Forum Double Posting

Tony

Staff member
Since this issue is still here, I went ahead and enabled all of the plug-in's and we will see what happens. So now when you post the link to a video, it will embed them.

Tony

Staff member
Read somewhere that in order for some of the fixes to work, you must have downloaded your software after Nov 1. I downloaded this version on Oct 9. So, I went ahead and downloaded the new version again and just completed installing it. I'm hoping this helps fix it, but there is only one way to know for sure. I guess I will find out when I hit this submit button.

Is it bad that I dont' really want to hit it because of what "could" happen? lmao.

Here goes nothing...

pvolcko

Just double posted for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just double posted for me.

Make that two double posts. :wink:

Last edited:

Derek

I just had that pop-up, asking me to leave the page or stay on the page. I clicked on stay on the page, copied my post, then refreshed the page. When the page refreshed, my post was posted. Very odd!

Tony

Staff member
I have been doing some digging and I think I have found the issue, but not teh solution. The issue is with VB 4.2.2. It requires a PHP version of 5.2 or higher. I'm running 5.3. Well, this version tosses more error codes than the last php version. I think the forum is waiting for an error, but because I have globally blocked them, it's not getting them. And then it times out, and asks you if you want to leave the page. However, your post has actually posted in the background, you just can't see it.

I'm still working on this. Need to do some more hacking...

murankar

Staff member
Odd. I get very few double post if any at all on forum runner but the browser I have had a couple.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom