600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

you cant'n use your tx to adjust the mixture. the screws on the carb are for that. you can use the trim addjustment on the tx for your idle speed if the idle screw on the carb is addjusted the right way. then you can run the trim all the way down to shut off the engine. that is how i have my superstar set up.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh yeah I know.. I was gonna use the high speed needle.. Let's see tomorrow how it goes...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

To check the temp you can also touch the backplate with your finger if you can hold it there for over 3 seconds you can lean it a little. To me, it looks like your mix (low speed needle) is to rich. it's the tiny screw. If you turn it clockwise about 5 degrees try it and see if it will idle better.. always check your back plate for heatuntil you get it smoothed out. The needle you have been turning is the high speed needle not the low. The high speed needle wont make any difference until you get above half throttle

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh ok. Then turning that will make my max rpm go down?

It does slow down the engine a bit?

So turning that little one make it idle better. What should be my start point for high speed needle for an ok max rpm for wood blades and plastic head? :)

Just an idea...? :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok... Cool. I'll keep it at that.:: I think it's at 1.75.. I'll try the low speed needle, by about 5deg

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Turning the needles is not used to adjust your max rpm. You will have to adjust that with your throttle end point on you radio, or get a govenor, or another radio that has throttle hoover. All the needles will do is adjust the amount of fuel that is traveling to your engine at certian points in the throttle curve. the low speed needle takes care of the 0-50 part and the high speed needle handles the 50-100.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh ok... My low speed needle doesn't wanna turn with my little screwdriver.... Is it supposed to Be hard to move?

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Where is it positioned now? There should be a center line on the carburetor, The slot in the screw should be centered on the line (if it is at the factory default position). It will be hard to turn because they put locktite on it from the factory.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I turned it... And my engine is ideling.. Broke my radius link thigh by my starter lol... Abd my gyro gear wire.. Uploading videos in a bit

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Engine idles. Radius link available at lhs. Setting up pitch now .

Last edited by a moderator:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Much better, just make sure you check the back plate on the engine after a good run even if you only idle it. If it gets to hot to touch it's running hot and will burn it up.
Now you need to get everything fixed so you can hover and check the high speed needle.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey tommy. The Backplate was not like red hot or something I couldn't touch, but definately was a bit warm (towards the hot side) but with your 3sec rule, it was touchable for 3sec.

Gear wore fixed, need radius arm. Till then pitch os being set cause radius arm doesn't effect pitch, so just pop that in and I'll be good to go.. :)

Then we'll see how it hovers..
I know it's the engine, but still I have a vibration in the body, is it just how it is, beer touched a running helis body, so this might be different here but let me know.. It's like a high frequency buzz.

Hoping to hover tommorrow.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Sounds like you got it running decent. As long as you can touch it for 3+ seconds you should be good. After you run it above the 50% throttle for a few minutes you'll need to set it down and check the temp again. If it is too hot the richen the high speed needle about 5 degrees or clicks at a time until the 3 second rule applies. If you can hold your finger on the back plate for longer you can lean it out. after that you will have to tune it for the punchouts between the switch from the low to high until you find the sweet spot.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Sounds great GABA. I don't hear anything but my hearing is bad to say the least! Lol may be your hearing the loose rod and wrist pin.

Tony

Staff member

why touch the backplate? The head and block next to the piston will be the hottest parts of the engine. Really need to get a temp gun and check the temp at the glowplug rather than the backplate. Remember, the backplate is being cooled not only by all of the aluminum, but also the fuel that is being sucked into the motor.

Tony

Staff member

And gaba, that sound is a normal sound from a 2 stroke motor. Nothing to worry about. Now get that wire and link fixed and get me some video of that beast in the air lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Question...

What's a good pitch curve and a throttle curve.... ?

-2 0 5 10 degrees in normal mode??

Or -3 4.5 7 10 in normal?

Have these two schools of thought,,. What's better. Manual mentions both ... Stupid!

Thanks for all the help..:)

zapster

guit being OCD just fly the thing,start with the wood blades

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Hey if you want to buy a temp gun make it so, if you don't have a temp gun then use the 3 second rule. The logical reasoning is, if you can touch the back plate then the head is not to hot. If you can't touch the back plate then the head is to hot. Pretty simple, huh? And it works.

Throttle curve for me is 20,40,50,75,100, but since you don't have a hover throttle control I would find out what your idle speed is and use that as my start point, just make sure you setup the throttle hold in case you get into trouble. My pitch is at +5 degrees when I reach mid stick and RPM's are at about 1550 on the head. My head speed never goes above 1850 for just puttering around.

Oh one more thing. A helicopter is much more sensitive than a car or airplane because of the amount of heat it has to dissipate, as long as you do the finger (without a heat gun ;P) you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom