Forum Double Posting

Tony

Staff member
If you are having an issue with the forum double posting, you are not alone. It's happening to me as well as the rest of the staff. I'm creating this thread to keep you all updated as to what I'm doing to try to cure this issue.

I don't have a lot of time to work on this issue, but I'm doing all I can. I have made some changes this morning to see if it helps cure the issue. I'm thinking this has something to do with the latest patch that was installed on the forum. I have reverted that update and we should see some improvements.

If you see a lot of double posting, please post here. If you only see it happening a few times, that is normal. People's internet is slow, computer is slow, and it can cause this. But almost every post is not normal.

As for the answer to all of the PM's I received about the green notice, I had no other choice. I had a notice posted at the top of the forum and people just clicked out of it and never read it. Then would send me a PM stating that there were problems with the forum. So, I made the notice lime green with black text and made it non-dissmissable. When there is a major issue like this, you all need to read the notices and I will do all that I can to do so. Please DO NOT send me PM's asking how to remove it. It's not possible until I change the settings.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

-Tony N.

Barge

Hi Tony, I have posted about 6 posts in a row without issue since my last double, the image below is the second error message in a post I just made, even after following your instructions, so after receiving this message I just closed the window, re-entered and checked if the post had gone, it hadn't, but it did post correctly.

Error Message.jpg

Error Message.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That right there is what the forum is supposed to do. It's supposed to warn you that you have a post exactly the same in teh last 5 minutes. Although it's not supposed to even come up. I'm still searching for the root cause of this issue, it's just going to take some time. I'm hoping this reverting of the last update will help to clear up some of these issues.

It has started to happen to me a lot less and when it did happen I just followed your instructions. Worked every time.

murankar

Staff member
most of the double posting I have occurs when using Forum Runner. I have noticed that Forum Runner has fits from time to time due to bad internet connections. I have been primarily using the app due to long work days and time away from the PC. I love using the app because of low bandwidth usage and speed. I have however from time to time have used the web browser on my phone to view the forum.

Tony

Staff member
It's been quite a while since I've had an issue with the double posting.

Lets hope it stays that way.

It has started to happen to me a lot less and when it did happen I just followed your instructions. Worked every time.

Keep me updated on if you get any more double posts. It's going to happen from time to time, but should not happen all the time if that makes sense.

most of the double posting I have occurs when using Forum Runner. I have noticed that Forum Runner has fits from time to time due to bad internet connections. I have been primarily using the app due to long work days and time away from the PC. I love using the app because of low bandwidth usage and speed. I have however from time to time have used the web browser on my phone to view the forum.

You know that we have a mobile version for cell phones, right? When you are on the main forum page (or any regular forum page for that matter), just scroll down all the way to the bottom and on the left hand side will be a drop down box. In there, you will see a Mobile version. This is a very cut down version of the forum and IMO, works better than forumrunner. I really want to get rid of forumrunner, but I know all hell would break loose here if I did lmao. Even though we do have a mobile version...

I haven't experienced the double posting since Monday evening.

I just made this change 12 hours ago, so lets hope it works. I know we didn't have this issue until I did the patch. And I have reverted 5 of the 6 files that were updated.

I had three last night but nothing tonight so far:)

Again, lets keep it that way lol. I"m freakin' slammed over here and don't need any more issues with the forum. Although it's been a while since we really had any. Thankfully lol.

murankar

Staff member
Quote king is back.

Yes I did know. I use that theme on my mobile. Forum runner still uses less bandwidth. No real graphics unless I view images and even then that's spotty on the app. Most of the time I am here to catch up on the going ons and wait till I get home for the multimedia stuff.

I prefer forum runner over the browser. I get my content faster. It may not be much faster but it's still faster. With the few tiny issues I have no major complaints about the app.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
FYI - I just tried to post in my build thread and got the Do I want to leave this page message. I clicked no and highlighted the text and copied. I pasted my text back and I tried to submit again and it posted my text twice. I went in and edited the post.

Same thing happened when I tried to post this. This time I highlighted the text, copied and deleted it. I then refreshed my browser. When I got the do you want to leave this page message I clicked yes and my browser refreshed and my post was there.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, when you get the "do you want to leave" message, just say no, copy all of the text, and refresh the page. If you enter the post again, it will double post about 90% of the time. Guess the issue is not fixed. Back to the drawing board.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I'm sure you guys will find the issue……computers, I thought they were supposed to make our lives easier (said the old guy) hahaha!

Are you the only one with access to the RCH server or do you have others that can help you?

This post worked correctly………..

Last edited:

Barge

Hi Tony, I just made a long post on the 450 heli forum and it double up without any messages coming up, it took a while for the post to come up but when it did it doubled itself.

Cheers

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you guys will find the issue……computers, I thought they were supposed to make our lives easier (said the old guy) hahaha!

Are you the only one with access to the RCH server or do you have others that can help you?

This post worked correctly………..

I'm the only one with access to the RCH server. So it's all on my shoulders. Matt, my administrator, knows servers, but doesn't know PHP or how this forum is structured. I have also modded this forum code to add what I wanted, which makes it even more complicated. Hell, he may know PHP and is just hiding it from me lmao. I would.

Hi Tony, I just made a long post on the 450 heli forum and it double up without any messages coming up, it took a while for the post to come up but when it did it doubled itself.

Cheers

I saw this post. If I find it again, I will edit it. However, you are now at 100 posts, so I think you should have the permissions to edit your own posts now. Just click the Edit button at the lower right of the post, and it will come up so you can edit it. Congrats on the 100 posts.

mudbogger

I just made a long post on the 450 heli forum and it double up without any messages coming up, it took a while for the post to come up but when it did it doubled itself.

I too had the issue of a "double-post" without getting a message about it...Though I don't remember what section the post was in.

Tony

Staff member
I do have a lot on my plate, but I'm the kind of person that just can't sit still. I took a month or so off work, and the whole time, I was doing something. I had to. Can't just lay around and not do anything.

Top Bottom