What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I couldn't wait. I put another ad code in there to see if it will do any better and not cover up half of the page when you hit the home or new post button... Man that was annoying, and I have no idea why it did that.

RandyDSok

Tony... you may be in for some storms pretty soon... In fact, you even have two gust fronts that are converging almost right on top of you which may have more storms pop up right over you ( just maybe, as usual ). I'm uncertain if I'll see anything or if they'll split and go around me, at least at the moment it's hard to tell.

Tony

Staff member
I was just looking at those two outflow boundries wondering if it was going to kick off another storm. I'm watching the radar to see what happens.

Tony

Staff member
The northbound outflow PWNED that southbound boundry lol. Very heavy rain, some pretty good winds, and now I"m going to have to mow again...

RandyDSok

Looks like I'm going without rain... what was heading at me, dissipated and then built right back up after it passed by...

I really wasn't looking for rain, but I did want to see the temps drop which did happen at least.

RandyDSok

Well... the last little cloud, did get the pavement wet at my house, barely. At work, there was about 0.13" of rain. The best part, is the temps dropped from about 94º at about 5:30p to a nice 70º now around 8:30p ... :)

Rob Lancaster

I still haven't test flown my new 450 yet.
We've had passing showers and some very brisk winds too. But the real reason I haven't flown it yet is, I blew out my L4 in my lower back again and I'm practically in a wheel chair... :(

Rob Lancaster

Thanks buddy...
Yeah all I want to do is go, go, but my body says no, no and holds me back every time. I get to feeling good and bam! Here we go again.. Damn....

Tony

Staff member
I fix one issue (massive ad on desktop site) and I create another issue (massive ad on mobile site). I will be working on this tomorrow.... Sorry about the issues.

Tony

Staff member
Sometimes, I really hate microsoft. I am trying to install my adobe suite and it kept ending in an Exit Code 7. Basically, it couldn't get the rights to create new files in Program Files. It can also be the C++ issue, and seeing that I'm running a very old version of adobe suite, this would be the 2010 version that could cause the issue. So after deleting, reinstalling and chasing my tail for about an hour trying to figure out the issue, I decided to just say screw it and activate the admin profile on my computer.

Once I activated my admin profile, I switched over to it and boom, it's installing everything just as it should. Why? I'm guessing it's because i have deactivated my microsoft account from my computer because I like my information private. That is all I can come up with anyway. Maybe Randy has another insight on this that I'm missing....

Edit: Oh, and I did fix the ad issue. Now I just need to figure out how to tame down all of those ads on the mobile site. MAN!!!! There is a LOT of them. NOT what I want this site to be remembered by...

RandyDSok

This has nothing to do with you using a MS Account or a local account... it has everything to do with how users ( even ones created having admin permissions ) by default single program install as a standard user and not an administrator user unless run the install file as an administrator ( right click option )... but things get more complicated when the install process is actually calling other install routines ( like installing the C++ runtimes ) because of how UAC ( user access control ) works.

So newer installation packages are programmed to request and raise the permissions from the standard user profile up to an admin profile for each installation process... Older ones didn't do that. Why... this was done for security reasons so, if an install package got infected with a second package ( virus etc ) ... the second installation process doesn't get the same rights as the initial one does. So each install process is now suppose to request a UAC rights permission increase from a standard user to an admin user. Older installation packages this wasn't an issue in earlier versions of Windows as long as the initial install package was given admin rights, then the following installation packages that may be called also had admin rights... that is now not a loophole that is available to the following installation processes... now each one must make that UAC request.

Tony mentions one solution... enable the Adminstrator's account and install while logged into that account. The other solution which isn't as easy, is to manually install the other required packages first which of course requires that you find and download those packages separately.

Tony

Staff member
It's not actually calling for C++ to be installed, it is tossing an error that could indicate that the C++ install is not the correct one for the program.

More than likely this was just a UAC issue since i have disabled a LOT of features in there so that I don't have to mess with "things". Not going to say what I have done on a public forum, but it is enough, I'm guessing, to make my account invalid to create new folders in protected directories.

And I almost forgot to disable that admin account, doing that now. Always disable the admin account if you enable it for reasons like this.

Rob Lancaster

Tony; how the hell do you know what you're doing?
I wish I understood more about computers and servers and such. Reading your last few posts is like trying to read Greek. It's way over my head. But at the same time, very interesting. The main reason is,,, this tech ain't going away anytime soon.. So I hope like everything else, it starts to sink in sooner rather than later.

Oh hey; if my back isn't better tomorrow, I need to have the doc inject my back again and then restart rehab again. It's killing me!!! And on top of that, I'm sit'n here looking at the new 450, drooling over it. Indeed life is cruel....

Top Bottom