Where's Tony

trainrider06

Well looks like things are looking a bit better for ya Tony! glad to see that! Now git to making some money and get leveled out on things so you can be able to have some time back on here!

hey Tony.. sorry I saw this a bit late, we are actually having an electric funfly today. do you have any electrics with you?

- - - Updated - - -

indoor funfly that is

- - - Updated - - -

gimme a call at 260 414 9789 if you are interested.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Rodney, I'm not exactly in a position where I'm making anything yet. Something has to change, one way or another. I can't keep doing this.

Bill, I just now got this. Sure wish I had seen it yesterday. I have a quad I need to do a video on so that would have been perfect. Ah well, ran my butt off and I"m now sitting in Ky. Heading to Atlanta and will be there about noon tomorrow. Not sure where I"m going from there though. hopefully the house so I can get some bourbon lol. I need some!

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and Bill, you LIED!!! (joking of course) lmao. From Grand Rapids to Detroit I ran in nothing but freezing fog all the way. That SUCKED!!!! Again, just joking lmao.

Oh, and Bill, you LIED!!! (joking of course) lmao. From Grand Rapids to Detroit I ran in nothing but freezing fog all the way. That SUCKED!!!! Again, just joking lmao.

Darn Michigan weathermen!! Can't trust none of em!!:chuckles: LMAO!! We have had that freezing fog a few times the past couple of weeks and you are right, it sucks..

No worries about the funfly. I wish I would have been able contact you sooner. It was a really good time. I was thinking you probably were staying at the Pilot at 33 and I 69. I live just off of 69 1 exit south of the 33 exit, about 3 minutes away. Since I had seen a picture of your truck, I was thinking I could come find you, but that kind of had a stalker feel to it. LOL! :thinking: We plan on having a few more of them over the next few weeks, so give me a call the next time you come through. if not flying, we can go grab a beer somewhere, I will bring my Trex and you can fine tune it for me too! Ha!

Be safe out there!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is exactly where I was staying. Right behind the pumps close to the building. East side I think. It's all good either way.

As for fine tuning the Rex, I don't know if you want me doing that. I have not flown a helicopter in quite some time and I'm sure I'm pretty rusty. I need to put mine on my truck with me, but if I dont' have time to fly this quad I have with me, I surely don't have time to fly a 450. Sucks.

Called the cooperate office and told them they either need to get me some good paying freight or I would not be able to stay here much longer. They say they are working on it. We will see. Pretty sure I'm going to be going back to hauling fuel/chemicals in the very near future. I just dont' see this working out.

Yup, that is exactly where I was staying. Right behind the pumps close to the building. East side I think. It's all good either way.

As for fine tuning the Rex, I don't know if you want me doing that. I have not flown a helicopter in quite some time and I'm sure I'm pretty rusty. I need to put mine on my truck with me, but if I dont' have time to fly this quad I have with me, I surely don't have time to fly a 450. Sucks.

Called the cooperate office and told them they either need to get me some good paying freight or I would not be able to stay here much longer. They say they are working on it. We will see. Pretty sure I'm going to be going back to hauling fuel/chemicals in the very near future. I just dont' see this working out.

I figured that is where you stayed. Not sure how it is now, but I have heard stories about that truck stop before it became a Pilot. Lot of things to "distract' you. LOL! You can get just about anything you want, including a trip to the doctor's office the next morning.

The Trex got it's maiden hover last weekend. I had a few minor things to address but over all not too bad. That IKON is sweet!! I am really glad I swapped out the 3GX. Now I am just playing with headspeeds and fine tuning.

Does hauling fuel/chemicals pay more and are there more opportunities to get loads?

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, good ole lot lizzards. Thankfully, I actually sleep at night and want nothing to do with those people lol. I have a fantastic story about a lizzard and grape soda if we ever talk on the phone or in person lol. Not exactly a story for the forum hahahaha. I about puked.

Hauling fuel or chemicals is what I have done since 2001. It's what I loved doing but got burnt out on it after doing it for so long. It does pay pretty well, and I'm home every night. I took this position to try and be a little more free in what I haul and when I haul it, as well as the potential of making more money. However, things have not worked out the way I would have hoped. I have been on the phone all morning with different agents, managers and so on to try and make something happen with this company, but I have a feeling it's going to be about the same as it has been and that I just need to start looking. And I really dont' want to do that.

And yes, the Ikon is a fantastic gyro. I have two of them and they work great.

