I Quit Smoking!!!!!

Hey Tony, that's brilliant, well done.

I'm going to google that stuff, not sure if you can get it in UK but I'll find out. I've been smoking since I was 12 or so, I'm nearly 60 now, so that's a lifetime really.

If I can get the stuff I'll definitely give it a go..

Well done, hope you keep it up..

Tony

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you can get it over there. This stuff is all over the place. To start out with I would just get one of the cheaper batteries with a tank like I showed. They are cheap, produce great flavor and just work. Do NOT go with 36mg nicotine. It's harsh as hell. I'm hitting 18mg in my kayfun RTA and 6mg in my Tobh RBA. And they are kicking pretty good.

I'm 34 and have been smoking since I was 9. Yeah, I know lmao. And I quit smoking within a day of starting out. So I know for a FACT that it can be done. If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

Check ebay. Beware of crap though. I took a chance and it paid off. But there are scams out there.

Tony

Staff member
So in the search to save money, I have to spend money. It's kinda like "you have to spend money to make money" when going into business. I have decided to start making my own juices. So I have ordered all of the syringes that I need as well as needles. No, I'm not going to shoot this stuff up, but it's a great way to measure this stuff out lol. Along with all of those, I also ordered my Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG) as well as my nicotine. I ordered 500ml of PG, 500ml of VG and 120MG of 36mg/ml nicotine. I also ordered 10 10ml bottles with drip tips for testing.

Along with the liter of liquid, I also ordered 22 different flavors which i can make about 35 different blends, if not more. To give you an idea of how much this is going to save me, 100ml of juice costs me about $40. I can make 10 of those with the amount that I ordered, and that is a 50/50 mix, not the 60PG/40VG that they sell. This means, really thin juices like I use, I can thicken them up with the VG which is very thick.

So for less than 1/4 the price, I can make 4x the juice. And when the flavors cost only $1.50 for 8ml (in a glass vile by the way), I can make a lot of different flavors to play with. Yup, my Tobh is going to be getting a LOT of work with all of these to find that PERFECT JUICE!!!

And yes, if the juice is good, I can and will sell it to anyone that wants it. I can't wait to try this out. I know my girls at the vape shop are going to miss me every Tuesday lmao.

Will I be making videos of this? If there are enough people that want to see it, then I will. so if you post up letting me know you want to see it, then I will start making vaping videos. And this would be from one beginner to another. JUST LIKE the way RCH started. We all learn together!!!

RandyDSok

There is a ton of info about DIY on the ECF forums... probably a good place to pick up some pointers and perhaps find sources for supplies...

Number of mixed flavors you can get with 22 single flavors ... 484 possible combinations. LMAO... Of course good combo's will be much less... I'm also pretty sure that they use stronger NIC for it so they can lower their costs. NIC juice is your high cost item so just use less of it ( stronger stuff ) in the mix to reach the same strength that you are shooting for.

If a mix doesn't taste right at first... don't toss it or change it. Steeping can really change the outcome so let them sit for at least a month before tossing in the towel on a combination.

I'm not certain if you've had a juice long enought to have seen it turn darker over time or not. This is usually caused by oxidation and in most cases I've seen... makes a juice better but I've also heard of it going the other way. Some flavors get better over time... some weaker. In short, what is right for one may not be for another. Usually a natural fruit juice will lessen in flavor over time... so the steep will bring them to their peak and then the flavor will start to drop off... again it varies, so that is just in general.

I don't DIY but I do a bit of "frankenjuicing" .... mixing one flavor with another which really increases the number of juices I can have out of just a few combinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... disclaimer stuff.... for those that don't know

NIC juice can be poisonous at higher MG levels... When mixing, use nitrile or latex rubber gloves. Always keep it out of reach from children and animals just like other dangerous chemicals/drugs.

Sterilize all of your equipment and containers.... just as if you were canning fruit.

Tony

Staff member
It's all about playing around right now. There were some flavors in there that I have really wanted to try, but the vape shop doesn't carry, and there are others that I'm just looking to save a dime or two on. But you are right, the Nic is the high cost item. That is why I got the 36mg juice and not something lower. I was going to go with higher, but then with me only mixing 10ml at a time, it could get very hard to measure. If I start mixing large batches at a time of something that I really like, then I will get a higher nic and just do it that way. Again, just learning and playing. It's what I love to do.

And yes, Nicotine is a poison and should be handled carefully. Already have my gloves lol.

RandyDSok

One of the things that will likely be useful for you is finding out how many drops ( from a particular dropper since they all differ slightly ) is in a ML ... typically it's going to be around 20 drops more or less depending on the dropper and the viscosity of the liquid.

This same technique allows me to mix up a small or larger batch of a "frankenjuiced" mix and keep it a consistent flavor. In once case... I use 3 drops of a very robust flavor into 3ml of a light flavored tobacco extract just to give it a bit darker / fuller flavor.

For a NIC base.... use the dropper to fill to the 1ml mark on a graduated measure counting the drops... repeat it a time or two so you verify it... Then if say it was 20 drops per ml... you now can measure down to 1/20 of a ml with ease.

Tony

Staff member
Just rebuilt another Kanger MT3S Clearomizer with 10 wraps of 28ga Kanthal and cotton. Yup, hitting like a dream. Hitting some orange cream in it right now. 6mg nic. And it's sitting at a 1.6ohm load. Perfect for what I'm wanting.

