600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

yeah yeah yeah.. heeheehee :p :D

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

OK now.. I know why I was not counting the gears, I realized that if I do that, I will ave erroneous readings. The app is asking for the Main gear and Pinion teeth, but thats designed for the TREX type direct drive models, not like the Century models that have a Counter Rotating gear in the middle transferring the motion. My gear ratio would have been messed up. I researched a little on the app, and found out that to use that app on the other helis, you have to just know the FINAL gear ratio. Like mine I found out from century's website was 1:9.6. I will just input a gear teeth count into the app that makes the right ratio, and I will get the right RPM.. I am happy I got the figured out.

This is how my gear system looks like: clutchdrive.gif

hopefully that tells what I was talking about. :)

anywaz.. i'll update y'all on the rpm i am running..

clutchdrive.gif

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello !!! :)

Two videos... Tell me what you think! Need more tuning..??
Is that gyro blinking normal!? (without input from tx)

(tony!! Lol I laughed pretty hard on your fb comment. Went to dinner after posting on YouTube, didn't know it was uploaded hahahaahha!!!)

Had a not so good day with 450.. Tail slider jammed on me (I did ore flight checks) ... Broke my tail boom, TT, main head block lost both pins (which I donno what to replace with don't wanna put 27 bucks in it but will probably have to lol)

Also, left the battery plugged in it last night by mistake... One pooffy 2200mah battery.

Also .. (this might earn me embarrassment).. Had so much fun flying the 50, forgot to disconnect my starter, and it shorted in my field box all the way home, .. Lucky it didn't cause a fire in my car, but ONE POOOOOFY 12v battery ... :/ ...

25 bucks plus what ever else I broke. Ugh hh... Anywaz... Let me how's the heli.. :)

Can I recover that 2200 mah battery? It's too low, a bit poofy.. But if I dead short it, and see if it can charge again. :)

Let me know y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Lookin good!! My 401 does the same thing after a bit of flying. You can reset it by flipping to rate and back three time quickly. That is one of the down sides of a piezo gyro.

Tony

Staff member

You can try to recover that battery. Just put it on a balance charger and make sure the cells are the same. If it's at 0 volts, call me tomorrow, and I will walk you through how to "jump start" the battery so it will take a charge. I don't want to post it here cause it's quite dangerous with a lipo. The blinking, see Tommy's post. He will know more about those than I will. I was going to say either your trim was moved, or it's the vibration of the engine.

The heli looked lean to me by the lack of smoke, but if it's not getting hot, then it's cool. Also, it only sounded like you were at about 1/2 throttle. See about setting up a throttle hold on that thing near the max blade speed then test it. Other than that, everything looked great. Keep it up, and don't slam it into the ground like your 450 lol.

tim

i used a 5 volt nimh charger to brang back a 3s pack that was at 6volts an it actually worked it didnt have punchout power but it ran ok for about 20 more cycles before it got week an weeker it was an old commonsense 2100 15c 3s. yes your so right lipos are or can be extremely volitile so always watchem i gotta get a bag for mine fireproof or a ceramic pottery bowl,wen u start smelling a sweet sent u better check your batts cause its wat a lipo smells like wen they got a leak very harmfull an hazadorus!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Looking good GABA. I'm thinking it's a little lean myself. Could not see much smoke coming out. There should be a steady stream of smoke coming out. Look at any video of a nitro heli and you will see! Flys great though! Nice and steady. Keep it up! Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Is the 9254 tail servo a good mix with a gp780? WHat are you using Tommy? I might have mine extra as i ordered a Tarot FBL combo.. its so cheap (comparatively) ... ! :) :)

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

I'm using the Align DS620 on both of my Raptor 30's and I hear that the DS650 is even better but haven't tried it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Ok.... guys.. I got the heli re setup.. I had to.. I noticed that there was an imbalance in the pitch axis. And it was NOT GOOD! I was not sure what was wrong. but I knew that the servo was ok cause I tested it. I did go ahead and reset eerything in the head. I noticed my flybar was not "balanced" ..

Now I am just waiting till tomorrow to test it. I also got the infrared temp gun that I found at dealextreme for like 13 bucks. Its on its way.. not here yet. but I was wondering if y'all can help me with the temperatures.

What temperature is good for an OS 50 hyper engine? What temp tells me if its too hot or lean and what tells me its too cold or rich?

Please let me know!

Thanks

Tony

Staff member

I always ran my engines at 220 when I was just playing around. When I wanted max HP and speed, I have cranked them up as far as 350, but that was a single race motor too. I would be rebuilding it after every heat, and in the mains, I would normally destroy the crank if I went a little too far. But, this was in a truck on dirt too.

I would keep yours at 220, that is a good all around temp from what I have read. But, I don't know aircraft engines, so take that with a grain of salt. I would like to hear from some that run these all the time if I'm even close lol.

llommel

Hi Tony, question on the DX6i. if I setup my TX for 1 model with trim tabs adjusted for that model, then change to another model, does the TX remember the trim tab settings when I switch back to model 1? Or do you have to set the trim tabs every time you change models?

Tony

Staff member

It will remember each model, and the trim settings that you had on it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

tell me what you think about this?

I am not sure why, but the engine quit on me 100ft up in the air, coming out of a roll.. I had to auto it down.

I thought may be fuel was too low for it to be inverted. I fueled it .. took it up, and did a flip.. well it didnt quit right away, but sure did quit after a bit.

I leaned it I think a little to see how it'll do, but still it made a pinging sound I think, and engine died.. .

I am so confused.. I mean the idle sounds ok.. and then thr transition is sputtery.. but then it runs ok. then I lean the idle up, and it starts pinging on me. I am CONFUSED!

help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

More than likley it got too hot. Make sure it don't get over 200 degrees..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

wasnt it rich? seems like it was running rich.. see how it was sputtering at spool up...

Tony

Staff member

It sounds very lean to me. when was the last time you checked your temp? as stated above, keep it right at 200 to 220. But that motor sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. Check the sleeve for scoring or bluing.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

hey tony.. which sleeve are you talking about?

Tony

Staff member

The cyl sleeve. It's what the piston is inside. Also check your compression before you take it apart.

Top Bottom