You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

I tend to find 20/30 each day when i wake up.
Wind is dying today, may get a chance to fly :)

Tony

Staff member
It also really depends on when you are on. I"m on during the slowest time for the forum. so it's a bit easier to catch up.

Get out there and fly. I may have found a buyer for the motor out of my mcpx. Since the board is fried and glitches like crazy, it's time to part that one out too.

Lee

Just flew this morning, batteries are charged again and i'm off out to have another go :D

Can't break it? Hahahaha
I already did. Earlier yesterday. But today...
Did my first complete and failure-less flips and inverted today right after school! Did the first one or two at 50% power (still a LOT) and then increased to 60% (even more powerful)

Only failure I had was trying to cut the grass inverted and a bit of wind drove it right into the ground... *facepalm*

Luckily no harm done and it lived to flip some more. I will hopefully get some videos when my dad gets done working... :)

Tony

Staff member
Installed both sims on my lappy and brought my Tx's to work to play with them. Just not feeling it tonight...

I picked up two from a mall in indo for about 10bucks total. Was a good start and now the old man and I are getting into it in a big way!!
I would never buy one from the people in the malls back here in oz though. Much more than 10bucks and not a chance I'd buy one

murankar

Staff member
Airhogs are bad enough!!!! But its how I got my start. I ha the the "mall heli" myself but they have there place in the hobby.

Slobberdog

its what i bought this xmas, had to have one, when i went to use it it would not charge. DOH. so weent and bought the 100x instead

Slobberdog

Well what a day, phoned the LHS before taking a 30 mile trip to make sure they had stock of what I wanted, asked for a Trex 450 Pro V2 3gx, good reply came, yes sir we have one, so I asked if he would put it aside for me to collect in about an hour.

Got to the shop, asked for the said model, owner recognised me and asked how my 130x was doing while he got the Trex, then he put the DFC box on the counter, :confusion: "not what I asked for" I thought! So asked the question is the price you quoted me for this a week ago still ok as a couple of the big shops I use had the one I wanted for $450 this was just a tad cheaper than he offered me a week ago, after a quick look on the web and a quick call to his dealer, he said "yes" but the quoted price was his bottom line.........

At that point I had to pick up my bottom jaw, cos the thought that I was going to get the new DFC heli instead of the older version was a bit of a shock.

Secondly if he can make a bit of money of that kit when other dealers are selling the DFC kit in the UK for an extra $140 - $180 what on earth are they making on it. WoW.

Well I bit his hand off, paid the man and run.

Altogether a great piece of luck, don't even feel guilty as he checked all his prices and costs before he confirmed the price!

:joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous:

wolfman76

Outstanding my friend now get to building you know the requirements build photos and maiden video.... Lol and congratz on the new bird.... Now i am just waiting for someone to hand me a fully assembled goblin 770 saying here i don't want this anymore it's all yours... Hey it could happen everyone else is getting these great deals.... Lol

Last edited:
Almost got my mCP X BL Goblin done! The tail motor is kind of dangling off the boom, but don't mind that... I'll fix it later...

Front doesn't look great but give me a break... it's my first Paper Canopy...

Side View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom