I Quit Smoking!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Just rewicked the Magma for the first time after 2 weeks of straight use. Have not even taken it apart in that time. But the flavor was starting to go down. And I found out why.

When I pulled the cotton out of the wells and tried to pull it through, there was NO COTTON in the coil. Carbon gunk was the only thing holding the cotton to the coil and allowing the juice to wick to the coil. There was so much gunk on that coil that my usual way of cleaning wouldn't work. I had to scrape the coils clean and dry burn the living hell out of them. Now that they are clean with new Japanese cotton, the flavor is back where it was. I think I need to make it a habit of doing this every week.

I will try to do a video on what I think of this setup here soon. Just need to find the time.

RandyDSok

Wow... that's a long time on one setup of wick/coil...

I had been hoping to hear you got your box mod in finally... I guess there was a shipping delay considering how often I hear about those. Hopefully it will get to you soon

Tony

Staff member
Actually it was a manufacturing delay. From what I can understand, they dont' have all of the parts to make the mods. I was really hoping that it would be here by now as well. But they are saying around mid Oct now.

And yeah, I went a little long on that build. But the thing was still hitting pretty good. I never would have thought that it had burnt through the cotton like it had. I was amazed when I tore it down. I have now switched my Tobh onto the Paragon to give it a go this weekend. But, Just from the looks standpoint, I think the Magma will be going back on. I do also think the Tobh is giving off a slight bit more flavor still. And yes, I just put a fresh wick in that one as well. What I like about the magma though is there are no O rings. And other than it dripping out of the holes when you fill it, everything about it is great. I might just need to use a needle tip bottle instead of this glass dropper that I have been using.

I will have more in my Blog that is uploading now. Once it's done, I will post it up.

Tony

Staff member
My opinion on the magma. It's the worst RD I own. Flavor is better with the tobh. When you fill the magma with a dropper, it leaks all over the place. I ordered a new RD today and this one is going in the trash.

RandyDSok

If you add the o-ring to the Magma where I mentioned... it should take care of any leaks due to condensation which is all I saw on my Infinite branded clone. I also remove the cap to fill... I don't drip through the tip. All of this may be for naught if you got a Tobeco which are known for sloppy threading and poor QC.

As to the vape... I suspect you are trying too low of an ohms based on your previous posts.... everyone using these are vaping at 1Ω or more ( dual or single coils ) using standard kanthal coils and I'm running mine higher to conserve on battery since I'm using a regulated mod. If you set it up properly, it should taste slightly better ( not a lot ) than the Kayfun.

Tony

Staff member
It's not the condensation that's the issue. When you drip this RDA, the fluid hits the coils and gravity drops it right down the hole. This is straight fluid, not water. I have never had a leak when vaping on it. We will see what the new RDA has. It's supposed to be guaranteed not to leak.

Tony

Staff member
I have found that if you keep the blank side "the side without any holes" down when you fill it, and hold it at an angle, it's better. But it still leaks. Talk about an issue when you are driving down the road and you are reduced to one hand lmao.

My IPV3 & Veritas will both ship out tomorrow. So I should have both of them by the end of the week. Hoping this is the setup. If it's not, then I'm going to try some others like the Plume Veil, 454 Big Block and a couple others that I have found.

However, I will admit, the enormous stress in my life, being lied to by family that owes me over $1600 and lies about giving me money and in turn, I had to finally kick them out of my house, plus my job which I hate in it's entirety, my home life of not being able to see my wife and kids, I have started smoking again. I can't help it. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get ahead. I help someone out, I get screwed, I give an inch, they take a mile, I just can't win and I can't take it anymore.

RandyDSok

Sorry to hear about the family issues... those always suck...

About the Magma... don't toss it... use it at home when your there ( which I understand isn't as often now )... then try several builds to find what you prefer... A large number of folks are only building them around 1.0Ω ... so that should give you a starting place... I'm also hearing they find little difference in flavor when using single vs dual coils, so that's another minor stress area you can cut back on

I only use my Magma at the house myself but I'm looking at another tank for out and about... I'm getting a little tired with refilling the ~1.5ml Mini Protank's that I can rebuild... I've heard a lot about the new Kanger Aerotank Mega is almost as tasty as a Kayfun... so I've got one on order.

Tony

Staff member
I have two kayfun's that I'm going to play with on the ipv3. A 22 mm and a 29mm. I just can't seem to get the taste right on them.

RandyDSok

I have two kayfun's that I'm going to play with on the ipv3. A 22 mm and a 29mm. I just can't seem to get the taste right on them.

I think most people are shooting for around a 1.5Ω coil on that one... I haven't used mine in a while...

I want a tank that tastes as good as the Kayfun but doesn't require you to empty it in order to change/clean the coils. It tastes great to me, so that isn't an issue... it's the NET's that I vape that gunk a coil so quickly that make it a hassle... I'd need to redo or dry burn the coil at least by the time I finish a tank if not before

Tony

Staff member
Got the IPV3 today. No touch button, no charger, but the unit works. Well, the pad for the touch sensor is there, but nothing behind it. False advertising. Not too happy.

RandyDSok

I remembered reading that lower powered version had the touch sensor switch and the higher power one didn't... but more than that, and what the page you ordered from showed... may or may not have mentioned that part.

Tony

Staff member
It mentioned a touch sensor. Hope like hell my Veritas comes in tomorrow. Tracking shows no update. My mod made it from Wa. to here in a day (shipped Tues arrived Wed), not sure what is taking this one so damn long. Getting really tired of the leaking.

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty ashamed to admit this, but I started smoking again. From no one else around me quitting to all of the stress that I'm sure you all know about, it got to me and I went back to smoking. To say times are hard is like saying water is wet, it's just the way it is right now. But I know with the help of friends and family, I will pull through.

I am still hitting the vape though. I was a pack and a half a day smoker, and now I'm only at about a half pack a day. There is just something about grabbing one that calms me down like a vape can't do. And quite honestly, that is what I need. It's just too bad that it didn't happen sooner.

The Magma is still my go to, but it's still leaking like crazy. The Paragon mod is also my go to, but I have wore the clear off the copper and it turns my finger green as much as I hit that button.

The Veritas is my go to at night since it only has one air hole and it's easier to fill. I have that sitting on top of the IPV3 which even though it's a 150w device, I only hit it at about 25w with a .5 ohm build. And speaking of the build, it's a bitch to wind coils in that veritas. lol.

So I'm still vaping, but I'm also smoking again. I can go without smoking, but once the wife or family lights up, I get that urge to have one. I just placed an order for more flavors and received it yesterday, and I'm trying to find the wife her flavor. From Custard, to lemon-lime, I'm trying anything to get her to quit. I just don't think she wants to. But I'm trying.

So is there anyone out there that is having the same struggle? I would like to hear your story.

RandyDSok

I never have come up with the exact stuff needed to completely stop smoking cigs myself... but of the many people I have got started with vaping, only 3 others that I know of still smoke them. I have however, cut my smoking down, so that is something in itself. I've also seen a considerable cost savings due to that which allows me to redirect funds formally used for buying cigs... to getting the juice/equipment to help aid me in smoking even less.

I have a thought ( for it to be a theory, it'd require a study I'm unwilling to do :) ) that if a smoker is mostly trying to get a fix for their nicotine habit only... they will more than likely succeed unlike those like myself where the habit is much more than just getting nicotine. In fact, I find that when I'm in situations such as visiting family ( that don't smoke ), I really don't find I have much of a craving at all to speak of. So my own habit isn't about the nic... it's everything else that draws me to smoking.

I might suggest that for your wife... ask her to actually pay attention to what it is that she is liking about it as she is smoking. Is it the tobacco flavor, the thickness of the smoke, the thoat hit/feel, how it feels going into her lungs and those types of things. For me, it is about all of those.

Flavor... I do like the other non-tobacco flavors but they don't provide any real satisfaction or substitute for the flavor of tobacco. Of the tobacco's I've had... the synthetic flavors ( which is what most carry ) don't cut it or even taste properly... it takes a naturally extracted tobacco to bring any real satisfaction for me. The absolute best most accurate ciggy tobacco ( minus the burning taste ) I have found is available from NET.com... aka www.Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com, e-liquids for electronic cigarettes ... it's the Big Spirit which is extracted from American Spirit tobacco. They also carry a couple of Nat Sherman extracted versions ( the NS ones ) as well as some french style customs hybrids. There area also pipe and cigar extracts as well that are really nice and get great reviews. Their available payment options differ from many online vendors at this time... but they aren't much of a hassle and the products are well worth it.

Getting the right nic value can also make quite a difference... I'm vaping 5-6mg and find that plenty but not for the nic, but instead it's about getting the proper throat hit and also the flavor comes across better. I also keep hearing that if you are making clouds... you can drop your nic even further. A light cig will have between 6mg to 11mg nic typically... a regular ciggy will be 12mg to 18mg... heavy ( ie Pall Mall etc ) smokers may want/need a 24mg.... oh and ultra lights are probably in the 3-6mg range.

Vapor thickness and feel really plays a big role for me. With a cigarette, the thickness isn't much of a factor... but when vaping I find I need it to be thicker/fuller and I'm vaping 70VG/30PG almost exclusively. Others may find the flavor and throat hit drops too much with the heavier VG liquids... if so then a higher PG value may be in order.

