600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

GABA your running that engine way too lean! There should be more than twice the smoke coming out than you have. I hope you did not burn her up! Watch any video of a nitro heli on you yube and you will see. I thought you bought a heat gun. Use it!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey breeze.. It's in it's way. I don't have it yet. Lol. Went through a whole gallon and the bird is still not tuned.... WHAT!!! Lol

Anywaz... I am now waiting to replace the con rod and read bearing... Then I'll get some fuel and try the tune again.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

Make sure you have a thick plume of smoke coming out! Like I said check out some of the other videos. You will see what I meen! Punch in Alan Sazbo. He has lots of videos on you tube!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I just bought a 2 dollar smack talk rc video on nitro engines.. Man did they summarize.. That was cool. Now I'll definately have a way to tune this sucker. ;)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Cool, send me the link! Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

heehe.. I wish i could. I wouldnt mind. But I have limited downloads. I have it on me in the computer. its like 900 megs.. I would love to upload it.. if I know how..

Tony

Staff member

I say, you burn it to DVD and send it to me lol. Hope it works for you.

Tony

Staff member

don't worry about getting me a copy. I don't need anything for free lol. And I don't have have anything to tune lol. Not that I would actually need to learn about tuning. I learned everything I needed to know when I was racing. Hope you get it figured out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Thts before the video I watched...

Disaster.. Wanna sell me an engine? :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Hate to say we told you so, but WE TOLD YOU SO!! The engine can be repaired as long as the bearings in the engine casing are not scorched. If the crank turns and you don't hear or feel any roughness in the bearings then I would put a new sleeve, piston, and ring in it and fire that puppy up. You should be able to get rid of the "Specks" with a set of jewelers files and 1000 grit sand paper or steel wool. Is there any play in the connecting rod on the wrist pin or the crankshaft pin?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

I would replace the conecting rod too! You had play in it before! So completely rebuild it with new piston ring, sleve, and conecting rod! I don't want to say it but I to have to! WE TOLD YOU SO! I kept teling you you were lean! Lesson learned I hope.

Tony

Staff member

Gaba, this was a used engine that you were learning on. Saying that you are looking for a used engine in that video tells me that you are going to run into the same problems again. The rod was wore out causing it to contact the case. Those shavings could have gotten into the head and killed the piston and sleeve. Just save up your money and buy a new engine. Break it in correctly, and run it rich. You don't need full power out of that motor, just fly it. My 0.02

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Honestly y'all! Lesson is learnt. Lol ..

Now I have the new con rod sitting here.

I would rather be ok doing a rebuild, cause I have the rear bearing and con rod, all I need is piston , piston ring and sleeve. And to scrub the engine with steel wool.

Someone is offering me an engine and pipe for 50 lol. I am like .... I donno if I should rebuild or buy that. If I rebuild this engine will be like new... Right?

Thanks for your help guys.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

You have to change the sleeve anyway with a new piston! Using an old sleeve would be like putting in a new piston and rings in your car and not hooning out the block!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well I do understand the need of a new sleeve. But, now the sleeve is 50 plus shipped.
I am broke with the new piston ring con rod and my 450 was in a crash it needed some parts. And fuel was needed so I am dead out of money now..

And the I took it to a local dude who knows a lot about heli motors. He checked it over and told me that the sleeve looks fine smooth and no scratches. Now new sleeve will be great. Obviously that's the only part left in total rebuild. I will get this together for now, and get it broken in...

I will update you guys with everything. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

GABA don't do it wait till you have the cash for the sleeve! If not your going to have to replace the piston and ring again! This is not something to cheep out on! Wait! What's a couple of weeks! Will it kill you that much to throw out good money for bad? Rebuild it totally befor you fire it back up! I can't stress this enough!!!!!!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well... A month and a Christmas later.... Here's what I got...

Upgrades :::: metal head yoke, glass fiber blades, multigov pro, mp5 .50 muffler, auto rotation gear system, And a TREX 600n canopy..

This build was nice cause I knew what to do this time. It went together beautifully! Love it!

Canopy was retro fitted so so easily... Just a little more to do..like the pressure line and all.. But everything... Looks great!

Here it is. :) :)

a6934cd9-8955-c164.jpg
a6934cd9-896b-4ea7.jpg
a6934cd9-897d-95ff.jpg

Comments?? :)

Ohh almost forgot ... A rebuilt engine too ! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member

Looks good. Just remember to put more fuel to it this time :biggrin1:

Top Bottom