What Did You Do Today???

Rob Lancaster

Hey Tony, I like the white text over the black back ground.

Two nice flights in the wind today. This 450 clone really flies great!

rdsok, that radar link was very interesting for sure. I learned a lot with that one and I'm still going over stuff there. First of all, the radar system I saw on the big island back in 1989 must have been a predecessor to the WSR-88D Doppler system.

About the software you guys are using.. What does it do? When you zoom way in, is the image really pixilated?

Tony

Staff member
I actually don't think it was me. More on that in the video. Then, I get to start planning some mods...

RandyDSok

About the software you guys are using.. What does it do? When you zoom way in, is the image really pixilated?

I'm trying to get ready for work so I'll get into some of that later if time permits. I'll probably answer in the other thread where we've been discussing radar so the info is kept within one thread instead of spread across several threads.

Tony

Staff member
About to upload a video I just took with a new quad that I was hoping to use for overhead video since it is a GPS quad. What I found with the video quality is absolutely shocking. Stay tuned. The thread will be in the Quad section.

txrcnoob

Been simming today off and on on RF8 I want to figure out how to capture the video on there and convert it to file I can upload on YouTube. I'm not a good heli pilot but it would be cool to show progression. Probably going to start day drinking. Since a storm just blew in.

namaspilot

Been simming today off and on on RF8 I want to figure out how to capture the video on there and convert it to file I can upload on YouTube. I'm not a good heli pilot but it would be cool to show progression. Probably going to start day drinking. Since a storm just blew in.

I'm not sure what hardware you have. If you have an Nvidia gpu, you could use shadowplay to record videos.

If you have decent hardware OBS Studio is also good and free.

If your hardware is not so good, may be try bandicam.

txrcnoob

I'll give it a shot. I tried a different one I dont remember the name of it but it tried to load malware and viruses on my computer as soon as I opened it. I downloaded it based on YouTube video search for screen sharing.

Tony

Staff member
screen capture and screen sharing are completely different. Sharing has to open ports in your router to work which will, 99% of the time, activate a virus program. Something like OBS only records the screen. You can stream with it, but for your needs, you don't need all of that.

leedude1

Picked up a small generator for field charging so i dont have to spend the evening prior to flying charging and will save me from purchasing additional batteries..... looking forward to finally getting out to the field.. may be next week... just flying the small stuff at the park when i can escape.

Rob Lancaster

I just planted in a pot an avocado pit. I don't even like avocados, lol....
My older brother wants this tree soooo,,, he better get over here and cut down that rather large Abesia tree and java plum tree, vines and banyan trees, elephant ear and more. It's a jungle back there. That's why I insist on a loud locator beacon on all (ONE) of my larger aircraft; LOL!!!

Besides; I could use more airspace too; he he heee...………………
Hey leedude1, what kind of generator did you score? I use a Honda EU2000I for back up for the house here; love it! Great on gas, clean power and nice and quiet..
Rob...

Attachments

• IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 1

murankar

Staff member
Not much happening today or this week. I lost another family member today. My step mothers mom died this morning. This was an inevitable fate. There were a few complications that could not be fixed. So over the course of the week I need to be available.

Next, this morning about an hour after that we got hit with a 10 second 4.0 earthquake (if I read the info correctly). The epicenter was just off the coast in lake Erie. That area has generated a good number of vibrations over the years.

Finally not sure what to get involved with right now. Weather is crap again, more rain. I did start my luggage rack platform. Still need to finish the framing. Once the framing is done all that's left is tie down points for luggage and a retention system to keep it on the car. I have the retention part solved I think. More on this later.

RandyDSok

As Tony already found out last night about midnight thirty ( or so )... I found out that I lost power to my bedroom, bathroom and hallway lights at some point. I went out to the breaker panel and I found none of the breakers were thrown. To make things more challenging, no one had marked anything except the major appliances, so I was "in the dark" more than just one way. :banghead:

Too add insult to injury, I also noticed that there were several tree limbs that had fallen in my backyard that I'd failed to notice after a storm blew through with about 55 mph winds ( several reported up around 60 mph ) and had dumped over an inch of rain in less than 15 minutes. The downed branches would be there later, what I concerned myself with was finding out what was going on with the power.

So I turned on what lights I could in the house and started throwing each breaker off and checking which lights went out one at a time. I got a couple of them marked but still hadn't figured out which one may be bad ( or even if one was actually bad ). Since it was late and I wasn't going to be able to do anything until the hardware stores were open anyway... I ran a temp extension cord to my alarm clock and one for the fan in the bedroom... and called it good for the night.

At least Tony provided a little entertainment since he was setting up his iRacing account again so he could do some streaming from that again. :D

After going to work so I could receive a part I had for an upcoming computer build... I came back home and started with the tree branches first since I knew I could get that done. Next, I took off the breaker panel and began testing each breaker. They all tested ok, double checked that and they all were working. Since I suspected the ground fault breaker and since it's possible that some power could come back in on the ground wire depending on exactly how things were wired, I went ahead and disconnected it since it only takes a few moments. Went back inside and started the process of pulling off the switch and power receptacles for the areas affected. I didn't find anything wrong with any of the ones I'd opened up. So as a last resort, I thought I'd check a few outlets I'd missed the night before... I started with the socket in the hall, plugged in my hair dryer to test it ( because I didn't have a small lamp ) and the hall light blinked on/off real quick, check the upper socket and the light came on and stayed on. Checked the bedroom and bathroom lights... they worked also. So apparently, the connection had just gotten corroded. I'll replace it later with a new one but it's all working for now. While I was at it, I thought I'd test the breaker that I thought it was working through and sure enough... got another one marked on the panel.

Top Bottom