RandyDSok

Just rebuilt another Kanger MT3S Clearomizer with 10 wraps of 28ga Kanthal and cotton. Yup, hitting like a dream. Hitting some orange cream in it right now. 6mg nic. And it's sitting at a 1.6ohm load. Perfect for what I'm wanting.

Those are good clearo's... I usually stick with the Mini Protank ( 1 or 2 ) or an Evod... simply because all of them use the same heads in each and the single coil style is easy to build... The T3 and MT3's are similar ( if not exactly ) in performance but they use a slightly different head is all. My Protanks I have also uses the same head ( as the Mini PT's and Evod ) but has a bit more airy draw and because of the capacity... is more prone to leaking.

Remember to mark the box's that the replacement heads come in ( if buying 5pk's )... otherwise it's easy to mix them up since they all tend to look very similar.

Tony

Staff member
If I can help it, I will never purchase another atomizer again. Unless I wear out the insulators. I have a few different Pyrex Aro Clearomizers and I honestly like them better than the plastic tanks. I do have a protank 3, but have put a protank 2 coil in it. The dual coil was just too much for a little tank like that. Right now it has a stock coil in it and it does great.

I'm really thinking about putting a twisted or parallel coil in one of them lmao. Just have to be careful on how many wraps I put on. Love playing with this stuff lol.

rotary174

Congratulations Tony, I just happen to know more about vaping than I do about collective pitch helicopters. I quit cigarettes one year ago this month. I get my hardware (batteries, chargers and ecigs) from Hong Kong. The e-juice I make myself and it saves a ton of money. I buy the supplies from a reputable U.S. based company at their on-line store. If you would like I will be happy to post this information for our members/visitors to peruse. I thinks these devices will save millions of lives. It certainly has changed my life and you and your wife are not only extending yours, but eliminating second hand smoke from your children and your friends. I smoked 3 packs a day for 54 years. I believe with all my heart that e-cigs are the ONLY reason I am talking to you now. One year ago, I was at the rim of death. Be advised that there are many who dispute this....however I am living proof. Later, Gary

Tony

Staff member
You are right Gary, they are much better than cigarettes. I don't buy all of my stuff from HK, but I'm sure that is where it was all made lmao. Well, maybe not my Vamo. But I'm sure my mec mod was made over there as well as my tobh and my kayfun. But, they are doing what they need to do. Thinking about getting some more.

I ordered my juice supplies from Wizard Labs. Is that where you got yours? Seems to be the best products at a good price. If I find better, I will give them a try.

Tony

Staff member
I"m about two steps from going back to teh smokes. What a horrible day that is going to drag on for about a month... One of these days, I will ACTUALLY have a day off....

rotary174

No Tony, I get the hardware from various Chinese distributers on the Mainland through a Hong Kong company called DHGate and the juice base, labware and measuring supplies, bottles etc. as well as Hangston flavoring I get from RTS Vapes. I found them cheap, reliable and very friendly. DHGate keeps the Mainland suppliers honest and has never let me down. Neither has RTS. Though initially one supplier was selling junk....I didn't really loose anything but some of their devices leaked and didn't last long. Gary

Tony

Staff member
Just received my order from Wizard Labs. Mixed up a 10ml bottle of Mint Chocolate Chip and started vaping on it with my dripper. I made an 80/20 VG/PG mix at 3% nic and this thing is AWESOME!!! The throat hit is just right, and this thing is CHUCKING the vapor!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!! 1 flavor down, 21 to go!!!

rotary174

I've never tried mint chocolate chip...but am very glad you are having such a good time with it. I did the same thing...except with cherry, vanilla, and various tobacco blends. But I became sort of bored with trying new flavors (it's not cheap either) and for a while just mixed tobacco flavors together and with vanilla and cherry. I found that I used too much flavoring and it seemed to make me cough...but cut back the PG to minimal (and the flavoring) and got that under control. I make 120 mls at a time, using very close to your formula with RY tobacco flavoring. I make an unflavored base and add 5 drops of RY to every 10 ml bottle. That way if I want a change I can do it then without having to make small batches from scratch. The flavoring is costly and you waste some every time you make a small batch. I have enough VG and PG to last about 18 more months. Anyway, hang in there Tony. later, Gary

Tony

Staff member
Yes, small batches can use up the flavorings pretty quick. I did this one with 20% flavoring, which is a little high IMO, but man it tastes great! Once I find the right ratio, then I will start mixing the 100+ml bottles. Can't wait for that!

Tony

Staff member
Trying to move away from the cinnamon flavor, but can't leave my mint flavors. The chocolate mint is now in my kayfun with some fresh organic cotton and wow, thing is hitting like a monster. Loving this taste. I am having to use 2ml of flavor per 10ml of juice, so I'm using quite a bit. Getting ready to order 80ml of flavoring though. So I will have enough for about 400ml. Oh yeah!!!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the 20% seems to be perfect for just about all flavors. Some are a little light, and some are a little strong. I just mixed up a 0 nic Strawberry-Kiwi-Nectarine bottle. adn this stuff is THICK on flavor. Might need to cut that one down by half just to keep it from being over powering. And here I was thinking about adding a drop or two of black cherry to it lmao.

Barge

G'day Tony, what vaporiser do you recommend, a few people at work have the V2, but there's that many it gets confusing. We can't buy nicotine here in Oz either, it's illegal but you can import it for personal use, go figure, so I need to find a supplier that will ship me over an order, any suggestions.

Top Bottom