The mod will also make a difference. Some like the simplicity and size of an eGo style but I find them limiting the power I want too much. If going with an eGo type... do get the VV version so she can crank up/down the power to her own liking. I personally don't care for the PWM regulated mods much anymore since they tend to make the vape harsher... if going with a regulated mod, spend a little more and get something with the DNA style chips in it ( either the original Evolve's or the China knock offs ). If the PWM doesn't bother you or you just need a more cost effective one... a lot of folks are liking the iSticks and they are certainly inexpensive. I certainly don't recommend the ciggy style stick mods since they don't have enough power ( but are handy for out and about )... or a mech mod for any newbie. In fact... I see a lot of mech mod users now switching to the DNA style mods since they now have more power than they needed in a mech available and have the flexibility that mechs have never had.

Tony

Staff member
I will say this, I do like how my IPV3 can be adjusted. I started out at about 35w and have dropped down to about 24 now. The flavor is still there, but it's a cooler vape. More flavor since it's not being over powered.

I do have her the Vamo. She doesn't like a warm vape at all, and 15w is more than enough for her. I just wind her about a 1.5 ohm coil and she is happy. But she just doesn't kill the need for a smoke. I'm still working on it with her. Getting ready to mix up some strawberry custard for her to try out.

I may have to break down and get some of the NET's just to try out. Maybe that will do it for her. I doubt it, but with what I'm spending on flavors now, it's worth a shot if it gets her close to what she wants.

It's definitely a struggle right now, that's for sure. Today, if it can go wrong, it has gone wrong. Simply a nightmare day. Trying to come up with a way to get to work for the next 20 or so days until I can get my tag for my truck. Sometimes life hands you lemons and you are too broke to buy sugar lol.

RandyDSok

Speaking of DNA mod's... I picked up a new one. The Vaporshark DNA 30

vapersharkdna.jpg

That is shown with an Aerotank Mega on it ( which is slightly too large btw ). I just got in a black Infiniti Kayfun Light Plus v2 which I setup in nano mode. The nano mode works really well with the NET eliquids since they gunk a coil quickly and the size/weight is also a better fit on the VS.

Their rDNA version also comes with the new Evolve 40w chip in it and has a lot of good reviews starting to come out. The DNA I got only has a built in 1300mah lipo battery which some may find limiting... the rDNA is only slightly larger and uses 18650 replaceable batteries. Vaporshark's website will have a 20% off everything sale on Cyber Monday using the code CYBERMONDAY .... That will bring the DNA I got down just below $100 and the rDNA 40 to just over $150

trainrider06

I am a Vap/smoker......I was about 2 packs a day, the only time I still smoke a :):):) is when I am tinkering out in the garage....LOL
I used to do most of my smoking at work, now funny thing I don't even think of a cigarette at work...I vape. My problem is I LIKE to smoke....if I could smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day
Thats what I'd do....well thats what I do right now, only I vape the rest of the time.
My go to Vape is the Vamo V5, AGA T-2 or mostly the T-3 tank using 400 screen wrapped 3 times with 32Gauge wire. I use Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions out of California.
I like the screen because I can vape it for about a week....pull it out rinse it off, take the torch to it to get rid of the water...pop it back in without even removing juice, use it another week before rolling another.

RandyDSok

Until this year... I'd used the Vamo's almost exclusively ( a V2 and V5 ) and have switched to the DNA and CDNA ( China DNA ) mod's since. I didn't really need more power but it's been nice getting off of the PWM output which makes the vape a little harsher.

I did try using SS mesh for a little while... I'm a little sensitive to metal taste and the mesh has more of that than just the kanthal alone so I use either silica wick or cotton ( Japanese )... I wrap either micro or macro coils ( loops touching compressed ) and it's really easy to just swap wick.... ie remove old wick, dry burn and insert new wick. Lately, I'm vaping using my latest Kayfun Lite + v2 in nano mode that I just got ( I'll add a pic below ), the Aerotank v2 ( as pictured in previous post ) and Kanger Mini Protank's ( v1 and v2's ) which I rebuild also.

Tony ( and others in the OKC area ).... we've got a good resource for bottles, PG, VG and NIC base here in OKC that I was unaware of... HeartlandVapes Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale just off of I-35 on Grand Blvd. They also carry flavorings and various other DIY supplies but do appear to be more wholesale oriented .... Still worth checking them out.

My Vapershark DNA 30 sporting the KFL+ v2 in nano mode...

VS_Kayfun_sm.jpg

Top Bottom