Tony

Staff member
I have been home since last Thursday. 833 mile deadhead. There is nothing out there. Very seriously considering hanging it up. I have now broke into 5 digits behind in bills and I can't keep this up. Something has to change. Worked for over 10 years to repair my credit, and it's only taken less than 3 months to destroy it. Not in a good place right now.

Because of this, in about a week, RCH will shut down for a bit while we move to a different server. I just flat can't afford this one anymore. What is that going to do to the site? I'm not sure, but we are going to find out. So if the site goes down for a few days, it will be back. I just have to do what I have to do.

That sucks man. You could always buy an RV and park it in the desert. seriously.. I hope you figure something out. Your situation is no fun to be in and if you have to shut down the site, i hope you will keep us updated as to how things are going for you and your family.

Tony

Staff member
Not shutting it down permanently, just enough time to move all of the files, database and waiting for the DNS to propagate. At most, if everything goes wrong (and with my luck, it could), we are looking at 4 days. But shouldn't be any more.

Tony sorry to hear about your situation. Do you mind telling us what is the monthly cost for the site? We are quite a few here and we all benefit from it.

Tony

Staff member
I would rather not say in an open forum. As stated though, I will be moving the site to a Private server that is owned by a buddy of mine that knows just about everything there is about servers. So this could actually help RCH in speeding it up if the software will allow. And we are going to be doing some other stuff to the forum to help it out as well, including the microsoft email accounts issue.

But lets just say, the site is not bringing in enough to cover the server cost. That is what the ads are for on the forum. I hate ads as much as anyone else, but it's the only way to keep the site alive and help pay for projects (well, could be used to pay for projects which could happen on the new server).

So if you log in and there is a generic page that is not RCH, just know it will be back. I'm going to lower the TTL down to 5 minutes a few days in advance, and that should help to update everyones cookies on their computer so they see the new DNS and get to the site on a new server.

Tony

Staff member
This is going from bad to worse. They told me, "if you come to AR and pick up a trailer, call a lady at central and get put on mileage, we will have a load for you the same day". So what did I do? I put in $200 worth of fuel into this fuel hogging truck of mine and booked it to AR. I arrived here where the trailer was at 0800 and made the call that I was under the trailer. That is when they told me "Oh, you have to sign on with the 'Express' division". You see, I'm on the HotShot division right now. The only difference from me and the other two branches is the fact that I can haul hazmat. Hazmat means more money and I will be dammed if I'm going to give it up. Not for something that is only going to get me through the winter until the freight picks back up.

So I make a call to this lady and leave a message saying that I was supposed to call her to go to mileage. She calls me back about 10 minutes later in a panic, I mean a flat friggin panic. "What do you mean you are going mileage? We have already renewed your registration, cab card, insurance, IFTA and everything else for 2016. If you switch, you will need to get new 'all of those' just to do this". Yeah, I was not happy at this point.

So here i sit wondering what I'm going to be doing next. I spent the absolute last of my money on fuel to get here expecting a load out of here, which I could have gotten an advance on which would have given me money for fuel and food. But instead, it's almost noon and I'm still sitting here... Broke and quickly running out of food in this truck...

Tony

Staff member
Good question... Can't afford anything for the holidays for my family so there is no reason to go home. Don't have a load and no one knows what to do here so I guess I will spend my time sitting in this gravel lot until I run out of fuel. Which could be soon as I'm sitting on 1/4 tank. Maybe something will change today. I bypassed all the lower level people and went straight to the top of the company and told them something has to happen. We will see what comes today.

One of these days, I will stop BS'ing myself. I keep saying things will get better, you know, trying to be optimistic, but it never gets better. Even before I got the truck, the wife and I were saying "you have come this far, keep going". But, nothing has come of it as of yet...

Dang man.. that has to be the most depressing post I have ever heard on a message board. I sure hope you get a load today so you can go home to your family with some Christmas presents. They say things always work out somehow, I hope they do for you!

Tony

Staff member
6 days until christmas, I just don't see me getting home. If I get loads, then I'm going to keep running, it's what I have to do. I have people working on it, trying to get me on this deal that I need to change companies for, but they are trying to get it done without me changing companies. I have my fingers crossed that something positive will happen. If I didn't think there was a chance, I would be sitting at my house right now cleaning out this truck. But, I'm still in Arkansas. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I need all the luck I can get my hands on right now.

Top Bottom