What Did You Do Today???

Admiral

Received my DX9 back from OMP the Spektrum agent in Australia all repaired and looking brand new.

Geena

Staff member
We fly in 20 mph wind down here. in 2012, we had a fun fly on the weekend that Hurricane Sandy was moving by the west coast of FL. Wind was blowing 20 sustained and gusting up to 30. Our crazy butts were out there, having a blast.

Tony

Staff member
Been slow around here the last few days. I have been quite busy myself with working out in the yard, the whole license debacle, and just general crap. None of which unfortunately has to do with RC.

Smoggie

I got seven heli flights in today in perfect conditions, best flying day for ages. My flying buddy even turned up.
Gave the grass it's final cut of the year once I got home, far too wet for cutting really but it's probably not going to get any dryer for months so I had to get it done.

RandyDSok

I got to hang out at the ER for 6 hrs after the exGF popped out her hip that she just had hip replacement surgery on... Hopefully she'll learn to be more careful from now on....

Tony

Staff member
Today I went out in the studio and ACTUALLY cleaned off the work bench. Then, I shot a blog video that I will be uploading very soon regarding Ad Blockers. This I feel needed to be addressed.

Finally, I shot the video on setting up the Ikon2. This is a very basic setup video. I did not show how to reprogram the switches or the channels on my DX9, that will be in a later video. I also did not show the helicopter or pitch gauge when setting up the tail or the head. I have covered these in many videos. But at the end of the video I did say that if people wanted these videos specifically on the Ikon2, I would go back out there and make it. It was just getting too hot out there and the wasps were getting pretty bad.

I may just end up reshooting that video because of some of the things that happened during the video. For example, I changed the servo for the tail, but forgot that this new servo is 760 and not 1520. I damn near burnt up that servo... And my cyclic pitch is different one way than it is the other, and you adjust them together. This even though I was at 0º of pitch. Not sure what is going on there...

Time to start editing...

Geena

Staff member
I went to the hardware store and got the rest of what I need for doing my nitro engine rebuild video. A new brake cylinder hone, a pack of scotch bright pads, a can of brake parts cleaner, and a 22 pound sledge hammer. I`ll start working on the video tomorrow, after flying.

Tony

Staff member
Uploading the Ikon 2 Basic Setup video. Pretty sure people are not going to like this one, so I think I will just start shooting the complete setup guide and get that one ready...

Admiral

Over past two days sailed from Brisbane to Melbourne on cruise ship, today off to the Melbourne Cup (horse race) weather looking crap, typical Melbourne .

RandyDSok

My old smartphone was starting to act a little flakey ( screen flickering while charging and other little things )... Since my business relies on my phone... I upgraded to a new Moto Z2 Play. Spent the afternoon and evening reloading my apps and installing updates.

This will be the first time I didn't go with the flagship phone ( the Z2 Force ) since I didn't need duel rear cameras nor 64Gb of storage since I don't store many photo's and any music on my phones... I still have almost 1/2 of the 32Gb left and I'll upload any good pics I have once I choose which ones to keep. The size only increased slightly ( now 5.5" ) from my old one but the thickness is almost 1/2 of what the older one was... Thanks to the all metal frame, there is no flex in the phone at all.

Tony

Staff member
Tried to shoot some video today but between the wind blowing at over 40mph making all kinds of noise outside the studio and the friggin neighborhood dogs barking their ass off because a leaf moved, it just didn't happen. Guess it will just have to wait...

Tony

Staff member
Received a nice load of Hickory wood already split the other day and decided to go ahead and do the first smoke with said wood. Bad part is the wood is still pretty green, but is good enough to smoke with as long as you fire it up and get a lot of coal going before you put the meat on. So I piled the fire box up and absolutely packed that poor thing full of wood and set it on fire. After about 2 hours and adding more wood, I had a good bed of coals and on went the meat.

Today we are smoking a Picnic roast. For those that don't know, that is the leg part of a pig just below the shoulder. Makes some of the best pulled pork you have ever had. I just put it on there about 30 minutes ago and she is smoking away. I can't wait until this is done. I love this wood and I love that cut of meat. Can't wait until I get my new smoker built... That is going to be awesome!

Derek

I got my new fpv wing built and ready for maiden

Attachments

• 20171120_010653.jpg
    20171120_010653.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 3

Geena

Staff member
I got home today to a very nice surprise. My wonderful husband Aaron, picked up an early Christmas gift for me. It was waiting in the living room when I got home from work. I have played drums since I was like 12, and he plays guitar. Lately, I have shown an interest in wanting to learn to play the bass. So He bought THIS for me. :) Ibanez GSR-200 bass. Let the fun begin. :D Hahaha.. I hadn`t even cleaned up from work yet.

20171120_172155 (597x1024).jpg

Top Bottom