600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

First hover by lhs guy. Engine is rich., needs links replaced. But it hovers!!! Yayy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

Not bad. I'm still going to have to teach you how to hold that camera sideways lol. You know the iphone takes HD video when it's sideways, but not when it's standing up. I'm gonna learn you yet lol.

And I'm not too sure about that tail. The blades were spinning, but the tail was not. That would make me a little nervous.

Tony

Staff member
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

I would need to see the tail in order to see how it works. If in fact it's like the 250's, then there is no tail drive gear, and it's driven straight off the main gear. And the one way bearing will make the head spin, when the tail is stopped. But as soon as power is applied, it will lock the head and tail together. Something like that lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Looks great GABA! Tail is nice and steady. Has far has rich, most nitro helis I've seen smoke like that! That's whyyou need a heat gun to tell for sure lol!

Tony

Staff member

Nah, it's rich. You can hear the popping in the motor and that it's not getting up on the pipe. Man I want to get into nitro, I miss it lol

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Looks like it is slowly coming together. By the way I had a futaba GY 401 on my Raptor and the tail kept creeping on me, I put an Align GP780 and that puppy is solid as a rock.. jus sayin..

Tony

Staff member

I have to agree with Tommy on this one. The 401 was a great gyro when it came out, but it's still a piezoelectric gyro. Really need to go th the Align gyros for the ultimate in control. Not having one on my 600 is one reason I only flew it once with the GA-250.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I didn't see any drift in the tail using it with the 9254. Everyone doing motors in my field / online suggested me this , and I found a good deal.

It is peizo, if I see any slop, I'll look into it closer and may be swap it out. But for now it looks good.

Tony, tail is like 250 so it stops before the blades with the main gear and yes it's direct driven by main gear.

I might be looking into the auto rotation gear for my tail for auto rotation safety, but thats in the future.

I want to ask this question to you guys... And I want a wry honest answer , lol

What settings should I use on this heli out of these two.. (posted)

My lhs guy tell me to stay in 50-55percent throttle range even at idle up... And my curve looks like this

4cbb9a14-fb9c-2715.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think is better? Should I go to 65 percent and 70 percent on my throttle?

Please let me know!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320811347.313910.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320811356.996660.jpg

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

It's really hard to tell, you have to fit the curves to your liking. Either way you don't need to get your head speed over 2500 rpm's maximum or you get in the danger range of slinging a blade off. You will have to set your head speed with your end points until you get a governor. I could show you my throttle curve and pitch curve but yours would be different for your flying style

Tony

Staff member

I would start with the lower of the two and work your way up. Since Tommy has a heli that is about the same, it may be useful to get his settings, and dial them down a few percent for a starting point. As he said, you will have to set this up to your liking. I know that my throttle curves that I like to use, and my expo are not like what the next person would like. Just look at the settings on Nightmare from me to you. I loved the settings, but they just were not for you and you had to redo them.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
While that's true... So y'all don't like the settings (hand written) right? that's what's lhs guy gave me, and that's what I am at, as he hovered it.

An tommy, please an I get your settings! :)

The only one concern is that tommy is running a full metal head where I am plastic (max rom wise)

Now the manual, has a setup with the same engine as I have, and the settings above (printed ones) are from it. Which tells me that the gear ratios might be just right to get the max Rpm.

Now am I sure .. Lol.. Heck no! I bought the tachometer app. Need pinion gear and main gear tooth count. I don't have that. Can someone help me with that?

Which one is pinion in all these gears that drive the Main gear?

Again, can someone help me with the tooth count of my pinion and main gear. (even by searching, I am searching too, may be we can find the right one! )

Thanks guys!! ;)

Tony

Staff member

I would start with what the book says. They have done a lot of work to get to those numbers. It's a great place to start. And the pinion is the gear that is straight off the motor.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Man, don't get lazy on us. You have to do a little research for your self.

From Raptortechnique "PITCH"
At this stage you should just be using normal flight mode so either disable flight mode 1 and 2 or set the throttle and pitch curves to the same values you have in normal flight mode. This way if you accidently hit the switch then you will still be alright.
*If your radio has more then 3 points for the pitch curve (bottom, middle, top) then disable all the points in between. If you can't disable them then use some math to find the correct value to set them to Remember each time . you adjust a top/middle/bottom point you will need to reset the points in between. I discuss this in step 9 below.
If you do not have a pitch gauge you can use the built-in one but you will first need to align it, <here> is how.

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is for learning to hover. Zero is used for the bottom in case you do a 'chop stick'. That is when you get in trouble and pull the stick down quick. BTW: Make sure your blades are tight in the grips. If you hit a little hard then the blades could pivot out of position and then reach the tail boom.
After you can hover good enough to keep the helicopter from moving all over the place then guess what you do next... move the helicopter all around the place <grin> hahaha Well in a structured way. You move in triangle, rectangle, and circle patterns to develope you aileron and elevator skills. At the early stage of this you may still want to keep the 0,5,9 settings but as you get more comfortable and start working on the beginnings of the figure 8 pattern it will be better to re-adjust the bottom point to -2. </grin>
This is for doing full figure 8's. If you try doing figure 8's with 0 on the bottom you will find as you come back into the wind you will have to lower the collective so much that the throttle cuts out from under you. In other words as you lower the collective to keep the helicopter from climbing, you may have to go so far that the engine goes to an idle. Remember the collective and throttle are on the same stick!
Next, start using the flight mode switch. Leave normal mode at -4,4,9.
* All the following pitch curve settings are flight mode 1.
This will mostly be to help you get use to working the switch. Set the flight mode 1 throttle curve so the throttle does not go to idle, like 30,40,50,60,100. This will keep the throttle up when you do quick descent.
After you get comfortable with the -4 on the bottom then re-adjust the bottom for -6. Later you will go to a full 3d curve.
This is the full 3d curve with v-curve throttle, ex 100,60,50,60,100. This is the mode you use to do all the flip flopping in the sky that you want.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Hey GABA, today only laser temp gauges on sale at harbor freight. $34.99. Great price!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey breeze thanks for the deal... :) I am really running dry on money. There is a reason I am being a little slow and cautious with the bird too. I don't have money to replace stuff this month. :( lol

But I'll keep this one purchase on a priority to get whenever I can first. :)

@Tommy. Lol I know I know, I promise I am not being lazy(in reasearch) , I don't wanna open the bird to count the teeth, but I have been researching too.. Just want inputs are welcome you know that.. :) :)

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

I don't have any idea on your particular heli, I can tell you a lot about a raptor..lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

You can't see the main gear with the canopy off?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

i can , i'll have to somehow just count it manually. Its not working very well. I emailed century people. lets c

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

You can't count! Lol put a mark on a tooth with a marker, then count. Count 10 at a time if you loose your spot. And put another mark. Lol.

Top Bottom