Forum Double Posting

Tony

Staff member
I'm starting to think this is a security token issue... Now if I can just figure out how to correct this issue...

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap I really want to find an easier solution to this other than changing servers...

Tony

Staff member
Okay everyone. I have moved the forum back to the old account (didn't need to repopulate the DNS after all lol) and I'm doing some more testing. I think the issue is allowing html on the forum, which is actually a bad idea but I have allowed it. I guess I need to forget about allowing it so that we can post without doubling up lmao. I have disabled html in this forum section, and if it keeps working, and you guys get NO errors or double posting (in this forum ONLY), then I will disable it for ALL forums. Please post up and let me know if you are getting errors.

Tony

Staff member
Well, playing with the code just made things worse. Well, that line of code.

I now know that moving to a new account will not solve the issue. I'm thinking this issue has to be stored in teh database somewhere, but I have no idea where. I will not quite looking for it though. I will find it! And when I do, I will make it my bitch lmao. Yup, I"m that agitated at this issue... I'm really thinking now is the time to upgrade the forum to a new version. Just not sure I want all of that work... lol,

Tony

Staff member
I have just completed turning off html in all forums. I'm starting to run out of ideas here...

Tony

Staff member
Lost a like on the RCH Facebook page by updating you all on what was going on... Interesting lol.

heli-maniac

I just got asked if i wanted to leave the page after a post
In the you log in you post in here thread

- - - Updated - - -

I just got asked if i wanted to leave the page after a post
In the you log in you post in here thread

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's not the server. I'm really thinking it's the software. The thing that sucks is you can't go back to an older version without doing a lot of damage to the forum. I'm thinking about upgrading, but again, we would be starting over. However, something has to be done. VB is only putting a bandaid over a bullet wound with teh issues with this version of VB. I'm really hoping the new version (that I have to purchase, and don't have the money for) is much better.

Tony

Staff member
I have went in and disabled all Ajax features on the forum. This is just testing, so post up if you see anything. Thanks everyone. I'm trying to get this resolved...

Tony

Staff member
New test. There is a feature that states "disable probilmatic ajax features"... Again, they know about the issues, because this feature was not there before...

I know this, from now on, I will have two forums. I will be updating the "other" forum and doing a lot of testing before posting it on the live forum. I do apologize everyone.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I see what this is doing now.

When you make a post, the post will no longer just show up. It will now refresh the page (by it's self, and it's normal) and your post will be there. The issue is ajax is waiting for a response, and because the forum is looking for hte errors that are there, but are covered up, it times out as I have stated before.

So if you click on the new post button, click on a thread and read it, reply or whatever, then click the back arrow to return to the new post page, you will now have to click the back arrow button twice to get there.

I hate that we have to do this, but again, vBulletin is putting a bandaid over a bullet wound. this is a serious issue, but because they have a new version out that they want money for, they are only patching the old version...

As always, post any issues you see including if this reloading the page thing annoys you. The upside is, there should not be any double posting anymore...

pvolcko

I browse the forum by getting the new posts link and then opening new tabs on each that I'm interested in. Almost never use back button.

I made a post or two so far and no doubles. They did seem to take a much longer time to process, but no dialog asking if I want to leave the page or anything when they did finally go through. I, for one, can live with the delayed post button processing.

Top Bottom