600 Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and aileron!!

Tony

Staff member
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

If it won't start, you need to check your glow plug. Pull it out and put the igniter on it. It should glow orange. If not, then replace it. Waiting for the video.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me with the Mixes for Throttle, pitch elevator and ailero

Like Tony said, check the glo plug too while you have it out. I had to replace the plug on my t maxx already too.
:stupid::stupid::stupid:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Here is the video you guys.. Let me know what y'all think... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Looks good to me GABA. One thing you have to do is don't store it with fuel in the tank! The nitro in the fuel dissipates rapidly! It will gum up your tank and engine if left in the tank. So drain the tank out and run your engine dry when you are done with it. Don't leave fuel in the tank or you will have problems!

Did you get it running again? Get someone there locally to help you!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok breeze I'll do that:.. I was wondering about that. Lhs guy said its ok for a couple days. But now that you have given me a reason, I will drain it back to the fuel jug.

I haven't given it a shot yet, the balcony or apartment are too small. And inside is not safe anywaz. If its still a little light outside when I get out of work at 6, I'll give another try in the apartment lawn.. It's not till Saturday till someone can help me, If not today then I'll drain the fuel, and wait till Saturday. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Ok GABA. Let me know. Check that glow plug now though. At least that will tell you if that is why it wouldn't start! Also put the fuel back in the jug with the stopper under the cap. That's the best way to do it! Sealed. No leaks! Air can't get in, air, nitro can't get out!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

i will check the glow plug breeze.. just a clarification. It started a couple times. One time was in LHS.. it was under professinal hands with no load on the motor.

Second was when I hot started at full throttle. and broke my starter

Third was when it started, but again no load, i am guessing it was revving too high, and there might have been too much fuel in there, so i hit throttle hold. Now the last time, I could see that the engine was overprimed, and didnt wanna screw with it.. so left it alone..

I will empty out the access fuel by may be also just disconnecting the fuel line, and then turn the engine with the starter for a bit, and then when some fuel has left, start the glow starter, and start it up. I will see if i can get it to work this time.. I will check the glow plug too regardless.. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Do yourself a favor. Pick up a hand held fuel pump. They are only $15-20 bucks. Saves a lot of time. Use it to fuel then, unfuel the heli. You turn the crank one way it spits fuel in, turn the crank the other way, it sucks the fuel out!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

I have an electric one already , thats how i fueled it in the first place.. lol.. how do you think I got that fuel in there in the first place.. :) :) heehee
I will take out the fuel tonite for sure dont worry! I would rght now.. but i am at work. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Boy now I'm jealous lol! I only have a hand held. Oh well I'm buying an electric for the f7f anyways lol!

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
How to Start your Engine 101

Nice looking Heli Gaba, I made this video for you so you can see how I get mine started.

[video=youtube_share;aA6_nAgT6GI]http://youtu.be/aA6_nAgT6GI[/video]

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Tommy! I cannot tell you how thankful I am.. Thanks you thanks you thank you! :)

So, would you say that the 1/8th inch difference in the throttle cut and starting position, is going to be similar in my heli? My carb is hidden by the shroud, so cant see the opening. I saw that you said to hold the head, If the clutch is engaging, like may just a bit too... will it still stop with the firce of my hand.. and it is, then i just reduce my trim right?

I took the heli out before i saw this vid actually.. so .. I tried to start the heli a bunch of times. Found two issues with that. Iwas applying too much force pressing the starter shaft to the hex starting shaft in heli. Well, i figured to keep my hand soft, cause that was causing all sorts of vibraton in my hand. (my starter is the hanger 9 one with rubber lining in it and push in starter shaft). When i took the force off a bit, it started turning true. I could not tell how much up trim (from bottom zero position) i should give, but i tried like 7-9 clicks. till then my starter battery had gone low and my heli battery was low too..

So i just brought everything back up, and put everything on charge. I will give it another shot tomorrow. And will setup my preset for the throttle to about 1/8th to start with and then work my way up.. or down!

AGAIN! THANKS for the video! :) :)

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Do like the other guys said. Take the glow plug out and make sure it will "Glow". If it is not a bright orange hot then either your glow igniter is not working or the glow plug is bad. Don't touch the filament or sitck anything in to it it will damage it. Also, while you have the plug out turn the engine over with your starter to clear out any excess fuel and oil. Then put the plug back in, turn the throttle up from to 1/8 or 1/4 inch then try to start. Make sure you hold the head until it starts. If it starts and the clutch does not engage then you can turn it loose. Also, make sure you set up the throttle cut so if you get in a pickle you can shut it off.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Now this is where I am.

Glow plug works perfectly fine
Fuel drained out
Batteries all charged
Removed the whole electronics tray and engine shroud , and someone on the phone guided me through setting idle up on carb.. Marked the 1/16th inch opening spot, and got my trims ready. I think it's gonna be ok idling.. Got the throttle link set right.

Then, just waiting for tomorrow to start the engine. I am a bit confident that its not gonna kill me.. Hahaha atleast not on the first start.. :)

I'll follow tommy's video now .. :)

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!

Yup, Just take your time and don't hyperventilate. To bad you don't have a shop to work in. Rent yourself a house with a garage man.. lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

hahhahahaaahahhahahha suuuure! then I wont have money for food.. lol I wish! :p

I will try not to hyperventilate! I cant promise anything though! haha! ;P

I'll update ya;ll with wats going on soon.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

SO.... I started the engine. but not that easy..

My electric starter shaft sits on the starter with a rubber sleeve. Well.. I stripped that sleeve when I was applying too much pressure on it. So when i was hooking it to the heli, it was slipping now. making the clutch and the fan to go in oscillatory motion rather than circular, because i didnt have enough friction

Well.. that happened a couple of times, then I finaly stuffed a rubber around the starter long shaft in my electric starter, and then pushed the rod in and hooked it to the heli. well.. my heli started.. It was bit higher rpm than expected. my clutch was engaging, and blades wanted to move, but as I had set the idle position on the carb low enough it was very slow but steady. So i trimmed my pot on TX down like 3-4 clicks and I was OK.. :) engine was running.. I didnt let it heat up i think or may be it was too rich / lean ( i donno) i pumped just a wee bit of throttle into it, and it died on me..

well.. i brought the starter back out.. wanted to starterd, but all of a sudden.. WIERD noises.. like something grinding with something. I STOPPED immediately. unhooked everything. tried turning the heli shaft with hand.. the engine and fan seem disconnected.. ohh well..

I think that oscillatory motion made my fan and clutch to come loose. I am HOPING with crossed fingers, when i open it tonight, I find only a a open nut and I screw it back down to get it all OK again. I am really really hoping.. The engine "seems" fine. But I will try to turn it with my hand, and see if it is ok. my bet is its ok. its something somewhere on the top.

well i know you guys would be dissappointed in me.. lol .. haha.. but i really tried and started the engine. this was just my past mistakes firing back at me. I have an extra sleeve in arlington(i am in plano) I will get that on saturday or something. but, till then.. I am gonna open it and update you guys.. The heli sounds beautiful though.. i think i am getting over the sound of the idling engine to start with..

FINGER CROSSED!! ::)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

ok so.. that.. the engine started.. and i was too happy.. I reached for my phone.. and I said, ok let me rev this a bit and then i will make a video..

As soon as I did .. burrrrrrr.bur...... bur.. bur........... sssssssssssss.. lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

GABA was it warmed up? With my t maxx when you first start it I have to play giggle the the del to get it to rev up lol. Then it's ok after a minute of running!

Top Bottom