I Quit Smoking!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Well, when you say "vaporizer", so you mean the battery section, or the tank? My every day use is a Vamo V5 with a KayFun Lite on top. The KayFun is a RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer) so you will have to wind your own coils and run your own wick. I use 100% organic cotton in mine.

The vamo is perfect for me. If you want something more simplistic, look into the eMax batteries. They have variable voltage and variable wattage units. You can also just get s simple clearomozer to keep things simple. I highly suggest the Kangar Pro V2. Great atomizer.

And no nic in Oz? That sucks big time. Check with Wizard Labs here in the USA. That is who I ordered my nic from. Well, I ordered everything from them lol. Great service. And they mix your nic when you order it. So it's fresh!

Wizard Labs

RandyDSok

To make it easier to understand and find what Tony was suggesting...

Kanger ProTank v2 is the actual model name... This is a larger style pyrex tank vaporizer which has replaceable single coil heads. These fit nicely on the larger 18xxx sized battery mods and they hold about 2.5ml of e-liquid. They use a 510 type connection so should work on most any type of battery you choose. The heads are also easily rebuildable if you choose to do that at some point...

I'll also mention the Kanger Mini ProTank v2. These are slightly smaller than their big brother and hold only 1.5ml of juice and fit the smaller eGo style batteries. They have an eGo style battery connector instead of the 510 type so if the mod/battery you use is 510 only, you'd need an adapter. They share the same single coil replaceable heads as the ProTank.

The Smoktek eMax batteries are eGo styled and come in a couple of different sizes ( MAH ). They are an all in one battery ( battery, switch, electronics )... so they run a little more expensive in the long run than mod's that have actual replaceable batteries such as the VAMO that Tony mentioned after the initial investment. Most eGo style batteries are going to be about 14mm in diameter... but some of the larger capacity ones are bigger. Most of the standard eGo batteries are rated in the 650-1100mah range... the eMax's that I've seen are 900mah and 1300mah. These batteries will cost around $22-$30 USD depending on where you get them at.

The VAMO is made by several companies now... The most popular version is the v5. These use replaceable 18350 or 18650 IMR batteries. The initial investment is higher than a single eGo type... but the replacement batteries are much cheaper since you are replacing only the battery and not the complete unit. Most of these run in the $50-$55 USD range... good quality replacement batteries are going to be around $6 USD for an 18350 size and about $10 USD for an 18650

Shipping to down under will be your hardest part to address... I suspect you'll have to just email any vendor you have an interest of purchasing from to find out if they ship to OZ or not. Most of the folks I've read about that have that issue, tend to buy in as large of a shipment as possible so they can spread the additional shipping costs across more product.

Barge

Thanks Tony and Randy for the heads up, I have ordered the V2 couples pack as my girlfriend wants to try them as well, then if we decide to keep using them I'll look into it a bit more and maybe start making my own concoctions. V2 also make the new EX which is similar to the Kanger, bottles of e juice instead of screw on ready made units. I can't believe you only pay around $8.00 for a pack of smokes over there, there over $20.00 a pack here.

Tony

Staff member
vapers-be-like.jpg

Just rebuilt my dripper lmao.

I wound a 5/4 dual coil hitting .2 ohms on my Tobh. Man, this thing hits like a beast! You can only do a MAX 3 second pull or it will hot spot. I did go from a macro coil to a micro coil though. So smaller coil, smaller wick, lower ohm, higher heat, Oh yeah!!! lol.

I also found something else out today. I have been having issues with my Nemesis and the fire button. The damn thing was backing the screw out that fires the mod. Well, I decided to take it apart today after work and do a cleaning on it, adn found out there was a kick ring still in there. Just a little 5mm thick ring that kept me from getting what I wanted. I removed that chrome ring, screwed the fire button all the way down, and BAM, PERFECTION!!! Yup. Loving this thing now.

Almost regret ordering my Pegasus. Almost!!!

