600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

i think thats what it was.. I am gonna do all that again! :)

how many start kicks can that hangar 9 12V battery take?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

Is that hangar 9 starter for heli? The only one I saw that was a nitro heli ( align 700 ) being started, the guy had a electric drill with a ling shaft on it. He ran the shaft down a hole to the engine and started it with a drill not a airplane starter.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
There's my setup... The yellow sleeve is what's now stripped cause I put oo et extra pressure thinking it was necessary. But it was not. So now it's all loose and no friction between shaft and rubber.

Btw.. It came like this . No mods.. I mean I added the shaft but yellow sleeve is stock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320457595.104915.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

and there is the video of the engine when i just took it out... I have it all fixed up now. Back to square 1... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

You should be able to get a starter cone from your LHS or since you are going to use it for heli only just epoxy that puppy permanant, just make sure you center it good. I would not put locktite on the crankshaft nut. Just tighten it up real good. Take a pair of vicegrips and lock them where the slots are on the fan hub and tighten that nut good.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well.. I wrapped my starter shaft gold part with electrical tape.. It has given enough actually more than enough friction now. Will attempt second start tomorrow. I am more confident on heli. Just gotta work the starter right.

Tell me this., do I really need to press hard on the starter shaft in heli except for whatever required to keep it down in the fan?

Also how many start attempts till my 12v battery goes down!?

Also check this out and let me know what y'all think. :)

Tony

Staff member

Gaba, I'm going to say something, but don't do anything until you fly it and have a chance to really tune it.

When you burped the throttle and it dies, this is a classic sign that the low end is rich. When it's rich, a lot of fuel is going in the engine. Then when you open the throttle, you create more of a venture sucking more fuel in, causing it to become so rich that it can't run. But, like I said, don't worry about this. that motor needs to be a little over 200 degrees before you tune it.

And you know better, you know to get a video no matter what you do. where did I put that ban hammer...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Well.. I wrapped my starter shaft gold part with electrical tape.. It has given enough actually more than enough friction now. Will attempt second start tomorrow. I am more confident on heli. Just gotta work the starter right.

Tell me this., do I really need to press hard on the starter shaft in heli except for whatever required to keep it down in the fan?

Also how many start attempts till my 12v battery goes down!?

Also check this out and let me know what y'all think. :)

You shouldn't have to press down hardly any. The starter shaft is like a hex hear wrench and should lock in. If it is slipping up at the cone then you need a new cone so the starter shaft will fit tightly. Looks like the engine has been run hot because of the play in the wrist pin and piston rod bearing being loose like that. You can run it like that but I would go ahead and order and kit for it. If it slings the rod you have to rebuild it anyways.
I went to walmart and purchased a small fourwheeler battery they only cost bout $20.00. Now I don't have to charge but about once every month.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

What is a kit for the engine? Is it piston, piston rod and crankshaft?

Should include a new sleeve piston and rod.

GABA, looks like that starter rod has set screws on the end. The rest of you guys can chime in on this. Take it apart, stick it in a battery op. Drill. Use that to start it! Everyone around my club uses drills to start there nitro helis! That starter you have is designed for a nose cone of an air plane engine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

i appreciate the input on that breeze. :)

I am gonna go align starter once i can afford it or can find a cheap deal. As far as this setup is concerned, I had mistakes I made.. which made more issues. I will stick to this until I can get a better one.. :) It works for a lot of people.. i have seen videos.. I am new, It might be working for them becasue they know exactly what to do lol. I dont.. but I will learn on this right now. :) but belive me.. i wanna get the similar one to tommy.. that is good starter for heli..

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Cool, I would rebuild that engine before let's go though. Cheep insurance! I'll be in Canada in a few minutes so catch you this afternoon when I get home.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

sure sir. I have seen the new engine of os 50 sx... they have a little slop there on the same spot. NOT that much.. but, I will.. Honeslty. Building this bird got me down a bit too much.. I am drained to a point, nylon tubing will be to expensive too... lol

I would rebuild it, just after a few slow hovers and forward flights and all.. by that time, i would have recovered a bit. lol.. Iwas talking to someone else who uses the same heli for a couple years and has same engine, he said, that the engine will go for a while without a lot of problems. But as you said, its mainly just cheap insurance.. I'll see what I can get and how soon.. lol

just wanna say this. I do enjoy working on this heli.. Its got so much space, and screws are big and I can hold it as I want,and it's got mass to keep tself there..

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Sounds like you got a plan Gaba, and "The Kit" is what Breeze said, piston, ring, rod, and sleeve. The crank shaft and front bearing should not need replacing unless you hear the bearing chattering.

I love my two Raptor 30's. I like the V1 better cause I can beat on it and not feel bad. lol. The V2 is my "Show" piece. I've even started selling my electric stuff I like them so well. Something about that little engine sound that has me hooked.. Believe it or not my outbound cash flow has cut down some. I run 30% nitro so it costs about $35 a gallon here in Bama.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

i bet.. I think I am gonna love nitros.. too something about them just says POWER.. even if the electric counterparts have more horsepower. I dont care if i get how much i need and sounds amazing! haha lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

hey guys! all of you guys who could check that link out. That is still a a problem in general, but not with my bird anymore per say.

I was forced to dial my travel adj for throttle to 40 perc cause thats all i was needing. now that was causing non linear response, And I think its going to cause non linear response again if I go back to it. Its something with dx6i programming, and the way it take travel adj

I readjusted my throttle linkage, centered everythig (with the help of lhs guy) now I am back to 0-100 perc on travel on my servo for 0-100 throttle on carb

(not talking about throttle curves yet) :)

LHS dude, rplaced my cone. We started my engine, and hey it idled.. he pumped some gas into it, and it took it pretty OK. He said to keep the low speed needle at 1 and 3/4 turns to start with

I had heard the factory was 2.5 turns on OS engine. Shoud I start with 1 and 3/4ths and now then how do i tell if the engine is too lean or rich to start with. :)

let me know!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Here you go!!!

I got it fired up... :) :) :) it's rich I THINK... ;) lol tell me... What should I do next..

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

You need to check the head temp. with A temp gun. You can pick one up on sale at Harbor Freight. Get the one with the laser beem. Thats the one I bought. Tommy should be able to give you the right temp reading. That is the only way to adjust your mixture right! But you have to Fly her to get the temp up! LOL You will see A visable trail of blue smoke comeing out when your flying her. Your either running too high of an idle speed or your clutch needs to be adjusted A little. The head should not be spinning like that when idleing

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

clutch cant really be adjusted. The idle needs to be set. I realized it was too rich i think. It was choking on giving throttle. and quitting. I went three small clicks in to lean it a little bit. that made the engine kinda idle at a lower fuel intake, and idle nearer to the center trim. I will see how hot its getting, run it and try to set idle. I'll see what i can do.. I am gonna take it to the field tomorrow.. :) Dont have money for a temp gun, its goin in my "wish list" lol

Top Bottom