to, trust me on that.

I have killed about 20ml of fluid though since I made this post... And it's only been a few hours.

murankar

Staff member
You got plenty of stuff to make more, lol. Just increase the nicotine so you dont vap all the so quickly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Nope, going to have to sell my mods and atty's to help pay for the electric bill. So not only can I not afford to smoke, I can't even afford to vape.

RandyDSok

A few of the things I've done to help with the electric bill... The normal stuff like always turning off lights etc where I don't need them. Turn off the AC at night when I'm sleeping, then back on in the early morning before I go to work... and back off while I'm at work. I've got timers on mine, so I can have them come back on a little before I expect to be back at the house.

Usually I keep a couple of dollars over what OGE classifies as efficient for my neighborhood... this last week I'm actually about $4 below that amount and almost $75 lower than the average for the area.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I have done everything I can to lower this bill. Because of the aquarium, I can't turn my AC off. But I do keep it at about 73. Sometimes at night, I will lower it down to 70, but that is rare. As for turning it off at night, I can't do that. My room gets way too hot.

I have also reprogrammed my aquarium and added some beautiful code to it to lower the draw during peak times. I turn off my skimmer and GFO reactor, I turn the lights down to 10% rather than the usual 50-60% and I have set it to oscillate the power heads so that only one of them are on. I have also pulled out my 1200GPH main pump and put my 950GPH back in to save on power.

I also do not allow cooking at all during peak times, no washing of dishes or clothes and no TV. But with this many people in the house, it's hard to lower it anymore than it is. And it sucks.

Tony

Staff member
You know, I'm coming up on my 6 months since I quit smoking. That is a pretty long time. And over the last couple of months, I have wanted to fall back into smoking because of money troubles (sounds counter productive huh? lol), because of stress in my life and other issues. But, I have never done it one, because they are $5 a pack and each smoke is a friggin quarter. And the second and most important reason is my health. The last couple years, every cigarette I lit up, it was in teh back of my mind... "this is going to kill you, it's filling your lungs with tar, your veins and arteries with crap and it's going to kill you". And that was what led me to vaping as I'm sure you all have read in teh beginning of this thread.

But I wanted to give smoking cigarettes a try, not under stress, but under controlled conditions. I wanted to relive that taste that I loved so much. I wanted to relive that smell that I loved so much. I wanted to relive that feel of it in my hands. So last night, my brother in law was down for the night and I decided that I wanted to try one. So I asked for one of the 72's that I always smoked before quitting. I lit the thing up, took that first drag, and I will be quite honest with you, I about puked on the ground. Horrible flavor, way tighter draw than I have on my mods and the throat hit was double what I have brought myself down to on my RDA's.

Now, being a person of science, I base everything off of the fact that you can recreate your results. So after a little while, I had another one. Thinking that maybe the first one would kind of "break me in" to the smoking thing again. But nope, it was just as disgusting as it was with the first one. I mean just horrible.

After going in side, it took forever to get that taste out of my mouth. I can safely say, I highly doubt that I will ever light up another one for the rest of my life. But I had to give it one more go. I had to know what I left behind. And let me tell you, I have no regrets. Smoking is friggin nasty.

RandyDSok

Yeah... there is a big difference between the taste of tobacco... and the taste of burning cigarette tobacco.

I finally "upped my game" last night on my Magma.... I had been building using 30ga kanthal wrapped 10/9 times around a 1/16" rod giving me a nice 1.8Ω coil... I went to a 28ga wrapped 15/14 times ( to get to 1.8Ω again ) and it really increased the flavor. I started getting a bit of sputter and popping so I'm considering dropping down to something in the 1.5Ω range to see if that helps. To address it as it is... I just wrapped an extra bit of wick around the outside of the coil and down into the wells.

I've also ordered up a new higher power mod... a Kangside ( KSD ) 30w "Vamo" and two Efest 35a ( burst 20a continuous ) batteries. This will allow me to go with dual coils if I wish later without reaching the amp limit that my Vamo v2 ( 3a ) or v5 ( 4a ) have. I haven't yet found the amp limit listed for it... but I suspect it's between 5-6a based on the bitchin' I've seen reported by ignorant users trying to sub-ohm AND push it to high wattage outputs. A lot of them just don't get it that sub-ohming aim was to achieve high wattage on mods that were not adjustable... with a mod that can already go to high wattage, it isn't needed and you can retain your coil's surface area to boot.

Top Bottom