Forum Double Posting

pvolcko

I'm getting intermittent double posts. I just accept the prompt, let the double post happen, then edit off the double.

Tony, if you want another set of eyes on the code and/or problem let me know.

Lee

I'm getting intermittent double posts. I just accept the prompt, let the double post happen, then edit off the double.

Tony, if you want another set of eyes on the code and/or problem let me know.

Same here.

Tony

Staff member
I'm about to take drastic action on this issue. I think I'm going to completely rewrite the code on the forum and see if that helps. Pretty much make a backup of the forum the way it is now, then delete it, then upload a new file system to it. If I do that, it will be early tomorrow morning.

What is pissing me off is I am not having any issues with BrokeAuto. It's posting quickly and no double posting. But the two forums should be the same. Not sure what is going on there. So I know there is something in here that is messing with this forum.

I will tell you what, I'm going to turn off some of the hacks that I have installed on the forum. Once I find the issue, I will turn them back on. But as of right now, all plugins are disabled to see if this stops the issue. I really don't want to reload all of these files lol.

Tony

Staff member
As of now, I have completely removed all of the files that I installed at part of the patch. Lets see if this does anything.

Tony

Staff member
And once again, we are trying this. Can you shoot files? I'm about to start trying...

Tony

Staff member
I think I have this issue fixed. Let me know if you have any issues. I'm not getting the double posting issues that I was getting all the time. So if you see anything, let me know.

Tony

Staff member
Seems after the changes, everyone was logged out lmao. If it's not one thing, it's another...

Tony

Staff member
Something with the rebuilding of the forum caused it to log everyone out. Not sure. But if that is the price to pay for fixing that damn double posting, then it's a very small price to pay lol. So far, this forum is posting really fast now. Nothing like it was doing earlier today...

Top Bottom