450 Derek's Trex 450 Pro DFC

Derek

Well now, this has been a fun time. I was looking for some replacement parts for my 450, since my LHS turned out to be no help at all. I went to Heli-Direct...two of the parts I want are out of stock. Bummer! I went to A Main Hobbies...3 of the parts I want are out of stock. Hmmm! I went to ExperienceRC....whew...they have all that I wanted...and as it turns out...ExperienceRC is just in Michigan....I could drive there, if I really wanted to, in about 3.5 hours. Awesome!

No, I'm not going to drive there, lol...but they are close and that's encouraging.

Derek

I ordered new DS430m servos on Monday. They showed up today. Mega cool!!! I posted about my issue with my LHS and that my ordered parts got cancelled. So I placed the same order with ExperienceRC on Monday. Those parts showed up today. Also mega cool!

Now I have new titanium turnbuckles for the swash, a new DFC swash, new DFC linkage arms, new black main gears, and a couple other parts. Unfortunately I'm working tonight so the new parts have to wait until tomorrow for install.

Derek

I'm going through the rebuild with all the new parts. I figured I'd just start with a fresh model in my DX8. As I'm going through the initial settings in my DX8, I come across "Switch Select". Here is where my problem is...I can't remember if I need to change the GEAR channel to AUX2 or if that was for something else that I did.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Derek

Today was interesting! I was messing around more with my 450, trying to get it all setup. I ran into some issues getting proper blade pitch. With a level swash, via the new titanium turnbuckles, the middle stick pitch was a bit off. The positive pitch, on both blades was really close but the negative pitch on both sides was WAY off. I adjusted this and adjusted that and just wasn't making any progress. I called the guy at my LHS for help. We did finally get everything adjusted correctly after about 30 minutes. Now, I have 0 and 0 at mid stick....+10.3 and +10.2 at high stick...-10.1 and -10.2 at low stick. I can live with that!!!

Then, another issue arises. We take my 450 outside for a spin up. I move the throttle up and nothing happens until mid stick and even at high stick, i'm only getting about 15-20% throttle. I have a linear throttle curve so I should have had a lot more throttle than what I got. I'm going to try to reprogram the ESC (YEP 45amp) and see if that helps solve the issue.

Derek

That would be an ESC programming issue then, right? I do have the YEP Programming card and I've gone back through the programming. Maybe I need to find Tony's "Yep 45 Programming" video again and go back through it again.

I just got done moving the ESC to help with a CG issue. Went back through the programming. Perhaps I missed something or didn't do something right because I just took the 450 into the garage for a test, just now, and still no rotor spin until mid stick and only about 15% throttle at full stick...with a linear pitch curve. I'm also getting some beeping from low stick through mid stick.

I'll do the programming again and see what happens. If I have the same issue, I'll do up a video of whats going on and I'll post it for you to see. We'll see what happens then.

Lee

Are you running it on Gov store, Gov, or normal throttle curves Derek?
Is it 6 beeps?

Derek

I want it set for "Gov Off" and I have a linear throttle curve (just for testing, this will change when setup is completed).

I just took the 450 into the garage again and checked for the beeps....I raise the stick to mid stick, no head spinning, but I'm getting 5 beeps, then a pause, then 5 beeps, then a pause, over and over and over.

Any ideas Lee?

Derek

Well now...this is discouraging, lol.

I just went back through the programming with the programming card. I'm certain that I had a few things selected but the indicator lights indicated differently. Ok, so I made the change to what I wanted and pressed enter. Finished up the programming and now I get zero head spin and then at low stick, I get 6 beeps, repeatedly, instead of 5.

Moral of the story: I've done something wrong, lol ha ha ha

Maybe i'll just clean up my mess and go back to bed for a few hours. I'll try to do the reprogramming of the reprogramming tomorrow, lol.

Tony

Staff member
And now you are seeing why I do NOT like the YEP ESC. It changes settings while you sleep. It's that damn gnome I tell you.

Make sure the gov is off. that is exactly what it sounded like on your other post. Make sure to recalibrate your endpoints.

Derek

Well, I've got a bit of good news. The YEP 45 seems to be saving the settings that I've selected. However, the motor will not turn and I get 6 repetitive beeps.

Would it help if I posted a video of what I'm doing with the programming and the ending results?

The weather has gotten real nice this weekend and I'm spending it indoors trying to figure this thing out. Bummer.

Derek

Did you create a new model like you was going to, if so have you done the end point set up yet

yes, i did create a new model. You are talking about the end point setup. Are you referring to:

"Powering up the helicopter, and with the throttle stick at it's highest point, turning on the tx, then lowering the throttle to low stick"

No, I didn't do that. Do I need to do that?

murankar

Staff member
Shoot I would do a factory reset on the esc and start over there also.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom