I Quit Smoking!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
That was a big ass coil that he wrapped in that video.

I'm pretty picky about my coils, and mostly do 28g twisted coils. And I like them wrapped tight. I love that first item, but think the second would create too loose of a coil for me. But great items for those that are just starting out.

RandyDSok

I'm not sure what you mean by loose... the coil was the same diam as the rod and the coils were touching each other like any micro coil type would... As for the size... they start at 1/16" and then go up to 9/64ths in 6 steps... so you can pick the diameter coil you want as well as use 16ga - 30ga wire

RandyDSok

Guess this thread needs a little more luv shown.. :)

Being primarily a regulated mod fan... I don't mention that I do have an old school Puresmoker Legacy mech mod much... simply don't use it often so it doesn't often come to mind. It's a great and really well built mech... but many of the newer mech mods have improved on the connections and switchs... so I thought I should look at getting another mod that I don't have to worry about the electronics going out on.

So I started looking around. I found an awesome deal on a 4Nine SS clone on Artemus's CustomModCreation's website... only about $14 as well ( and a copper version for even less ). The hybrid like 510 connection was intriguing but as I read more about it and that some atties have connection issues because of it... I continued looking around.

Saw that he also had a Stingray X SS/Copper clone that is drop dead gorgeous as well going for only about $30... found out the only issue I'm seeing reported with some of these clones are with the magnetic switch being crunchy sometimes and a good polish can fix that... Also, Artemus has the clones he carries customized to his own specs... which should limit the chances of me seeing a problem some. So I pulled the hammer on one...

deac7e2fd309f2dd4b71a93bbaf6a8ba.jpeg

While I was "blowing" money on mod's I didn't really need but wanted... I thought I'd also pick up a RDA dripper I've been hearing a lot of good things about.. that is also tiny but still has a lot of juice capacity... the Derringer clone. This clone comes with 5 different color caps... SS, brass, black, copper and a white delrin along with a white delrin stubby drip tip...

Here is a pic of it on what looks to be a 4Nine ( or clone ) to give an idea of the size...

10958530_868588133205818_1162167288_n.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Just a question, did you just copy what you have here and post it on the test site? Just wondering.

Tony

Staff member
Right on. Just making sure I didn't screw something up and have the thing pulling out of the same database as this site lmao. That would suck, big time.

RandyDSok

Right on. Just making sure I didn't screw something up and have the thing pulling out of the same database as this site lmao. That would suck, big time.

Glad I could keep you on your toes... :D

Didn't even think about a possible database issue could happen... sorry but I guess it's still a valid test of sorts

Well might be a little late to the party but congrats Tony.
This was the same direction I took nearly a year and a half ago.
Have not had a smoke since.
I have gone through several variations of the vaping mods and currently
am running a 20w eLeaf iStick with a Kanger Sub Tank Nano.
Since I do not drip I didn't go with the other Sub Tank they offered.
A local shop does their own mixing and I grab my juice from them.
30 mils for 10 bucks can't beat that.
The Nano is a nice tank, taste so much better than the other Kangers I have.

Tony

Staff member
Well hold up on that congrats. After 6 months of being off the smokes, I started smoking again because of all of the stress that was going on at the time. I am again looking to quit just need to get the will to do so. Going to need some backing to help push me along.

Tony

Staff member
On the regular atomizer i was on 24mg. On my dippers i was at 3mg but my last batch i went up to 6mg to see if it will help. I think i need a sub ohm tank. Will have to look into those.

RandyDSok

On the subohm tanks... both the Kanger Subtank line ( there are 3 sizes ) and the Aspire Atlantis are still the top contenders. The Kangers have the best efficiency operating well in the 20-30w range and has slightly better taste... The Atlantis gets slightly better vapor but people run it in the 30-40w range so it's less efficient. Of the people that have tried both... they say that they are neck and neck and the differences so slight to almost not being worth mentioning.

The Subtank Mini and Plus ( they are discontinuing the first one ) both have RTA decks.. the Nano doesn't. To tell the truth, refreshing the wick and fully rebuilding the OCC heads is easy enough that I'm not even using my RTA decks. As with any bottom coil clearo, the smaller sizes are less prone to leakage caused by the pressure differential these use. Also... over tightening them also leads to minor leaks because it distorts the gaskets some but I've seen that on most clearo's so it isn't unusual.

