Where's Tony

Tony

Staff member
So here is the updated story. Apparently yesterday, I called so many people complaining about this situation that it was like I dropped a boulder into a pond. The ripples were HUGE. But sometimes that is what you have to do. If you have enemies in life, it's because you actually stood up for something. So I get a call this morning from a guy that I really don't want to haul for, but in my situation, I will. He then tells me that his freight is slow and his people are sitting. So, phone calls are made and low and behold they put me on this california run, without changing companies. My exact words to them was "see, that wasn't so hard".

So they tell me that I need to be at a place 2 and a half hours away in two hours to load today. Great, at this point, speed limits are merely suggestions. But I get here when I'm supposed to get here, I get loaded with a 12,000ob load and I'm ready to rock and roll. I'm on my 30 minute break right now in AR and once that is over in 13 minutes, it's time to head west. To Compton...

I just hope they can keep me busy. That is all I want. I'm tired of sitting. The holidays are already wasted and there is no reason for me to go home, so I will collect that bonus for working over the holiday to add to the money that I"m making actually rolling. It sucks for my family, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. And I'm doing it.

And of course, still keep up with this site. We are still going to move it. We are setting up a test site now on his server and make sure everything is going to work properly. There are some files we are not sure about so we are going to play around with those and try to make this site faster. So you see, even on my required DOT breaks I'm still working lol.

Tony

Staff member
Made it as far as I'm going tonight. Hit some pretty heavy snow around Gallup Nm. People acting all kinds of stupid. Going to see if they will unload me early. Sure hope so... I don't want to sit here all day tomorrow.

trainrider06

I hate driving in snow and ice, it's not my driving it's the idiots that seem to like to come across the center line at ya during those weather events!

Tony

Staff member
Thankfully, it never got that bad. 31 was the lowest I saw on my temp gauge. So we went along at a pretty good clip. I just sat behind every one and heard someone on the radio say "if your scared to drive in a little snow then park the effing thing" lmao. But, heading to SoCal.. Won't be there long but it should at least be warm lol. going to be in the mid 60's. I should look up that Pete guy that does those videos lmao.

trainrider06

At the very least, you see some pretty country Tony.
Always wanted to just take off on my bike and see all that country!

Tony

Staff member
Until you get to the LA Metro, there is nothing out here. lol. Lots of sand and rocks. And snow... I hate snow...

trainrider06

Yeah LA is a mess, otter lying areas not so bad. I used to fly in and out of Orange County airport
It was always so pretty, we'd fly out over the ocean bank around and then you'd see the mountains.

Tony

Staff member
been doing nothing but raining. So much for SoCal being sunny...

And my load was not ready. Won't be ready until in the morning. Go figure.

Tony

Staff member
Sitting for days on end just west of St. Louis, Mo. I have about had enough of this crap. Looking for something new that can keep me home. I thought my helicopters were "nightmares", but they dont' even compare to this crap.

I bought a house and I am closing on the 21st of January. I got about a half trailer load of stuff you could haul from one side of the city to the other.:twothumbsup:

trainrider06

I'd say after you haul Bill's stuff, maybe time to find something else. It sounds like you've had your chain pulled enough!

Tony

Staff member
Bro, my chain has been pulled so much, and so many links broke that I"m working with a very small chain now. The problem is, I have done this for so long, this is about all I'm qualified for now. That is what is holding me back. I am trying to study on some new stuff, but this studying is boring as hell. I know all of it, but can't pass any of the practice tests. Maybe I'm just too old to make a change...

trainrider06

There has got to be some sort of local operation you can do till you find something better, shoot park the truck and work 2 jobs or something to keep cash comming in maybe. Where you are now sounds like quicksand.
I know the biggest problem is probably not finding a job that pays the bills. There are plenty of jobs, they just don't pay diddly squat. This airline I work for is hiring like crazy, but they pay rat poop starting out.
Man I hope something comes your way, it's high time it did!

Top Bottom