I Quit Smoking!!!!!

RandyDSok

Tony... I don't know how I missed your post... I always look to see if anything new is posted in this thread... I even almost gave you a hard time about chasin' clouds ( since I think flavor is all it's really about )... but all I could come up with was something stupid about storm chasin' ... :D

You are about two weeks behind on asking that question... I gave away a ( new ) good one because it was a bottom switch instead of the side type button that I prefer. Here are links to two pretty decent mods a little more than you are looking to spend ( > $65 )... Comes from TX so it gets here in about two days...

Side button type that I've been eying... Youde UDT V16 Stainless Mechanical Low Voltage Drop [gv-YoudeUDTV16-Stainless] - $64.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Bottom button ... Youde UDT V14 Bronze 18350 & 18650 No Voltage Drop Mechanical [gv-YoudeUDTV14-Bronze] - $62.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Made by Youde... the makers of the IGO-L/W/S etc

Tony

Staff member
I prefer the bottom button for a Mec Mod. Just something about it. And when I say chasing the cloud, I mean primarily flavor. I'm running 60vg-40pg juice, so if I get a great cloud, I'm going to get great flavor. Now, I could go with a 100% VG and get a MASSIVE cloud, but I'm a flavor junkie so I can't do that lmao.

And dammit on the mod. I will look into the ones you posted. I'm hitting on the IGO-W right now and loving this thing. Just need something that will do sub-ohm so that I can run dual coil without going down to something like 32AWG which is tiny, but I can put about 15 wraps on it to raise the ohm's.

I did just try a new wick on my Genisis. I tried to do a cotton core stainless steel 500 mesh hoping that I could get more flavor. But, it doesn't wick worth a crap (the 500 sucks anyway. Need some 325) and I got a hot spot. And once you have a hot spot with cotton (LOVING cotton lol), it's toast. still playing with it.

RandyDSok

Tank-wise... look into picking up a Kayfun lite clone with air control.... I think you'll forget about the genesis types pretty quickly after that.

SS mesh... it is a clean flavor but like you I had issues with wicking and I also could taste a slight metallic flavor... not a lot but some. People differ a lot in what things they taste... so you may not taste it at all or may taste it a lot... everyone is different.

I think using micro-coils ( ie 2mm dia or less )... cotton is the smart move since it's easy to switch out the wicks when its time to clean them up. I'm still using up my silica and have no issues with it... so I haven't switched over to cotton yet.

I also forgot that Vapor Bank is having their Spring Sale... today or tomorrow is the last day and has some great deals. Most of it are clones but not all so watch what brand they say they are... Vapor Bank - Evansville, Indiana E-Cigarette Store

Tony

Staff member
I want a kayfun so friggin bad that I can taste it lmao. I have a Genisis clone (RSST) and it's getting hot spots as I mentioned. I like the idea of using the tank, but having to defy gravity is just not logical. With teh kayfun, it sits on top of the atomizer so gravity is your friend, and there is no more tipping to prime the coil lmao. I"m looking at one right now. It's $70 for the Kayfun lite with a mec mod. But I"m looking at this dripper that they have on there too. This thing is bad ass and has cooling rings (my IGO-W is getting pretty hot). And the best thing, I can take the kayfun off and use it on my Vamo V5 when I'm not home. Last thing I want to do is start running through 6 batteries a day lmao.

As for the SS, I do taste some metallic flavoring (I do torch mine, WELL lol) but it goes away after about 20 hits. Once that coil gets broke in and you get a good coating on it, it pretty much goes away. I have found that if I wind a SS coil for the Genisis, then put a slight amount of cotton at the top right where the coil is, it kills that metallic flavor. and, you get a tighter fit on the coil to the wick, so it doesn't dry out as much. But it does still dry out. I cna only hit it for about 5 seconds max before it starts to get a hot spot. Not that big of a deal, I can only hit the Vamo for 7 seconds anyway.

I have some silica, but this stuff is HUGE and I just can't get the right flavor out of it. To each his own I guess, but I think I'm stuck with cotton. I boiled quite a bit and it should last quite a while. Well, if I stop playing with coil setups that is lmao. Going to need to order 100' of Kanthal here before too long. More than likely, 28AWG.

Below is the one that I'm thinking about. That Tobh Dripper is really drawing me for hitting at home... But I know I"m going to order something with the Kayfun lite. I'm thinking it's going to be this seutp. The second link is the other one that I'm looking at. Oh the decisions lmao.

Nemesis Mechanical Mod Clone Black Stainless Kayfun Tobh Rebuildable Atomzier | eBay

Black Stingray Copper Mechanical Mod Clone Patriot Tobh Rebuildable Atomizer | eBay

If I get the second one, it WILL have the Tobh on it. Just LOVE the way that one looks.

RandyDSok

If you don't want to go through batteries... don't sub-ohm. Lower ohms uses more amps to get at your desired wattage.

I don't e-bay any longer if I can help it... I like knowing for certain which brand I'm getting because not all clones are created equal.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I know, anything under 1.5 ohm is going to suck a battery dry lol. Hence why I stated that it was for my "home use". Don't mind going through batteries when I'm home, but when I'm out, I'm hoping I can wind a 1.8 ohm coil for the kayfun.

As for ebay, I know a lot of people get burned on there, but every time I have gotten burned, I have gotten my money back from paypal or ebay if the seller decided to not cooperate. I know this setup is a clone and I'm okay with that. I know it doesn't have copper contacts or a floating pin adn again, I'm okay with that. If I want any of that, or the best there is, I will get the read deal for $250. I just want to try it for now and see if I like the copy, and if I do, I will go for the original.

pvolcko

Randy, you realize your detailed exposition above will disqualify you from the class in the inevitable class action lawsuit, right? :)

RandyDSok

Tony... I don't have an issue with clones ( as long as they state that is what they are )... just mentioning that not all are created equal, certainly good ones can be found and are around for a reasonable price.

I like using 30ga kanthal myself... it's no so thin as the 32-34 stuff but still able to get a 1.8Ω coil in about 10 wraps on a 1/16" or 2mm rod... The 28ga will get you a more saturated flavor because of the additional surface are you are vaporizing with... but as you mentioned it take more wraps to get there.

The other posts here weren't worthy of a comment since they aren't based on reality... :D

Tony

Staff member
Well we will find out if there is an issue with them. I'm hoping there is not. lol. Really looking forward to getting the kayfun. Wanted one of those for a while now.

vimy

Well we will find out if there is an issue with them. I'm hoping there is not. lol. Really looking forward to getting the kayfun. Wanted one of those for a while now.

Tony, mate. When are you going to fit a motor, receiver, 3s pack, wings, a tail and go flying with it? :p

Tony

Staff member
lmao, when I'm not dog ass tired lol. I can vape while laying in bed. It's pretty good until the vape falls out of the air and lands right back in my face. I have tried to inhale it, but it doesn't work that well lol.

Tony

Staff member
All of my stuff is sitting at the post office. Why in the HELL do they not open until 0930? Should be chucking some clouds later tonight....

murankar

Staff member
Man this is becoming your new addiction. Good luck with the mods, i hope they work out for you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

RandyDSok

Man this is becoming your new addiction. Good luck with the mods, i hope they work out for you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

It does sound like we need an intervention... lmao

We'll need to start an organisation to help those afflicted so they can address their new found addition... AAA - atomizer and accessories anonymous :D

Tony

Staff member
It does sound like we need an intervention... lmao

We'll need to start an organisation to help those afflicted so they can address their new found addition... AAA - atomizer and accessories anonymous :D

Wouldn't that be "AAAA"? :lmao:

Okay, picked up my new Nemesis today with my kayfun and my Tobh dripper and HOLY CRAP, I'm LOVING THIS!!! That Tobh will blow some mad vape clouds!!! I was running a .6 ohm dual coil in it with an MNKE battery. Still breaking the battery in and getting the coils where they should be.

I also wrapped a .6 ohm single coil on the kayfun, and holy crap, that thing hit HARD for an RTA. But this thing ROCKS!!! After playing with it, I cleaned it out and wound a 1.6 ohm coil for it and stuck it on my Vamo. This thing is perfect!!! My more carto's for me!!! If I want to run my cinnamon, then I can take the plastic tank out and put in the stainless steel one and toke it all day long. And running at only 5 watts, I can make a battery last all day and then some.

It did take a little time getting the battery setup just right with the right throw on the button. And that battery fits tight as hell in there. But man, when you get it all setup, that thing rocks!

I'm thinking about winding a dual twisted 28ga setup in that Tobh. Should net me about .3 ohms. Then it should be chucking some serious vape.

As for all of you saying that this is becoming a new hobby, you are right. And I think by having run with it, it's keeping me off the smokes. Because here lately, I have REALLY wanted one with all of the crap that is going on. But being able to sit down and wind a new coil, taste a new flavor, or do what I just did and get a completely new setup gives me something to do that takes my mind off of all of the crap that is going on right now.

And this setup looks SICK!!!! Damn I'm loving how everything just flows.

RandyDSok

Ok... here are a few juices to try

GoodeJuice's Analog - Analog Tobacco eJuice [ANLGTBCELIQ] - $5.99 :

GeJ for short... They have several good NET's for reasonable rates... all of them listed here Naturally Extracted Tobacco ejuice | NET eliquid

They also have their own Lab made juices ( ie synthetics and artificials similar to what you've had already ) as well as other juice brands and hardware stuff as well. They ship fast.

Instead of recommending a second one ( which I have in mind but at this time it isn't good to order from him yet )... I'm going to give you a link to an ECF forum thread here Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Look at any of the A-Tier vendors. Most will be extracted from pipe or cigar blends and some have added flavors to enhance them. Read their descriptions closely so you know you are getting a NET ( naturally extracted tobacco ) because several also carry synths and artificial ones also... Ahlusion's aromatic line is just awesome and full of flavor, in fact Blue Grass Burley will likely grow hair on your chest and slap you in the face... but its great, just a very full flavored burley. Mountain Oak Vapor's Tennesse Gold NET line has some great ones in it. Heather's Heavenly Vapes is also really good but more on the sweet side... look for their tobacco's that are listed as part of their Purity line... Serendipity and Legends are two favorites of many people with one having a hint of cherry and one coffee but really don't have either in them and are extracted from the same tobacco with one being soaked longer is all. House of Liquid is in Europe... may want to wait on them, shipping is high. Naturally Extracted Tobacco.net is awesome but don't order yet unless you can stand waiting for a couple of months ( long story about a lot of hardship ( divorce, computer melt down and long hospital stay all starting in Jan till present ) and still behind trying to catch up to the orders... still great juice ).

Types to stay away from for now... because they are acquired tastes and not everyone acquires them... Latakia, often seen in English pipe blends and known for a strong smokey flavor. Perique is a Louisiana born type that is fermented ... it's musky and often referred to as "funky" ( in a good way ) in a much similar way as certain mushrooms ( direction not flavor ). I can't stand Latakia but I also don't taste what everyone else does with it, so I'm weird on that one. Perique I do really like and it adds interest to many blends... but still odd enough it should not be tried out first.

I suspect the first one I mentioned will help scratch an itch without you needing to light up... N-E-T.com's Big Spirit is my own favorite but as I mentioned the lead time is currently outrageous so I don't recommend him yet until that issue is addressed properly.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for that Randy, but I think I want to stay away from the tobacco flavors. Right now I'm hitting Double Chocolate in both my dripper and my RTA. The RTA needs a lower ohm coil because the flavor is just not there. But the flavor from my dripper is spot on. I will be trying other flavors soon. But just really don't want to go back to the tobacco flavors.

Top Bottom