And speaking of my Pegasus, it has finally shipped. I can't wait to get this thing!!! I already received my Tobh Atty RDA that is copper, now I"m just waiting on my solid (SOLID!!!) copper mod to get here. I can't friggin wait!!!

vapers-be-like.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The Pegasus is HERE!!! This thing hits better than I thought it would. And with a magnetic switch instead of a spring, yeah baby!!! Loving this thing with my copper Tobh! Now, I just need a solid copper drip tip. Randy, do you happen to have a solid copper drip tip???

RandyDSok

The Pegasus is HERE!!! This thing hits better than I thought it would. And with a magnetic switch instead of a spring, yeah baby!!! Loving this thing with my copper Tobh! Now, I just need a solid copper drip tip. Randy, do you happen to have a solid copper drip tip???

No... I have some stainless... never saw a need for copper since a drip tip doesn't alter the vape... just how it looks and feels to the lips etc.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I have this monster bore drip tip that came with my Tobh that I LOVE. But, on my Pegasus, I want to keep it all copper just for the look. I"m sure I will change my mind once I start vaping it and tasting pennies in my mouth lmao. But for now, I want a bad ass big bore copper drip tip. But you are right, it changes nothing but looks. Maybe I will buy a lathe and get a solid piece of copper and make my own. That would be bitchin!!!!

RandyDSok

Tony

Staff member
That second link, although international, might just be where I have to go. They have some large bore tips that I like. Thanks for that.

Tony

Staff member
I couldn't help it. Had to start up another YouTube Channel... Might just start up another forum as well... Not sure yet.

Dirk

Great read guys. Thanks to Tony's new Vaping forum, I've also started vaping instead of smoking. It's only been two days so far but I have not had a single craving yet.

Thanks Tony, I owe you big time!!

pvolcko

I've never had the interest or desire to smoke.

For some reason this vaping thing is very appealing, though. :)

Tony

Staff member
Dirk, you don't owe me anything bro! Knowing I helped in you quitting is thanks enough! Congrats. The cravings will come and go, you just have to power through them. That's what I do. I usually end up using a LOT more juice when I get those cravings. Like today. I'm dying for one because I'm so pissed off (whole nother story lol), but I just hit my vape a little harder and I'm fine.

Paul, you can definitely do just the flavor and no nicotine. Come on over to www.tonysvapes.com and we will get something worked out. I'm still setting up that forum, so it looks like crap right now.

pvolcko

I would catch to much "stuff" from people if I started up the vaping thing after going so long without even trying smoking (basically been around moderate to heavy smokers my whole life). :) I'm gonna steer clear still, but I find it odd that this would be so appealing to me.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I think the whole not smoking thing is about to come to an end. Trying to figure out where I'm going ot get next months server money to keep this forum going and I'm not finding any answers. I don't know what happened, but this forum is now making less than a dollar a day. Yup, struggling to make a damn dollar. It's just not worth it. So unless something changes, unless people start clicking on those ads every friggin day, I will be shutting this forum down on January 1 2015 if I can stretch it out that far. I just can't afford $100 a month, every month when the forum is not bringing that in. RCH used to pay for it's self. Now, it's coming out of my pocket and with me being out of work, I can't do that anymore. Sorry everyone, but if something doesn't change, Rc-Help will be nothing more than a memory.

Slobberdog

So sorry to here that the forum is in trouble, do you get revenue for a followed link or a followed link the results in a sale.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, nothing for a link. I don't know what is going on, it makes no sense. Traffic is up on the forum, but revenue is down, WAY down. I don't know what is going on, why it's going on or how to reverse it. I don't have the money to put into advertising (if I can't pay for the server, I can't pay for the advertising...) and that is the only thing that I can think of that could wake this site up.

I guess it's true what they say, if your an ass hole, you are successful. But if your nice to people and try to actually communicate with them, then you will fail in every way.

pvolcko

Pay for advertising? You run a site that should have people paying to advertise on it. If forum traffic is up then how is revenue down? I thought you get paid for eyeballs on the banner ads and mousing over/clicking embedded link ads?

Top Bottom