Smok also has a subohm tank called the VCT ( Vapor Chaser Tank ) that I've tried and it works ok... but I still prefer my Kangers. It also has a RTA deck available if needed.

There is also another newbie on the block called Herakles made by Sense... The only things I've heard so far is that it's a dual coil subohm tank capable of handling up to 70w although it works in the 30w-40w range as well. This is available on Sun-Vapers website and will likely show up on others soon.

I've also seen a couple others mentioned on some websites but I haven't seen or heard any opinions on them yet.

Last edited:
Tony
Being on the max 24 mgs should have given you the nicotine levels needed not to go back to the cigs.
Being supportive here :)
What was the vice for going back? Taste? Mental Nicotine fix?
Heck if I hit the Nano to hard I get a buzz LOL

RandyDSok

The issue is that while for many the "habit" is about the nic... it isn't that way for everyone so increasing the nic does nothing in those cases.

Tony

Staff member
It was just a combination of family that was living with me and not paying their bills, having to get back into a truck, not being able to pay the bills (see family...) and feeling like I just couldn't get ahead no matter what i did. Thankfully, I'm no longer in that seat and hope to never be there again. Things got bad.

So I did break down and headed to The Vapor Hut in MWC and picked up the Kangar Mini. I chose this one since I can wind my own coils in it. I'm also trying out their new flavor line with the RoJo flavor. It's quite good, but you must like sweet and you must like some fruit flavors. I have it in there now, and it's pretty friggin good (i don't really like fruit flavors) even at 0mg nic. But, had a smoke when I left work on the way to the vape shop, and have not had one yet. But feel one coming on soon lol.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I visited a new vape shop today. They are pretty simplistic, their juices are not that good, but to my surprise, they had the mod that I have wanted for quite some time. Yup, I know Mec Mods are pretty much dead, but this one is sweet. It's the Fuhattan Mod. Solid copper with a carbon fiber wrap. Really strong magnets and this thing hits. Unfortunately, I can't say anything more than that about it. Just know, it's a sexy little mod.

I also purchased the Natulas Aspire for the wife. It holds a little more than 5ml of juice and I think it will last the wife quite some time. Seems to hit pretty good, even though it has the mouth to lung holes in it. But nothing like my sub-ohm tail lol.

trainrider06

I just switched to an aspire BDC tank, I'm pretty impressed with how long the coils last.
Both me and the wife use the Aspire now. I got tired of fiddling with coils, wraps and such...this is much more
user friendly!

Tony

Staff member
Well everyone, the wife and I have decides to lay the analogs down once again. Well, again for me that is. Somehow I forgot about a bill and we didn't quote have enough coin in the bank for another carton so I just decided to lay them down. Syesterday I had one cigarette at work to kill te and get a few more minutes on the clock and had one with the wife before she went to work. She was needing one bad yesterday.

Today, I have not had one and I'm trying to keep it that way. There is just something about holding it, drawing on it and such that keeps wanting to go back. But I have to stop.

So today, so far, is the first day of quitting... again...

So let's see how this one goes. I know I have been killing the juice today.

Well everyone, the wife and I have decides to lay the analogs down once again. Well, again for me that is. Somehow I forgot about a bill and we didn't quote have enough coin in the bank for another carton so I just decided to lay them down. Syesterday I had one cigarette at work to kill te and get a few more minutes on the clock and had one with the wife before she went to work. She was needing one bad yesterday.

Today, I have not had one and I'm trying to keep it that way. There is just something about holding it, drawing on it and such that keeps wanting to go back. But I have to stop.

So today, so far, is the first day of quitting... again...

So let's see how this one goes. I know I have been killing the juice today.

Good luck Tony. I quit in march of 1999 and picked them back up again in 2007. I quit again on Nov 27th 2013 and have not had one since. Quitting smoking was just about the hardest thing I have ever done and I know how frustrating it is to have quit for awhile than to go back. Its a process man. Just keep trying.. one day at a time. I miss it sometimes but i know if I smoke just one, I will be back at it like before. Keep us posted on how you do.

trainrider06

My dad was 75 when he died, he quit when he was 50..said that the urge never left him, but the urge after time would usually be a passing thought that lasted about a second..

Top Bottom