You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
It's all of the options that takes so long. It has to download every one of them and install them. It's up and running now on a VM.

Tony

Staff member
The account that I'm on with my server is having issue after issue and quite frankly, I"m tired of chasing down issues from my last host. So, I have created a new account and I'm going to move the account for RCH over to that new account and hopefully solve a lot of issues.

The reason for the day or two shutdown is not me, it's the DNS. It takes time for it to resolve, and even though we are on the same IP address, same nameservers, same everything, it's going to point to a different server. Just takes a little time. Not sure when I'm going to do it, but just getting you guys ready for the lonely times ahead when you are sitting in front of your computer constantly pushing F5 for hours on end hoping that "this time" the forum will be back up lmao.

Stambo

The account that I'm on with my server is having issue after issue and quite frankly, I"m tired of chasing down issues from my last host. So, I have created a new account and I'm going to move the account for RCH over to that new account and hopefully solve a lot of issues.

The reason for the day or two shutdown is not me, it's the DNS. It takes time for it to resolve, and even though we are on the same IP address, same nameservers, same everything, it's going to point to a different server. Just takes a little time. Not sure when I'm going to do it, but just getting you guys ready for the lonely times ahead when you are sitting in front of your computer constantly pushing F5 for hours on end hoping that "this time" the forum will be back up lmao.

NOOOO!!! I will go MORE insane. :)

Tony

Staff member
Still trying to decide if I want a static page, blog or forum on there. Or, I could do a static page AND forum if the forum doesn't have cms. Lots to learn with this new forum theme.

Tony

Staff member
FINALLY!!!

After trying for the last month to get FreeNAS installed on my old Dell P4 computer, it finally decided to install. It's about time lol.

Tony

Staff member
You know, when you go from an old WRT54G wireless router with a 100Mbps switch, to an 8 port 1000Mbps switch, things transfer MUCH faster. I moved a 1GB file in about 5 seconds or so. Loving this.

Tony

Staff member
Eh, I decided to run the water. I was tired of getting water from on top of my washer and dryer (where my Ro/Di system is located, and where I had the pressure tank). So, I ran the lines. It's fun crawling under a house with only 8-10" of clearance playing with water.... :rolleyes:

But, the lines are run, I can now get water from my sink for my coffee and my fridge will now make ice for the first time in the new house...

And now, cleaning! So much for the thought of playing with some Rc lmao. It's windy as hell anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom